OOC Chat

Jan 13, 2019 7:06 am
AHOY!

Discussions about the game, off-topic banter, photos of your pet parrot or peg leg, anything and everything.
Jan 13, 2019 1:18 pm
No parrots, but I’m glad this guy is helping us out.

https://i.imgur.com/sAPIM0L.jpg
Jan 13, 2019 3:44 pm
Haha yes! If we survive do we get to keep him?
Jan 13, 2019 7:17 pm
but i like my parrot friend
Jan 13, 2019 7:37 pm
But not your monkeys. Didn’t they take your clothes? How naked are you?
Jan 13, 2019 10:44 pm
A good ship needs a good ships cat. I say we keep it
Jan 14, 2019 12:38 pm
The_Librarian says:
A good ship needs a good ships cat. I say we keep it
Red meat is a rare commodity at sea... it move prove to be problematic.

But for now, I will feed it all the lizard it wants.
Jan 24, 2019 4:10 pm
Everything still good?
Jan 24, 2019 6:14 pm
RRRRRAAaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwWWWRRRRRRR! says the lepard/lion/panther/bob cat creature :D
Jan 24, 2019 11:47 pm
*Stamps aggressively at the creature, making various grunting sounds*
Jan 25, 2019 12:06 am
Creature lunges!
Jan 25, 2019 2:03 am
Guys, this thing is still totally going to happen! Finding some mindspace is just taking longer than expected.
Jan 25, 2019 7:47 am
I hear ya on that...
Jan 25, 2019 7:25 pm
Mindspace if fun. Jack is just twirling his hand axes in anticipation of the hunt.....for.....something....who knows.
Jan 25, 2019 10:17 pm
Ian is wishing the forest was quieter.
Jan 25, 2019 11:42 pm
The forest will never be quiter until i get my g***am clothes back...!
Jan 26, 2019 2:17 am
Thinking about it, Grog has yet to meet up with everyone else. That's gonna be a fun experience.
Jan 26, 2019 3:41 am
Zale passes around a flask of his extra-strong brew. For the saber-tooth, he sets down a bowl of milk. Should we name our new pet?
Jan 26, 2019 2:45 pm
We should name it, Meowth.

That’s right.
Jan 26, 2019 5:16 pm
Alright, ye scurvy dogs, take a gander at the Session Zero thread. Tomorrow we will get some wind back in our sails!
Jan 29, 2019 4:52 am
No comments on, questions about, or objections to the Session Zero stuff so far? Ok, we'll proceed then! :-)
Jan 29, 2019 5:50 am
yarrrr!
Jan 29, 2019 8:03 am
Not sure if I've said it, but I've retconed so that Grog is on the island with everybody. Story thread is live! Have at it!
Feb 1, 2019 2:31 am
Made some crucial edits to my last post. Please re-read.
Feb 4, 2019 7:09 pm
Everyone, welcome District to the crew!
Feb 4, 2019 7:13 pm
Welcome, don't mind the ramblings of the mad people around this island :D
Feb 4, 2019 7:15 pm
Speaking of ramblings, join us on the Discord Server (#the_savage_sea)
Feb 4, 2019 9:18 pm
Hi everyone, and thanks for having me. I hope adding a 7th player to your game won't throw things off too much.

I should have time tonight to roll up a character and get caught up on the threads. It's my first game on GP, so I'll do my best to get up to speed on the site's functionality.
Feb 4, 2019 9:25 pm
Welcome welcome.
Feb 4, 2019 9:27 pm
***I just read the character creation thread. If anyone has a spare minute, is there a way to get any background? I see you guys are all level 8. Also, from context, it sounds like you've had a decent bit of adventuring already on a Discord server?

Will I be way behind on this if I'm just coming in now?

Thanks in advance, & sorry to be a bother.
Feb 4, 2019 9:44 pm
it was just a fling on the discord then Jabes had us make rolls for stuff peoples stats were all over the place and on here is a bit more structrured then have 3-4 different subs on discord.

short version we've done very little as a party and the story premis is ... we're having fun now on a island now running from said exploding island. lvl 8 was a good medium and theres little restrictions so far.

You could be a turist like me or part of some crew thats part of the Krestrel.

Theres no behind in this game yet. it just kicked back off last week and we played for maybe a week or 2 on discord.

Is there a paticular background your looking for or thinking of?
Feb 4, 2019 10:44 pm
Hi again,

I sincerely appreciate the invite. Very, very thoughtful of Jabes to see my LFG post and think to invite me. But, this isn't quite what I'm looking for, so I'm going to bow out. I hope my few posts didn't cause any disruption. I wish all of you high rolls and high adventure.

Gratefully,
District
Feb 4, 2019 11:02 pm
Sorry guys, i think i scared him off?
Feb 5, 2019 2:32 am
Wtg cave... just kidding.
Feb 5, 2019 6:39 am
Now I will have to penalize Phillip. Haha just kidding! No harm, no foul. I just wanted to help the guy find a game he will enjoy. If we're not it, then no worries! As long as YOU guys are having fun then I'm happy.
Feb 5, 2019 7:24 am
I have not been looking for more players but another has expressed interest and I have accepted them. So please welcome GeneCortess!
Feb 5, 2019 2:02 pm
Welcome!
Feb 5, 2019 4:05 pm
Welcome!
Feb 5, 2019 5:24 pm
Welcome again! :D

