OOC Chat

load previous
Oct 22, 2019 11:53 pm
I'm happy trading off my loot from the cavern and taking the loot from the body on deck
Oct 27, 2019 7:32 am
Is my narration making any sense with regards to ship positioning? Is everyone imagining what I'm imagining? I am loathe to attempt a battle map.

• Safford Stampes & goons draw blades. Kestrel is docked. Port is on (of course) port side. Chain boom on the starboard side. Strumpet is stealthing.

• Stampes is dancing around, but Kestrel crew aren't screwing around, least of all Grog and Zale. Strumpet shows up, tries to get alongside Kestrel.

• Stampes gets wrecked. Strumpet crew freaks, turns hard to starboard to make a run for it.

• Harold and other old geezers show up. Strumpet still fleeing. 50ft away to starboard  now. Nela melts the boom chain with lightning. Ian gives the order to pursue. Geezers skedaddle. Kestrel casts off.

• Strumpet widens the distance to 100ft, but Nela stops her with Control Water. Kestrel turns 90° to starboard. Shots fired. Zale, Astrias, and Jineer lead the chase.

• Zale does a Bruce Lee on Strumpet's deck, while Jineer does a James Bond. Kestrel gains on Strumpet, which is still stuck in Nela's trap. Only 45ft gap now. Kestrel's chase gun keeps firing. Strumpet has got no rear gun.

• Unable to make headway, Strumpet turns 90° to starboard, fires broadside at Kestrel. Jineer finds the powder magazine.

• Jineer lights it up! Strumpet is dead in the water. Scurvy dogs abandon ship, but Zubak is standing his ground.
Oct 29, 2019 4:53 am
I've been rereading Control Water more closely. Apparently we've been doing it wrong: You can only have one effect active at one time (action to repeat an effect, or switch to a different one) meaning Nela could not have summoned capsizing waves using Flood while maintaining Redirect Flow. It's okay, it was fricking badass. But for future reference.
Oct 29, 2019 4:59 am
Yeah. Kinda late in the game for that now. Yep. Future reference. But is kinda hard for a ship to get headway when it is flooded anyway, but then that is really just one big WAVE.

To bad I can't cast it twice and two different effect a round.. ;)
Last edited October 29, 2019 5:02 am
Nov 4, 2019 4:22 pm
Hello all, sorry for the short notice on this. However, due to some real world stress and busy-ness, I need to take a step back for a few weeks to focus on that. I miss and have much love for all of you, so I will be back. ;)

Absence Post Here: https://gamersplane.com/forums/thread/1260/?p=648966#p648966
Nov 7, 2019 1:55 pm
Thanks for the heads up, @drama! Take however much time you need. That said, I look forward to your return!
Nov 12, 2019 5:31 pm
We can hand-wave any shopping sprees, or we can roleplay it. Whichever you prefer.

Decide how you want to split the loot (gems, folding boat, fancy chest, pistol-axes) between everyone who participated in the fight.

Does anyone want to go see Bob about those sea charts?
Nov 12, 2019 5:49 pm
Nela done with shipping. She does like to add the fancy chest to her collection of chests. It is nicer than the ones she has.
Nov 12, 2019 11:31 pm
Phillipp don't truly deserve any of that so he'll soft pass on it

lemme know what i can and cannot buy here at the market place, Daddys got a lot of silver and needs to get some shirts!!! XD
Nov 15, 2019 12:52 pm
Sorry for the silence everyone. Research paper, foggy mind set, and room renovation have had me pretty tied up.

If no one minds, Grog would like the axe-pistols. Though if someone already claimed them, that's fine. I still need to catch up to everything.
Nov 15, 2019 3:02 pm
Jineer wants the Boat!
Nov 16, 2019 10:54 pm
Just don't go on any 3-hour tours anytime soon. There's a Titanic II being made and going on the same route, and we don't need a Minnow II making the same mistake.
Nov 18, 2019 5:30 pm
Make it so #1 This must happen now!
Nov 20, 2019 9:58 am
There are four lights! Either someone cast dancing lights or we have will o' wisps on board!
Nov 20, 2019 4:48 pm
/rip
Nov 22, 2019 6:28 pm
Created a Loot thread. Guys, a lot of this crap are attunement items. Remember that a creature can be attuned to no more than three magic items at a time. Any attempt to attune to a fourth item fails; the creature must end its attunement to an item first.

Also, I remind you to watch your encumbrance.
Quote:
Encumbrance: I normally wouldn't bother with encumbrance. But because this is a sea-faring adventure, I want the ocean to matter. The moment you get in the water, how heavy a load you are carrying matters. You know I'm pretty loosey-goosey with the rules, but we will do this particular aspect by the book (PHB, page 176). So on your sheets, please make separate lists for normal loadout, and swimming loadout (and I will trust you will ensure your swimming loadout keeps you well within the unencumbered range).

We will only apply encumbrance penalties while in the water. You needn't worry about it on land.
Nov 22, 2019 7:35 pm
GeneCortess says:
Nela interested in Safford Stampes' silver-inlaid chest possessions except the velvet pouch containing 500gp worth of gems that is more party treasure.
So you mean the silk handkerchief and the notebook of limericks?
Nov 23, 2019 3:29 pm
Yes. She simply just removed the velvet pouch for the party and was going to take the rest.
Nov 26, 2019 4:09 pm
Posted on the Absences thread:
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
Will be busy over the next few days. Not sure if I can post at all before the weekend.
Nov 26, 2019 4:24 pm
okey dokey
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.