Ravenloft game thread

load previous
Sep 17, 2015 7:30 pm
I look at the apparently absent minded villager as if he had two heads. "We should really help those villagers." Scrunching up my face in disbelief, I say "I can't believe I just suggested we go to the castle of death."
Sep 17, 2015 8:00 pm
I shrug, following the others across the bridge, "It's not like there's anything else to do." I check my rapiers again, something I hadn't done since we were at the bottom of the falls, "And we've got a score to settle with this count."
Sep 18, 2015 11:11 am
PhantomNimbus says:

[ OOC: Victor is tinkering as they are walking to craft a small clockwork toy bear. It takes about an hour to complete and costs me 10 GP worth of material. (Let me know if this hike up the mountain takes more than an hour) ]
Technically you must already have obtained the materials (either before Barovia or in it) as you cannot convert gold into tinkerable supplies without seeking them out. If you want, you can convert any amount of your gold into tinker supplies once (to represent what had been collected before Barovia). I notice you have not spent your gold at character creation - I expect for this reason? (There will probably be a whole ton of gp in the castle anyway if you can find it)
Candi says:
"It's not like there's anything else to do. And we've got a score to settle with this count."
Zinnarath's flaw: There's no room for caution in a life lived to the fullest.

lol! Definitely earns inspiration if you don't have it already!

The party continues along the road, which is no longer a steep incline, but seems to take the form of a well-cared for roadway.

There is something watching you from the woods that press in on the road. It's foggy, but you can see a few large, slow moving creatures prowling behind the dense woodland as you walk, perhaps 40ft away from the side of the group.

Rolls

Secret Roll

Secret Roll

Secret Roll

Secret Roll

Secret Roll

Secret Roll

Sep 18, 2015 10:49 pm
Justice pauses when she sees the creatures. When she does so, she realizes what she had just said to Grizel. She made herself look like a fool in front of a Paladin. Where did those thoughts come from? Just before today she would have gladly stood beside any poor and downtrodden and help him or her. What in the hells.
Looking back and forth nervously about the woods, Justice slinks to the back of the group, avoiding eye contact with Grizel.

Rolls

Perception - (1d20-2)

(20) - 2 = 18

Sep 19, 2015 11:05 am
It becomes evident that these large creatures are watching, and moving slowly, but not attacking. Their shapes are obscured by the fog, and their presence would strike fear into even the most seasoned warriors. The biggest evidence of their presence is the sound of their feet on the twigs and leaves in the woods.
Sep 19, 2015 1:03 pm
I rest a hand on one of my crossbows as we walk, a nervous eye turning towards the hulking figures every few dozen paces. As the sound of twigs snapping under their weight periodically fills the air around us, I ask no one in particular "What do you all make of them?"
Sep 20, 2015 6:07 pm
Grizel replies grimly, "Keep up yer guard but save yerr strength for what we've come here to do. We're here for Strahd."
OOC:
Personality Trait: I can stare down a hell hound without flinching
Oath of Vengeance Tenet: Fight the Greater Evil
Last edited September 21, 2015 6:27 am
Sep 20, 2015 6:11 pm
Victor is still actively screwing on parts of whatever he is tinkering with. He has produced a few small tinkers tools from his bag and seems oblivious to the world around him.
Sep 21, 2015 6:23 am
I don't act, but I remain wary of whatever is in the mists.
Sep 21, 2015 7:23 am
Once again you continue down the fog-shrouded road, dead leaves crackling along your track. The road splits in two. The dirt road continues to the northwest while a wide road leads east into the heart of the dense forest. Patches of cobblestone show up through the east road, telling that it was once a great road. To the right side of the fork stands a large carriage with two horses. Both horses are black as pitch. The horses snort violent puffs of steamy breath into the chill air. The carriage door swings open silently.

The creatures are still watching your 7-strong group from a distance in the woods. Their eyes occasionally glow and flicker as they do.
Sep 22, 2015 4:04 am
As the coach door swings open Victor finally looks up from the thing he is tinkering. He slips it into his bag and calls out to the carriage. "Hail, well met...traveler. D...do you require assistance?", he is trying to keep his voice from wavering as he calls out.

He tries to scan his eyes across the shapes the others have mentioned to see if he can discern anything about them.

[ OOC: I would like to see if I can roll Nature to try and identify the creature. If it is a natural entity maybe that is something legit. If not I'll roll perception too, use that to try and identify the creature. If I'm really lucky you can use my first roll and just apply whatever modifier you want? Lol. ]
Last edited September 22, 2015 4:05 am

Rolls

Nature - (1d20+4)

(18) + 4 = 22

Perception - (1d20+2)

(8) + 2 = 10

Sep 22, 2015 4:08 am
Justice, looking nervously at the carriage, steps in front of Victor having her magic ready for any moment.

((OOC: Justice is not standing directly in front of Victor, but a little to the side. In a guarding way, not a rude way.))
Sep 22, 2015 4:46 am
I have a bad feeling about the carriage. "My gut tells me it's empty." I stay focused on the carriage, but don't move yet. "And that it was sent for us."
Sep 22, 2015 5:23 am
Grizel draws her sword and urges Alastor forward. She rides up to the carriage and sees...

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+3)

(12) + 3 = 15

Sep 22, 2015 10:57 am
...that the carriage is empty. The horses wait obediently but seem eager to ride off.

Victor is certain that they are being watched by some kind of wolf. Their glowing eyes signal that these could be the legendary worgs, not as intelligent but much larger and more vicious. They have been said to track groups for miles before attacking, waiting for an opportune moment to pick off individuals. There's no way to be certain as they are obscured by the dense mist and foliage.
Sep 22, 2015 11:04 am
"I don't like this." I stride up beside Grizel, "Shall we continue walking, or ride? I'm not keen to get inside. Prefer not be trapped in a confined space. It takes one melee below deck on a ship to learn what it's like to be a fish in a barrel. I might be able to ride atop it though." As I speak I examine the carriage for anything strange, besides its emptiness, and also evaluate the difficulty of riding atop it.

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+4)

(1) + 4 = 5

Sep 22, 2015 11:10 am
Considering our situation, I finally speak up. "As crazy as it sounds," I take a bold step forward toward the carriage. "I say we get in the carriage. It seems the slightest bit safer ... somehow."
Sep 22, 2015 11:37 am
Victor, more concerned about the immediate threat simply walks to the carriage and climbs inside. He cycles through those spells he has committed to memory as he does. His staff is, for once, quite mute on the topic of his decision to climb in.
Sep 22, 2015 2:21 pm
The carriage has a flat top and looks like it would hold weight. The windows are quite small so it's difficult to see inside, but as Victor climbs inside it seems comfortable and luxurious, albeit with a dusty mildly-perfume-like smell.
Sep 22, 2015 2:24 pm
After seeing the inside I poke my head back out and call to the others, "Trust the carriage or not I suggest we embark in it. I do believe we are being followed by Worgs, I would rather not walk through the woods waiting to be picked off."

I then go back inside and find a seat.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.