Go ahead penilize phillp, i was tinking about giving myself dis on the str for the tree log because sadness but i just wanna get back to the boat so i can sulk there.
Feb 5, 2019 9:12 pm
Guys, I will be extremely busy the next 36 or so hours, so I might miss a day of posting. See you on the other side!
Feb 5, 2019 9:15 pm
No worries. Try not tp stress.
Feb 7, 2019 10:39 pm
Hey guys heads up, I wont be posting next week Tue-Thurs. 2/12-14
Feb 7, 2019 10:53 pm
Ha.. No bounty hunting for you!.. Mwaa ha ha..
Feb 8, 2019 11:37 pm
woudlnt you just pocket dimension your familiar?
Feb 8, 2019 11:55 pm
She likes having it around.
Feb 9, 2019 12:15 am
hey Gene, just a helpful hint could you bold your speach with either the [.b][/b.] tags or by the Bold button. I just want to make sure incase someone thinks your saying your thoughts or vers visa.
Feb 9, 2019 12:32 am
I usually do even better and have them in BLUE. Yeah so can tell the difference.
Feb 9, 2019 5:37 am
Also, gentle reminder to always differentiate ooc text from in-character text. Use the OOC tag, or use blue, italicized text.
Feb 9, 2019 6:11 am
OOC: Smiles I try to..l
Feb 9, 2019 3:34 pm
Personal Wealth and Group Funds:
On Discord I wondered: Maybe I should have given you guys Level 8 starting gold, which according to DMg page 38 is normal starting equipment plus 500gp plus 1d10×25gp.

What I said instead in the beginning was "just go ahead and take as much mundane gear as you want" with the unspoken qualifier of "within reason." I figured at 8th level you would have acquired as much adventuring gear as you would reasonably need, whatever tools you are proficient with, and maybe even a small personal arsenal of non-magical weaponry. But this doesn't mean you guys have a stockpile of crap. So far I don't see any glaring problems, but I just want to get ahead of this. Don't worry, there will be plenty of loot to be gained.

Encumbrance: I normally wouldn't bother with encumbrance. But because this is a sea-faring adventure, I want the ocean to matter. The moment you get in the water, how heavy a load you are carrying matters. You know I'm pretty loosey-goosey with the rules, but we will do this particular aspect by the book (PHB, page 176). So on your sheets, please make separate lists for normal loadout, and swimming loadout (and I will trust you will ensure your swimming loadout keeps you well within the unencumbered range).

Firearms and other weaponry: Yea or nay? Look here, then let's vote on it. Would also mean cannon on ships. Keep in mind that if you have these, the baddies will have them too.
Feb 9, 2019 3:40 pm
I’ve read that tribality article befor and I’m 100% good with any/all of that.
Feb 9, 2019 3:59 pm
Clarification: The last item above (Firearms, etc) is up for a vote.

The first two (Wealth, and Encumbrance) are not. My ruling: Roll for wealth in the Character Creation thread, and redo your gear lists buy all the mundane gear you want. The Sending Stone and the Bag of Holding are Valrakas' property, and so do not count against your personal funds. I reverse my ruling on Potions of Healing: you can buy them with your funds. Nela gets 1 free potion of healing, as well as 1 free antitoxin.
Session Zero/Houserules has been updated.
Feb 9, 2019 4:08 pm
I'm good with the pirate weapons.
Feb 9, 2019 5:51 pm
pirate weapons are good
Feb 9, 2019 7:03 pm
Firearms and other weaponry site locks up my computer as not safe site to visit. I'm okay with any choice made on that point.
Feb 10, 2019 7:30 am
I vote yes to the pirate weapons. I have rolled 525gp as my starting wealth. Will redo my equipment list tonight.
Feb 10, 2019 10:29 am
GeneCortess says:
Firearms and other weaponry site locks up my computer as not safe site to visit.
The yeas have it, so here you go. Note that these are considerably more conservative damage-wise as compared to the DMG version. The intent being we are going for flavor rather than power. Your gun will not be more powerful (nor harder to use) than his crossbow. More expensive though. Don't worry, there will be plenty of dubloons GP.

Still to come: cannons, as well as the stats for blowing up a keg of gunpowder. In keeping with the spirit of the above, I feel the DnD Beyond version is overkill.
Feb 10, 2019 4:50 pm
Once everyone has rolled wealth and redone their equipment lists, I'll begin a new thread for Chapter 2.
Feb 10, 2019 5:04 pm
About the swimming loadout, I am guessing this is because when you carry too much gear, you start making swim checks with disadvantage? What about Zale, who has a swim speed and so does not need to make swim checks? Not that I intend to buy a lot of stuff...Zale doesn't need much...so question is really just hypothetical.
Feb 10, 2019 10:09 pm
Whether you encounter difficulties or not, some equipment (firearms, for instance) wouldn't like being submerged in seawater.

You'd be surprised how little it takes to encumber a character. With a Strength score of 10, Zale is encumbered carrying 50lbs. An explorer's pack weighs 59lbs. Think about that.

We will only apply encumbrance penalties while in the water. You needn't worry about it on land.

I have updated the house rule to stipulate this.
Feb 10, 2019 10:37 pm
Ah.. I just posted about which encumbrance system you are using and I can see it is the Variant Encumbrance system. With the new potion rules.. Nela did purchase 100gp of herbs for making 4 potions of healing with time of her starting cash. She couldn't hope to carry all her possessions.. she has 4 chest that weight 25# each. But being on she ship she has unencumbered load.
Feb 11, 2019 12:52 pm
jabes.plays.rpg says:
If we had someone fill in the ship's cook position, they could produce meals that could potentially grant buffs. Alternatively, @campeador if you want, we could also work on special brews that could grant temporary buffs to the crew.
That would be great! Yes!
Last edited February 11, 2019 1:32 pm
Feb 11, 2019 1:53 pm
I hope that I have done my equipment correctly. Items without prices came by way of background/class starting packs, I purchased the rest. I am assuming we have foot lockers or similar on board the Kestrel?

