Ravenloft game thread

load previous
Oct 12, 2015 8:56 am
The statue does not feel unnatural, it's surface is smooth and cold as you might expect.
Oct 12, 2015 9:12 am
I walk past Victor, continuing down the hallway towards the door at the end, "Are we going to admire the decoration, or see where this rabbit hole leads?" I pause briefly, looking back at everyone, "I expect now is the last chance for turning back. From here, we're into the belly of the beast." If no one objects, I continue on down the hallway.
Oct 12, 2015 9:25 am
Zinnarath treads into the darkness, now almost totally obscured to those without darkvision, and finds another similar pair of doors in the grey darkness.

Carved into the door's decorations are two suns, a mountain, and a heart.
Oct 12, 2015 3:09 pm
Unlike the others, Grizel never paused to study the statues. The moment the doors opened into the hall of statues she and Alastor just kept going into the darkness towards what appeared to be the other end of the hall. Grizel is alert but still deep in her thoughts.

Is it really wrong for the strong t' rule over th' weak? Isn't that th' natural way o' things? That makes everyone stronger, don't it?

Rolls

Perception (disadvantage bec. of darkness?) - (1d20+3, 1d20+3)

1d20+3 : (14) + 3 = 17

1d20+3 : (15) + 3 = 18

Oct 12, 2015 5:13 pm
(Disadvantage for dim light - as far as you can see into the hall which is dark at the end)

You notice that dim, focused light from somewhere seems to be reflecting off of their polished eyeballs, giving the illusion of their eyes following you. Each statue is holding a unique pose, pointing to heaven or earth, standing straight or hunching; in armour or court robes.

Rolls

Secret Roll

Secret Roll

Secret Roll

Secret Roll

Oct 13, 2015 2:07 am
Victor, despite his small stature does his best to keep pace right behind Grizel and Zinnerath. His gnome heritage gives him ease seeing through the darkness.

[ OOC: Victor has darkvision. ]
Oct 13, 2015 9:32 am
Heading toward the door "[OOC: Thank you darkvision.], I slowly walk through the hall, I look at the statues as I pass them, turning my head only slightly.
Oct 13, 2015 9:41 am
I glance over my shoulder. Seeing that others have followed me, I lean into the door, just as I did the other, and attempt to shove it open.
Oct 13, 2015 10:45 am
Faelor notices each statue has a glint in it's eye as he walks past each one and they go out of sight. Their eyes press onto you, following you up the hallway. Opening the doors, Dim, colored light filters through broken and boarded up stain glass windows, illuminating the ancient chapel of Ravenloft. Pews and benches lie about the floor in jumbled disarray, coated with centuries of dust. Beyond this debris, lit by a single, piercing shaft of light, an altar stands upon the platform. The light falls directly on a small statue. A figure is draped over the altar. This room seems as though nothing has disturbed it in centuries, and that nothing ever could. The ceiling, high above, is black with darkness.

Rolls

Secret Roll

Oct 13, 2015 11:00 am
Excited for the comfort of light, I quicken my step a bit to inspect the altar.

Rolls

Investigate - (1d20)

(7) = 7

Oct 13, 2015 11:27 am
I move towards the middle of the room, searching the shadows and perimeter as I walk, a hand resting cautiously on one of my hand crossbows in preparation for an ambush.

Conveniently, I have the same bonus on investigation and perception as I'm not sure what you would want

Rolls

Investigation/Perception - (1d20+4)

(10) + 4 = 14

Oct 13, 2015 12:30 pm
Astride Alastor, Grizel makes a circuit of the chapel's perimeter before joining Faelor at the altar.

Rolls

Perception (disadvantage from dim light?) - (1d20+3, 1d20+3)

1d20+3 : (19) + 3 = 22

1d20+3 : (13) + 3 = 16

Investigation (disadvantage from dim light?) - (1d20-1, 1d20-1)

1d20-1 : (10) - 1 = 9

1d20-1 : (3) - 1 = 2

Oct 13, 2015 1:25 pm
(Perception applies here as you are trying to spot something rather than searching via deductions.)

There are two other entryways in the chapel, each with two visible statues in alcoves. Both Grizel and Zinnarath spot a movement up in the ceiling, where there is likely an upper level accessible from another floor (to Zinarrath only).

