Chapter 1 - The City

load previous
Oct 8, 2015 2:24 am
Howard:
Make a Logic test. You will get 2 positive dice. One default, and one because you've seen the behavior of enough undead things to be able to recognize them. I won't require any negative dice because it's going to be simple enough if you actually spot any.
Oct 8, 2015 5:22 am
Howard peers at the mob, trying to tell which, if any, of them are undead.

Howard's LOGIC is 2, so he has one success!
Last edited October 8, 2015 5:24 am

Rolls

check to discern zombies - (2d6)

(41) = 5

Oct 8, 2015 12:19 pm
Scanning the crowd you look for unusual movements, individuals in scuffles of any sort, and even animals acting in a strange way. You don't currently see any of that. Just people of all walks who look generally confused and terrified. There also don't seem to be any bodies on the ground anywhere nearby the store.
Oct 8, 2015 1:28 pm
"Let's get in and out, quick!"
Oct 8, 2015 6:14 pm
As you are watching the activity you see people kind of flooding in and out of the front of the building. Many of you do know there are a few back doors and receiving bays at the back of the store as well. Certainly it shouldn't be too hard for you to find what you need in here as well. It's mostly just going to be the task of navigating the crowd and getting back out.

[ GM: Do we have a plan of attack with what we want to do here? ]
Oct 8, 2015 10:06 pm
"You know what would clear out this crowd? Some zombies!" Jacob smiles as he's convinced he's come up with the 'best plan eva'.

"Two of us could fake like zombies and walk towards the crowd with the others yelling 'Get Away! We got this!' swinging your guns around and what not."

Looking over to Howard, "How's your zombie walk?"
Oct 8, 2015 10:19 pm
Kel thinks about going around back but decides that there is a 100% greater chance for zombie rats back in the alley.
Oct 8, 2015 11:11 pm
Howard almost laughs at Jacob's idea; pretending to be zombies is pretty funny, but the horror of Tim's death is still too fresh. "I like it!" Then he reconsiders. "No, wait...if they haven't seen any zombies yet, they won't take us shouting 'Look out - zombies!' seriously. If they have seen zombies, they might have guns. I don't want any of us shot because we're pretending to be zombies..." Howard looks uneasily at the burning car. "...Here's a counter-suggestion: what about we have a couple of us guard the cars and the rest of us go in for supplies while showing our guns, so people know that we're armed and they won't start anything with us? What do you think?"
Last edited October 8, 2015 11:12 pm
Oct 9, 2015 12:02 am
"I wasn't really serious about that anyway!" Jacob says, trying to hide his disappointment. "I can stay with the cars if you guys want to make the quick run."
Oct 9, 2015 12:14 am
I will guard too. Kel says holding the 12 gauge.
Oct 9, 2015 2:05 am
John checks his pistol and holsters it, "I can go into the store. Howard, Andrew? You guys in?"
Oct 9, 2015 2:07 am
Annette, still in a bit of a state of disbelief after hearing you guys talk about what has been going on holds a little tighter to Howard's arm. "Howard, maybe you should stay out here...with me. I... I just don't want to be alone out here if this is really what is happening."
Oct 12, 2015 6:54 am
(OOC: Oh. Crap.)

"Annette, baby...we have to see what we can get for supplies. We're heading out to a cabin to hopefully be safe, but we've got nothing to eat but chips and snacks. This place is right here, now. You can come with me, or I can go quick and be right back...these guys stood up for me when I came to get you; I can't let them go into this place alone. Howard hugs her, kisses her, and then waits a moment to see if she'll respond about wanting to come along. He hates to leave her, even for a moment...but he's worked himself up to convince himself that this is necessary.
Last edited October 12, 2015 6:54 am
Oct 13, 2015 2:29 am
Looking at him for a second Annette grabs his hands a little tighter, but then lets go. "I'll...I'll wait out here Howie. Just, come back safe."

[ GM: She relents to stay back with Kel and Jacob. It sounds like John and Howard so far are going to go inside. Where is Andrew in all of this? Would he like to stay with the cars, or go in? ]
Oct 13, 2015 1:26 pm
"Howie, man. you can stay here and I'll go in..." Kel says, offering the shotgun (he has the pistol in jacket pocket).
Last edited October 13, 2015 1:26 pm
Oct 15, 2015 6:07 pm
Howard looks sheepish, grateful and relieved. He takes the shotgun (pump?) and nods his thanks, then quickly "man-hugs" Kel. He'll watch the crowd grimly. While he's feeling relief from having to choose between Annette and duty, he's not at all happy about the burning car and what it represents.
Oct 15, 2015 8:31 pm
Kel gets out the pistol and looks at John and Andrew. "Ready?"
Oct 16, 2015 12:36 am
"Ready, are you Andrew?", John looks to Andrew.
Oct 16, 2015 1:42 am
"Think long term. Protein bars, beans, canned spinach, jerky, bottled water...all we can carry."
Oct 20, 2015 2:22 am
Andrew seems to not want to leave the safety the vehicle provides as well so he opts to stay with the vehicles as well. John and Kel move towards the P&G. The crowd out front is easy to mask themselves in as it is sort of just one large mass of people running into and out of the store. The full-length glass windows that had once lined the front of the building are all smashed. Getting into the store is quite easy and as you enter you see the large warehouse store is now in disarray. A few large metal shelves on the other end of the store are collapsed over, and there is people running everywhere with handfuls of supplies.

There are the occasional looters as well who only seem to be taking electronics like TV's, Blu-Ray players, and game consoles.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.