SWIM LOADOUT: 10.5lb
-50 feet of silk rope 5lb
-a set of common clothes 3lb
-a lucky charm 
-belt pouch 1lb
-flask 2cp; 1lb
-Potion of Healing 50gp; 0.5lb

NORMAL LOADOUT: 76lb
-all of above, plus:
-explorer's pack 59lb
-10 darts 2.5lb
-jug 2cp; 4lb
-signal whistle 5cp
-flintlock pistol 125gp; 4lb
-lead balls (40) 5 gp; 1lb
-gunpowder (40) 10 gp; 2lb

-money: 10gp, 9sp, 1cp

STAYS ON THE KESTREL:
-shortsword 2lb
-brewer's supplies 20gp
-belaying pin (club) 2lb
-money: 454gp
Last edited February 12, 2019 1:57 pm
Feb 11, 2019 5:15 pm
I haven't spent my extra funds yet....i left my books at work.
Feb 11, 2019 6:25 pm
5etools.com one of the best open websites still up(and stays that way hoepfully) if you have the ability to edit at work.
Feb 11, 2019 7:12 pm
@campeador: Yes, that is perfect. You can absolutely stow gear/money on the ship.
Feb 11, 2019 7:20 pm
In case you missed it on Discord: Yes, you can buy silvered weapons and ammo with those funds.

PHB 148 on silvered weapons: You can silver a single weapon or ten pieces of ammunition for 100gp.
Feb 11, 2019 8:16 pm
The_Librarian says:
OOC:
(do they have a compass?
Quoting from Discord:
Quote:
jabes.plays.rpg Nov 11, 2018
It has been two days since the storm, and the crew has repaired the ship as best as they can.  But Valrakas has been unable to determine your location, as all the compasses on board have been behaving erratically,  and the nights have been overcast, obscuring the stars. This has put the minotaur captain in a foul mood.
Feb 11, 2019 9:03 pm
OOC:
Ah sorry, forgot about that...thanks!
Feb 11, 2019 10:40 pm
Lets see,
"Swim" gear
Lbs| Gear
7 )Greatax
10 )Great club
2 )1 - Javelin
1 )Thieves tools
.5 )Steel mirror (in with thieves tools)
6 )1 set of manicals
1 )1 lock
1 )1 flask of Oil
0 )1 Deck of cards (almost always in his pocket)
10 )10' chain
3 )1 set of common clothes (wearing)
1 )1 flask
Weight: 42.5/80 lbs.

All muh gear
(Starting) Greataxe (7 lbs
(Starting) Great Club (10 lbs
(Starting) Javelin x 4 (2 lbs/per
(Starting) Explorer's Pack (59 lbs
(Background) Set of clothes appropriate to your duties. (2 lbs
Travelers Clothes (2 lbs
Bullseye Lantern (2 lbs
Thieves Tools (1 lbs
Steel Mirror (.5 lbs
Manicals x 3 (6 lbs/ea
Lock x 3 (1 lbs/ea
Flask of Oil x 5 (1 lbs/ea
Playing cards x 2
Blanket (1 lbs
Chain 10' (10 lbs
Common Clothes x 2 (3 lbs/ea
Flask (1 lbs
Insect Repellant (Salve) x 2 (1 lbs/ea
weight 133.5 lbs

Gold remaining 706.99g

Phillips on vacation :D oddly enough i have quite a few bounty hunter things :D i wanted to buy a cage but have no need to currently :D

If only i could find a way to talk you into letting me have some NVG's then i'd be set!
Last edited February 11, 2019 10:42 pm
Feb 12, 2019 12:58 am
Kitty... :)...but I will not the one to tell it that. I'm taking speak with animals spell regularly,
Feb 14, 2019 3:37 am
I'll finally be finishing up my equipment tomorrow probably. For right now, Jack is sleeping off the dino fight in his hammock.
Feb 14, 2019 4:30 am
No rush, @dramasailor.
Feb 14, 2019 3:36 pm
It makes perfect narrative sense, especially in the context of the chain of command on a ship, that Nela has been asking Valrakas' permission to enact her ideas. That's exactly how it's supposed to work (what the hell was Zale thinking?! Is he drunk? Oh right, he's always drunk). BUT it doesn't work in PbP where the DM runs the captain because then I'm excessively influencing your actions. I've considered several ways around it but it's tricky. Unfortunately, Valrakas isn't a lazy captain who will lay all the responsibility of command on Ian. And he's not going to just everybody do their own thing either. You can be sure Zale is looking at some kind of tongue-lashing (at the very least) for that stunt.

I'm toying now with the idea of letting you guys take turns running Valrakas. Any other ideas? You might have seen I've also posed this question on Discord.
Feb 20, 2019 6:29 am
Drunken Technique
At 3rd level, whenever you use Flurry of Blows, you gain the benefit of the Disengage action, and your walking speed increases by 10 feet until the end of the current turn.

Does the speed increase also apply to my swimming speed?
Feb 20, 2019 1:57 pm
Because your swim speed is innate I will say yes. If it had come from a spell or magic item I'd be inclined to say no.
Feb 21, 2019 9:02 am
GeneCortess says:
Are any of the weresharks not adjacent to anyone. Same for the mermen? Most my spells are AOF that I like.
They are clustered around the hostages. From what the woman said, the sharkmen are probably taking them under.