Faelor approaches, and finds that the statue is actually a carved icon of the purest silver, glowing faintly in response to the shaft of light. The figure draped over the altar is a dead cleric, who looks important in his heavy, decorated black robes. There is an expression of anguish on his face.

http://tbx.me/-6Yn.png
Oct 13, 2015 2:07 pm
"Something is above us. I think there's a second level." I say loud enough for those near to hear me. I move towards the stairs near Grizel and start up them. I stop at the first landing, attentive to my surroundings and listening for sounds of movement ahead.

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+4)

(12) + 4 = 16

Oct 14, 2015 4:00 am
Victor finds a pew that is not overturned and sits on it. The mist pours out of the staff again and Nightshade is perched on his shoulders within a moment. "Scout", he whispers to the bird and it takes flight for the second floor. His eyes once again go white and he is seeing the bird flying up to the second floor. He hears and sees all that the bird hears and sees.

He has the bird land and look around the upstairs. It will be sitting on the handrail of the floor above when Zinnerath gets to the top of the stairs.

[ OOC: Victor summons his familiar, commands it to scout the upstairs, and then views it remotely. He is blind and deaf to what is around him, but hopefully from the high vantage point can still see his body below him. ]

Rolls

Nightshade's Perception - (1d20+3)

(1) + 3 = 4

Oct 14, 2015 9:50 pm
In the body of the crow, the room seems much darker. Circling the room, only the warm light below is visible. With a single, blunt blow, the crow is ripped out of the air and Victor is torn from it's body. Black feathers fall into the room and turn to dust before they touch the ground. Something evil lurks above in the dark vaulted ceiling.

Rolls

Secret Roll

Oct 15, 2015 5:41 am
Now that I've seen the silver altar, I shift my attention to the cleric."Curious..."
"[OOC: *sees roll* yup, it's a cleric.]
Last edited October 15, 2015 5:43 am

Rolls

Investigate - (1d20)

(3) = 3

Oct 15, 2015 6:01 am
Victor drops to his knees from the pew he was sitting in with a sudden gasp. He still has a fleeting feeling of being crushed to death, but quickly regains his bearings. He stands. "There is something evil above. Zinnarath, be careful!", he starts running for the stairs to catch up with the half-orc before she gets all the way up the stairs. He is cycling through the spells he memorized for the day in his mind. These may be of use sooner rather than later.

Victor thinks to himself, Nightshade is certainly going to give me an earful for this one when I summon him again.
Oct 15, 2015 7:25 am
The cleric seems fresh-faced until you draw near. The skin on his face is cracked where the light from the window falls on him. His features have a stonelike pallor and glaze.

Victor runs to meet Zinnarath, and something catches his ear. A dark figure is scrambling down the wall behind him, towards Justice and Katerina.

Perfectly silent, the pale, female figure drops from the wall and lunges at Katerina with claws and teeth!

Rolls

Creature IN, stealth - (1d20+3, 1d20+6)

Ireena, Justice, Grizel, Kat - (1d20+3, 1d20+2, 1d20, 1d20+3)

1d20+3 : (6) + 3 = 9

1d20+2 : (8) + 2 = 10

1d20 : (3) = 3

1d20+3 : (7) + 3 = 10

Faelor, Victor, Zinnarath - (1d20+2, 1d20+1, 1d20+4)

1d20+2 : (1) + 2 = 3

1d20+1 : (6) + 1 = 7

1d20+4 : (9) + 4 = 13

Claws, teeth - (1d20+6, 1d20+6)

1d20+6 : (6) + 6 = 12

1d20+6 : (16) + 6 = 22

Damage, necrotic damage (also reduced max HP) - (1d6+3, 2d6)

1d6+3 : (1) + 3 = 4

2d6 : (22) = 4

Oct 15, 2015 8:31 am
(Back to Zinnarath in the room with stairs - This arched room opens into a vast chamber to the east, and a rising staircase to the west. Alcoves in the north and south walls open into this room. Within the dark confines of the alcoves lurk 8-foot tall shadowy figures. Their stone forms show mighty muscled arms and legs. A black shadow falls across the features of their faces.

A staircase of old wood climbs shakily up a stonework shaft. With each step upon it, the wood strains underfoot, creaking and groaning.

In her attentiveness, Zinnarath is the first to react to the sound of a hostile creature in the chapel.
http://tbx.me/e5g6vx.png
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.