Ravenloft game thread

load previous
Jul 12, 2015 4:13 am
I look around with one raised eyebrow at the seemingly empty buildings. "Do you think this is the place?"
Jul 12, 2015 10:19 am
"It would be curious if it were not, " Iskandil says, and follows towards the sound of crying. The town unnerves him, but most towns do. He grips his staff tightly and keeps an eye out for danger.
Jul 12, 2015 1:31 pm
Lysander leads the party down the south (left) path.
A moaning sob floats through the still, gray streets, coloring your thoughts with sadness. The sounds flow from a dark, two-story townhouse, 60ft down the road.

Rolls

Secret Roll

Jul 13, 2015 4:02 am
Katerina draws her blades from her hips and stands on guard as she looks around the house. "If there be the devil in here, I should be the first to pray him back to hell with assistance from my fellow clergy." She flicks the tips of her swords up at the last word. She keeps a sharp eye as she looks down the road and closes the distance to the house.
Last edited July 13, 2015 4:02 am
Jul 13, 2015 6:30 am
Lysander boldly follows Katerina, holy symbol chalice in one hand, shield ready in the other.
Jul 13, 2015 8:03 am
Grizel dismounts. Leaving Alastor untied, she waits until her friends have gathered before she advances on the house.
OOC: Is my Divine Sense still in effect?
Jul 13, 2015 8:30 am
The house is barricaded up from the inside. However, the door is not, and opens with a creak. The crying comes from upstairs.
Divine Sense lasts only 2 turns (12s), so no
Jul 13, 2015 12:42 pm
"Stay and stand guard," Grizel sends through the telepathic link with Alastor, before she ducks inside the house. The paladin to gestures for Lysander to follow her upstairs, whispering to the others, "Will ye stand guard down here? Wouldn't want something slippin' in after us and attackin' us from behind." Then she starts carefully up the stairs.
Last edited July 13, 2015 12:44 pm
Jul 13, 2015 12:59 pm
A woman sits in the middle of the floor of an upstairs bedroom. She is lost in her sorrow and despondency. She barely recognizes your presence in the room, and continues weeping.
Jul 13, 2015 1:48 pm
Sindar will holster his crossbows, entering the room behind Grizel.

"Madam? Hello?" Sindar will talk calmly to the weeping woman.

OOC: I'd like to have a good look at the woman, to see if anything about her is amiss. If she starts talking to us, I'll try to use Insight to gleam more information from he mannerisms.

Rolls

Perception +7 (expertise) - (1d20+7)

(2) + 7 = 9

Insight, if we start to interact with her - (1d20+5)

(2) + 5 = 7

Jul 13, 2015 6:13 pm
Lysander is clearly torn between offering sympathies to this woman and his general apprehension at how strange the situation is. He hesitates for a moment and slings his shield into his back again. Then he approaches with a woman drawing a handkerchief from a pocket..
"Miss, we are travelers from foreign lands who have come to alieve the troubles of this land. Please tell us what ails you, and we will do for you what we can.
Jul 13, 2015 7:36 pm
"The...the...poor girl...I let her rot here...confined...I thought she would be safe? ...sob...why, why did you run? Oh Gertruda...she must be dead by now...Gertruda!"

She seems too upset to talk, almost beyond sanity. You notice she is poor, wearing stitched-up clothing, and is a little weak from malnutrition.
Jul 13, 2015 9:15 pm
Katerina sheaths her blades and fetches half a day's rations from her pack as she tends to anything else the woman may need assistance with. She gives her the food and asks. "Tell us about Gertruda. What did the child look like?"
Jul 13, 2015 11:15 pm
Following silently behind Katerina, I can feel my brow furrow in concern for the poor woman. Unsure of what to say that might comfort her, I stay silent, blocking my view with the bodies of my companions.
Jul 14, 2015 8:56 am
"Oh...my sweet girl! Thanks be to you...but, you can't save her...there is no hope here, only DESPAIR! But it's my fault, all mine. Please, if you find her body, return it to me...I can only fear the worst. She is a young Barovian woman, so innocent and sweet, with curly brown hair and bright green eyes...she wears a brown ribbon and has a mark...a mark on her wrist. Please find her so I can mourn her true fate. Clearly you are not from here, you smell so different...but soon you will be the same as all of us! I ask you leave me to my sorrows. There is little I can do to repay your kind words and actions."

She talks to the group as if one entity, perhaps too distraught to entertain you each as individuals.
Jul 14, 2015 1:51 pm
Down on one knee in front of the weeping woman, Grizel looks over her shoulder at her companions crowded into the small room. She turns back to the woman and gently tries to get more information out of her, "What's caused this then? Your Getruda, this whole town, tell us what's happened. We're here to help."
Jul 15, 2015 1:50 am
"If we can disciver Gertrude's fate, we will bring her back here, or what answers we can. We were sent for by your Burgomaster Kolyan Indrirovich. Can you tell us where to find him?"
Jul 15, 2015 9:18 am
The lady tries to compose myself: "I suppose I am as fit as any to tell you. In that I am not. It's been several hundred years since our village was trapped like this, at least as anyone can determine. We work hard to sustain our community but there is little we can do to grow strong crops. That creature, Strahd, who calls himself Vampyr, dwells in an old castle high in the sky. When you are outside, look to the North West and your may hear great thunderclouds signalling it's eternal presence. Sometimes you can see it high above Barovia when the fog is a little clearer.

My name is Mary. I doubt you shall now me much longer for I feel I will perish in my grief soon.

The Burgomaster lives just at the bottom of this road. He is the wealthiest person in our community, but his mansion is boarded up just like all of our buildings. For at night, he comes with his wolves...

He has two children, Ireena and Ismark. I do not know why he has sent for you, for it is an extreme unkindness to trap you here. There is no way out...I hope his intentions are true and honorable

As for my daughter, she fled my care. I kept her trapped here for her own safety"

Although she seemed to have calmed for talking you through the situation, bringing up her daughter again seems to cause her more stress. She falls silent and sullen.
Jul 15, 2015 12:19 pm
Iskandil nods as the pieces fall into place. The vampyr's influence is what causes the wolves to act so unnaturally.

"We will see. The vampyr may find that he has caught more in his trap than he bargained for."
Jul 15, 2015 4:09 pm
"I think it is the burgomaster who we owe our first visit. He is directly responsible for bringing us here. He was somehow in control of those wolves it seems. He brought us here. We should deal with him, then see to freeing the rest of these people from this dread creature, Strahd"
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.