Like I said, if you have a spell in mind, tell me, and we'll see if we can make it work.
Feb 21, 2019 10:04 am
Was thinking to cast up Call Lightning. Start dropping 3d10 bolts around. Each bolt does 10'x10' square area.
Feb 21, 2019 12:24 pm
My reply posted before I could finish. Let's try that again.

The mermen are large creatures, while the sharkmen are medium creatures. I should have described them in more detail. Okay, I've edited my post a bit.

If you target a point just outside the circle of baddies, you could potentially hit two of the mermen without endangering the hostages. The two weresharks are closer to the hostages so that's a bit more tricky. You can't get both sharkmen, but you can get one sharkman and a merman. Does that make sense?

To complicate matters, I believe Zale is right there underneath it all, and you can't see him, and he has no idea you're bringing a lightning storm down on top of him. So if you cast, I will randomly determine via die roll whether he also needs to roll saving throws vs. your spell.

TL;DR: You can do it without endangering the hostages, but with some risk to Zale.
[ +- ] Call Lightning
Feb 21, 2019 3:00 pm
their pirates, why would they care about hostages?
Feb 21, 2019 3:59 pm
*shrug* Food, maybe? Human sacrifice? Are they even pirates?

Oh wait, did you mean PC's?
Feb 21, 2019 7:07 pm
hahah yea, you guys are all pirates of sorts. what are your pirate principles ?
Feb 21, 2019 7:14 pm
Hey... I'm a road bandit not a pirate.. "Red Cloth Bandit" … Pirating would be new to me.
Feb 21, 2019 7:38 pm
Its the same thing only difference is land and water! XD
Feb 22, 2019 10:40 am
I think the consensus was smugglers / fortune seekers. Millennium Falcon + Firefly + Guardians of the Galaxy: "Something good, something bad, a bit of both."

Although someone used the word "privateer." Does the Kestrel carry letters of marque?
Last edited February 22, 2019 10:41 am
Feb 22, 2019 6:24 pm
im sure theres a skull and crossbones somehwere XD
Feb 22, 2019 8:09 pm
Heading into another 48hr round-the-clock weekend work shift at the cake works. I hope everyone will have posted their Round 1 actions by then! ;-)
Feb 26, 2019 11:46 am
Guys, I'm sorry I've been unable to move us forward. It's been several things:
1. Busy at work, but not so much that I haven't had time for GP.
2. No replacement yet for my broken laptop. PbP via phone sucks, specially when one is DMing rather than playing.
3. Did not anticipate Grog trying to fire a cannon at people.
Been thinking hard about mechanics surrounding that.

It's been #2 more than the other two, but all are factors. Will try my absolute best to post tonight.
Feb 26, 2019 5:01 pm
you put it there. ( the cannon) i thought there were stats for that?
Feb 26, 2019 5:11 pm
I made stats for the "long-nines", but those stats are meant for firing on ships, not creatures.
Quote:
Weapon: 9-Pound Cannon (6)
AC 18
Hit Points 45 (damage threshold 15)
Ranged Weapon Attack: +6 to hit, range 500/2000 ft., one target. Hit: 22 (4d10) bludgeoning damage.
Now, I don't want to say to @LegionChimera7, "Nope, Grog can't do that." without giving it a proper effort to make it work. Here are the problems with what he is attempting:
1. The targets are way too close, and way too low below the cannon's position.
2. Let's say, for the sake of argument, that he deadlifts the thing's butt end, to make the muzzle point down, that'd be soomething like 1,200lbs! and if he succeeded, the cannonball would just roll out of the muzzle before you could fire the weapon, and drop harmlessly into the ocean.
3. He's lifting the thing, and someone helps him fire it (totally unrealistic that it only takes two guys, but this is heroic fantasy) then the fucking recoil would launch him so far abaft, he'd fall off the ship's stern.
Feb 26, 2019 5:20 pm
hahaha, i would agree that he couldn't aim down like that but i mean if that hits a creature it should obliterate it!

the cannons are probably secured enough to account for the recoil but a shock maybe make him move slower for a bit like hitting a baseball to close to the handles sends that shock up your arms.

But i can see if the targets were some 3-500' out the cannon might have a chance to hit with dis? at a -20(deg) down angle to it. that shoudl ensure the ball to not roll out but it wont get close and probably fire over the heads. 500' is a short distance for boats i think.
Feb 26, 2019 5:24 pm
maybe because hes acting alone on the cannons it takes him 3-4 rounds to fire then the 1 it would take with 2 people. and another 2 rounds ish to reload.?
Feb 26, 2019 5:42 pm
I don't want to add too much complexity to it. Willing to sacrifice realism for the sake of fun.
* Two guys with martial weapon proficiency can operate a cannon.
* 1d30 + 6 + Proficiency bonus to hit a target, whether object or creature.
* Cannon has the Loading property.
* Against targets on the water's surface, a shot is impossible if nearer than 75ft, and have disadvantage if nearer than 150ft.
Feb 26, 2019 5:44 pm
oh wow that close! maybe my thoughts of boats are to tall im thinking like a 3-4 story boat type thing :?
Feb 26, 2019 5:48 pm
We're not on a galleon. The Kestrel is small (single mast) and fast. The deck isn't be more than 20ft above the waterline.
Feb 26, 2019 5:52 pm
hummm.. yep i deffinatly was not thinking that small :D
Feb 26, 2019 5:58 pm
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
We're not on a galleon. The Kestrel is small (single mast) and fast. The deck isn't be more than 20ft above the waterline.
Maybe that was too much. I don't really know about boats. I saw the Galeón Andalucía in person once. When I climbed aboard I remember being surprised at how small it was.
Feb 26, 2019 6:15 pm
so small but look at all those ropes!
Feb 26, 2019 7:08 pm
GeneCortess says:
OOC: Can Nela call lightning on the caster one and get anything else safely?
Quote:
A bolt of lightning flashes down from the cloud to that point. Each creature within 5 feet of that point must make a Dexterity saving throw.
If you were to designate a point 5ft behind the caster, then the wereshark and hostages would be safely 10ft away from the lightning. Like before, I would randomly determine whether Zale is safe or not.
Feb 27, 2019 6:36 am
campeador says:
1 miss, 3 hits. 26 damage. I took the liberty of rolling the were shark's save against Stunning Strike (failed)
Yes, I would prefer you roll the saves yourself to save time. In most cases you won't know the correct modifier but it still helps me if you just roll a straight d20 and include the save DC in the roll reason.

Fortunately, you saw me save in the previous round ao this was correct, and Snaggle-tooth is now stunned!
campeador says:
Can I use my 45ft movement to swim away, taking the survivors with me? Safely enough so the don't drown?
Snaggle-tooth is stunned, so can't stop you from taking the survivors, and I know your Drunken Technique prevents OA's from the spellcaster, but it's still an action to free the survivors from the net.
Feb 27, 2019 6:50 am
I was thinking I'd take them net and all.
Feb 27, 2019 6:55 am
In that case, yes you can, but half movement.

Your first unarmed strike takes Snaggle-tooth out, so I will apply the other two hits on the spellcaster. Do you want to spend another ki or two to attempt another Stunning Strike?
Feb 27, 2019 8:22 am
1 additional stun attempt only. May need ki later.

Added the CON save. Don't know the spellcaster's save bonus.
Last edited February 27, 2019 8:32 am
Feb 27, 2019 5:36 pm
Gene (Doc Nela) says:
By the way , could Nela use control water to flash flood the top of the deck to put out fires? Just a later thought.
Yes. You have two available source of water right: the sea, and buckets of water used by the gunners to swab the cannons after each shot.
Feb 27, 2019 7:20 pm
Just a heads up, I'm going to be extremely busy again this weekend.
Feb 27, 2019 7:21 pm
No worries boss. Don't over do it and we will be here waiting for you when you get back.
Feb 27, 2019 7:23 pm
Well, it's not the weekend yet. As soon as LegionChimera posts Grog's action, I can post enemy actions.
Mar 4, 2019 4:17 am
GeneCortess says:
I understand the theory on that you can't maintain two concentration spells, but I'm not maintaining the control water. I will let it go just like go just like any other spell casted. I don't take the option to maintain it, but if that isn't good enough then I will have to recast the Call Lightning later and I guess that I have Control Water to play with.
I understand what you're trying to do, just slinging the spell without a thought while holding the other. But that's not the way it works. Those spells marked Concentration require your focus for, at the very least, the 6 second duration of a combat turn. You cast any one of these spells, you shift your focus to that and drop Concentration on any spell you were holding before.

So if you cast Control Water, you WILL lose Concentration on Call Lightning, and will have to recast it later.

Are you casting Control Water then? I ask again because if you do, everyone must make a STR save or get swept into the sea. The spell says "20 ft wave" but because I think it is a great solution to the fires on the ship, I am taking liberties letting you make it 3 ft instead. Still, 3 feet of water is knee-deep to thigh deep for her humans and elves, depending on their height. It is waist deep for Grog, and neck deep for Kitty.
Mar 4, 2019 5:44 am
OOC:
Thanx Nela is going to drop Call Lightning and go with Control Water to wash the deck of fires.
Mar 4, 2019 7:07 am
Right on!

Okay, I have posted the result (went through multiple edits, so if you've read it, make sure you reread it one more time after this).
Mar 16, 2019 10:34 pm
I've been completely forgetting about the weresharks' Blood Frenzy feature! They should have advantage on attacks against wounded targets!

And have you noticed no one's been bitten yet except for Valrakas? Get ready to see some CON saves vs. lycanthropy next round :-D
Mar 16, 2019 11:09 pm
NEVER going to land..! They can air mail me my belongings...
Mar 22, 2019 6:22 pm
Quote:
Can Nela by using control water attempt to make the water hold the ship in position and on the side use it to aid Kitty to get aboard?
Choose one effect:

You can use FLOOD to create a wave again. If Zale helps Kitty like he did the woman and child, they can both make it aboard. But like last time, the wave could potentially wash creatures off the main deck (currently, those are Ian, Khiiral, Bait, Jetsam, and nameless crew members).

Alternatively, you can REDIRECT FLOW to attempt to slow the ship, not stop it outright.
Mar 22, 2019 6:43 pm
Wouldn't redirecting the flow send those that in the water near a flying unless they manage to hold on the ship?
Mar 22, 2019 7:45 pm
I'm sorry, could you clarify?
Mar 22, 2019 9:19 pm
I would like to know if Nela is doing the wave or not before I post my action.
Mar 22, 2019 10:15 pm
Okay boat is going one way. And I force the water to move against. Yes it is slowing the boat, but what is it going to do to any near the boat as the boat will slow but I doubt those next to the boat will be slowed. Aren't they going to pulled must rather fast toward the direction of the new fast current?
Last edited March 22, 2019 10:16 pm
Mar 22, 2019 10:26 pm
I'm going to rule those with a swim speed (merrows, weresharks, dragon turtle, Zale, Valrakas) might be slowed somewhat if they swim against it, but not swept away. Kitty, however, will need to make swim checks (athletics).

Keep in mind that the spell description doesn't specify any of this, and may not even be intended to achieve the result you are hoping for here. But I am ruling that you CAN do it (because I like creative solutions like these) but consequently, in the interest of verisimilitude, there can be unwanted side effects.
Mar 22, 2019 10:40 pm
By looks will the ship slowed still be in my area of effect or will it still travel out of it slowed?
Mar 22, 2019 11:17 pm
If slowed, it will still be in there for 2 rounds. If not slowed, this will be the last round it will be in your area of effect.
Mar 22, 2019 11:54 pm
Pegasus divebomb from 70ft up! Does Shine stay there after attacking Blackfin, or do you use the remaining 20ft of movement? Would provoke opportunity attack of course.

And where is Domare during this?
Mar 23, 2019 12:05 am
Since it is a charge. Shine can't use the remaining movement. Send Domare to do high altitude (70') viewing of the ship and such.
Mar 28, 2019 4:54 pm
Guys, remember our house rule on encumbrance?
Quote:
Encumbrance: I normally wouldn't bother with encumbrance. But because this is a sea-faring adventure, I want the ocean to matter. The moment you get in the water, how heavy a load you are carrying matters. You know I'm pretty loosey-goosey with the rules, but we will do this particular aspect by the book (PHB, page 176). So on your sheets, please make separate lists for normal loadout, and swimming loadout (and I will trust you will ensure your swimming loadout keeps you well within the unencumbered range).

We will only apply encumbrance penalties while in the water. You needn't worry about it on land.
Now that more people are getting in the water, I need you to do this please. You can RP dropping your extraneous gear before jumping in, or we can say you were already outfitted for swimming before this encounter started. If you want to keep all your gear, swim checks will be at disadvantage.
The_Librarian says:
OOC:
I know it's not my turn, but is the chain on the turtle breakable?
The chains are breakable, but it will be difficult. Imagine those big-ass chains like you'd see on modern battleships.
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/ae/US_Navy_080625-N-4790M-190_Deck_Department_Sailors_assigned_to_the_amphibious_command_ship_USS_Blue_Ridge_%28LCC_19%29_fake_out_three_shots_of_the_starboard_side_anchor_chain.jpg
LegionChimera7 says:
...takes ahold of a javelin as he runs and jumps off the side of the ship ...And if he can, he'd like to cannonball and try to spear an enemy from above as he crashes down beneath the waves.
Grog: You're jumping off the stern, not the side. :-) Go ahead and add attack rolls to your post. Your first attack comes from above water, and will have disadvantage. The second (and third if you Frenzy) will not be similarly hampered.
Nela: I sill need your decision on movement for your last turn. See here.
Handy link to Underwater Combat rules.
Apr 2, 2019 5:00 pm
Everybody welcome our new player, Silent! Ahoy!
Apr 2, 2019 10:00 pm
ARRRRRRRGG
Apr 5, 2019 5:06 am
In my experience, coming to a group decision takes forever in PbP, and has the potential to really kill game momentum. So I'll do my best to help this process along.

To review, the choices are:
1. Magda's Village. (silversmiths!)
2. Floating Market. (maps! information!)
3. Dragon Turtle Mom. (possibly gain a powerful ally!)
4. None of the above.

And the votes so far:
Grog: 1
Ian: 3
Zale: 3
Nela: 3
Jack: 3
Phillip: 4
Khiiral: ?

Feel free to vote in character or OOC.
Apr 5, 2019 12:13 pm
GeneCortess says:
Updated.
Apr 5, 2019 12:51 pm
Dramasailor says:
Updated.
Apr 5, 2019 5:57 pm
Home? XD
Phillip has to go and mourn somemore
Apr 5, 2019 6:00 pm
Okay, for Phillip, I've added a 4th choice: None of the above.

If you only knew where the heck you were so you could sail home!
Apr 5, 2019 7:06 pm
:D if only XDD Stupid travel guide...
Apr 19, 2019 9:15 am
Participation in this game has dropped sharply. I'm only seeing several people posting, and not all of them even seem particularly engaged. This is not a complaint nor reprimand. I want to know how I can make this better / more fun / more interesting.

Some example responses:
1. I want more combat! None of this social interaction crap!
2. I know this is a nautical game, but no more underwater combat! It's lame!
3. I want treasure! Where be them dubloons?!
4. I want treasure! Where be them sweet magic items?!
5. I want to be captain!

Something else? Anything else! Seriously, I'm all ears. Tell me how I can do better! :-)
Apr 19, 2019 11:43 am
wasn't a fan of underwater combat,
I prefer social in pbp as combat can lag.
Are there be treasures? Did Cap'n lie t us?
Apr 19, 2019 1:05 pm
Obviously I enjoyed underwater combat. But that's because Zale is built for it.

I enjoy social interaction just as much as combat.

I think a good treasure hunt would be fun!

Are we still lost?
Apr 19, 2019 3:54 pm
I've enjoyed it so far. My participation has dropped some mainly from real life being a bastard and partially because Jack is still a bit awestruck (not the right word here, but he is baffled by the size of the turtle) and really is happy being a heads down crewman for the most part. He is obviously willing to step up when the situation warrants, but he's not the "let's jump into the deep where there be sharks" type of sailor. I loved reading the underwater combat parts though! They were fascinating and pretty well executed. I'm mainly enjoying having a game where I get to be somewhat of a pedestrian getting to react to a world of wonderous things.
Apr 19, 2019 5:16 pm
im all in, i'm not so much paying attention cause 994949 posts to read personally but then phillip is on vaca so he's kindof obvilious. But i'm likeing it. I do feel that this has slown though :/

I dont think were so much so lost anymore cause of dragoturtle gave some instructions and helpfull npc says oh... thats that way!..

I'm a healthy mix of whatever the dm wants. Phillip is along for the ride ;) however let it be known... phillip when we get to a town will go a shopping for mundane supplies until he gets to his dest. per the travel agent. (up to dm im game for whatever.) but Phillip is kinda depressed cause of monkey actions that ripped up some emotionally connected personal affects
Apr 19, 2019 6:00 pm
Been fun. Want more of it.
Apr 20, 2019 12:33 am
Thank you all for the feedback! I really appreciate it! Keep 'em coming! :-)
Apr 22, 2019 1:59 am
Moving this here from the in-character thread. Anyone can use the rod. No weapon proficiency needed. It doesn't matter anyway, because it has its own attack bonus.
GeneCortess says:
OOC:
Question. I'm not sure how 5e treats Rods and such. Back in days of 3.5/pathfinder it was more caster item. Is this true in 5e? or can really anyone use a rod? Purple Tentacle Whip is the item in question.
OOC:
Original design of the PC as more for combat, but in play she isn't really a combatant. Combat is kinda a secondary thang for her and she survives doing it is all.
OOC:
Being this Purple Tentacle Whip is really an exotic weapon as opposed to a caster type rod and 5e would place it as a Martial Weapon. Since there is no exotic weapons in 5e. I'm guessing it would take Martial Weapon Proficiency to use it and gain your proficiency bonus? And Nela being a druid has a very exacting list of weapons, so she would not gain her proficiency bonus with it either.

It would be better suited in someone that has full martial weapon proficiency and wanted to use it for melee combat.

Nela is more than glad to give it up to such a person. She had done her time studying enough to understand it is an exotic weapon of sorts. Something she isn't very interested in keeping or using.
OOC:
Oh on a side note. Nela casted goodberry and had her daily nutrition meal and why she is rather lean. She has nine more goodberry left. And YES, Nela is nearly tapped out of spell power and really needs a long rest.

LOL. And saves crew members from suffering how she does eat food which is very much like a wild animal. Rule one. Never try to take food away from her as she does bite. Would be safer to take food away from Kitty. At least she might think a moment before removing your hand and arm. Too bad Nela doesn't have a bite attack, so that mean you will have to suffer a lot as she isn't fast about taking your hand and arm off.
OOC:
OH. And Happy Easter. Nela does own a box of chocolate. She does not SHARE. Just in case your where thinking to indulge. She rarely has eatten them.

She is more likely to be caught drinking from her metal flask of rum. And if anyone has ever been noticing, she seems to never run out of it and funny cause the ship's supply probably has been out for a quite a while.
OOC:
Just felt like typing … :) … and smile Yes that is what I'm thinking.
Apr 23, 2019 6:44 pm
Sorry for lack of updates! Tied up at work. I expect the smoke to clear tomorrow, so will post Magda's responses, what Nela sees, etc. then. Thanks for your patience!
Apr 23, 2019 6:48 pm
no biggie, it gives us time to rp amonst ourselves :D
Apr 28, 2019 12:38 am
Tied up at work, guys. Will update this time tomorrow. Thanks for your patience!
Apr 30, 2019 3:16 pm
Been playing almost exclusively on mobile for the past few months. Playing is hard. DMing is hell. It's been nigh impossible to run combat. That, more than anything else, has caused delays in me updating the two games I run.

So expect less reliance on die rolls from now on, at least on my end. When you do something that forces a creature or NPC to make saving throw, or opposed check, do me a favor and roll it for me (put the DC in the roll description). Thanks for bearing with me!
Apr 30, 2019 3:30 pm
No worries Jabes! I play mostly on mobile as well and my new phone can be finicky about rolling for some reason.
Apr 30, 2019 4:08 pm
oh man i tried mobile for a bit and just couldnt get around to getting used to it. let alone all the copy pasting i'm doing and the 4 windows open per game i run XD

You do you brother, whatever we can do to stress you less.
May 3, 2019 2:34 pm
I will be up to my eyebrows in work over the next three days. I will be absent from the boards for the duration.
May 7, 2019 6:30 pm
Hey guys, I have some heavy work to do from Thursday to Sunday that i will either not be able to get on or get on for a quick post. I just wanted to give yall a heads up! Mothers Day happiness to you mothers types :D
May 11, 2019 6:54 pm
The_Librarian says:
OOC:
Is it too far to swin? I'm assuming it is
CaveJohnson says:
OOC:
prolly to dangerous
Dramasailor says:
OOC:
From what Jabes had mentioned somewhere, it's about a mile from the reef to shore, so it'd be a heck of a swim.
campeador says:
OOC:
I could probably swim for miles and miles, but we're trapped in this maze.
Silent says:
OOC:
Would the spell Freedom of Movement help us out here?
@Drama remembers correctly: the way I descried it here, it's a mile as the crow flies but a far longer route through the maze.

Modern day athletes have swum great distances so it's not far-fetched that heroes like the PCs can do it, specially because you are all currently able to breathe water thanks to Nela's spell. As @campeador notes, Zale can swim for miles and miles, and faster than any of you, but the real problem is the really the maze rather than the water, although @Cave is also right: who knows what dangers are out there? The village Elder does hint at some danger lying in wait.

I'm afraid Freedom of Movement doesn't help here. Or rather, it will help in some spots but won't be enough to get you through most of it. In most places the reef presents an actual barrier rather than just making the terrain difficult.
May 11, 2019 7:04 pm
So lads...what d ye think?
May 11, 2019 7:32 pm
Btw, @Nela you can see the battle happening. You are quite a ways from the beach but the Elder's place is on a rise and they have a good view of the bay. I'm sorry I didn't make that clear.
We've established that Magda and Lena are in the boats with the PCs. Valrakas is back on the Kestrel. What about Kitty? And what about Khiiral? I haven't heard from Oxbox in a while. For this battle, it's your choice whether:

1) Khiiral is on the Kestrel, and cannot participate in the battle because reasons.
2) Khiiral is in the boats with the PCs. One of the other players will control Khiiral.
3) Khiiral is in the boats with the PCs. The DM will control Khiiral.
May 11, 2019 7:36 pm
Kitty is still on Kestrel as I doubt there is any willing way she would go on a boat if she didn't have to. I'm sure Kitty HATES water. Although she is now dried out from the last surprise wave that took her off the boat. Sure she is only waiting for someone to bring her a nice FAT chunk of meat. Maybe three.

She incidentally is trolling the deck waiting. Mostly killing time waiting to be fed. She knows there is no rats or anything else left to the ship that she hasn't already killed. We have a clean ship.
Last edited May 11, 2019 7:40 pm
May 11, 2019 9:06 pm
I will be going on my first vacation in a really long while. Will be traveling May 16-23. I will most likely be absent from the site for the duration.
May 11, 2019 9:21 pm
Lets the Weresharks on you.. Enjoy!
May 15, 2019 1:28 pm
My flight leaves in a few hours, so that's probably it from me for about a week. Catch you all on the other side! :-)
May 15, 2019 1:40 pm
Safe flights, enjoy the time, don't have TOO much fun ;)
Jun 4, 2019 2:50 pm
Looks like we're getting somewhere with the haggling thanks to a successful bluff by Jineer!

Obviously, silvering a weapon takes time. Are you postponing the hunt til tomorrow, or are you heading out with loaned weapons?

Heading overland, or sailing around the island to Magda's cove?
Jun 5, 2019 4:50 am
Both, overland and by sea, by the looks of it. Phillip and Zale are already on their way.

It's unclear to me whether the deal was sealed. I was going to have Zale shake the elder's hand if Ian didn't but he said he would check with the captain first so then it felt like it would be insubordination if Zale took the deal behind their backs. I hope the captain is in a better mood now.
Jun 5, 2019 4:59 am
It's not very clear to me either so I want to be sure:

Has the party accepted the deal, or is Ian asking the Captain first?

Spoiler alert: Valrakas will just yell your head off and say "Just get her fixed! Do whatever it takes!" or something to that effect.

Meta: We've discussed this. Decisions are entirely in your hands. That's why I have the Captain cooped up in his quarters.
Jun 5, 2019 5:14 am
Just a lowly surgeon.... LOL.. Not good for making deals..
Jun 5, 2019 6:27 am
From what I've seen since Valrakas put him in charge, Ian runs a democratic ship. So with no one actually calling the shots, you guys should come to decisions via consensus just like a regular adventuring party.

It's a casual game anyway so we shouldn't worry too much about chain of command and stuff.
Jun 5, 2019 11:41 am
LegionChimera7 says:
Grog thinks about the proposal of getting a loaner weapon, but wagering with his wits, he figures they don't have a greataxe on hand.
They have handaxes. No martial weapons here except longbows.
LegionChimera7 says:
He then follows behind the group said axe in both hands.
Which group?
Jun 9, 2019 9:18 pm
Nela has to be despondent about the Cap leaving or Dying...Unlike many, she is there because of him.
OOC:
Player: KILL the captain and arg take over.. Mwaaa ha ha...
Jun 10, 2019 10:19 am
ian would also be quite upset if he does die. but a democratic crew would probably work best
Jun 11, 2019 6:22 pm
Kill the wabbit Captian!!
Jun 27, 2019 5:22 am
Working on a cake over the next 22hrs. No post from me today. Will move us forward tomorrow. Thanks!
Jun 27, 2019 3:55 pm
ARRRRR~
Jul 24, 2019 5:40 am
Even though we're waiting on Zale and Grog...

Please pardon my absence. I have been having migraines again. Daily for a week straight now. Consequently, a drastic reduction in screen time has been prescribed. I will have to think about how to mitigate this development's impact on my gaming. Thank you for your understanding.
Jul 24, 2019 9:26 pm
Feels the better.
Jul 29, 2019 6:25 am
Okay, so I went five whole days of not looking at my phone except for important work stuff. Also let my partner do all the computer-related work. Guess what, migraines went away. Now, I know I'm not going to be migraine-free forever (I've lived with them for over 30 years) but it looks like if I don't want to suffer every single day, I will have to extremely limit my screen time.

Don't worry, this game will continue, albeit at slower posting frequency. More frequent is healthier for the game, but unhealthy for me. I'll try to find a good compromise.

Thank you all for understanding!
Aug 14, 2019 3:40 pm
Everyone, welcome Valkeelis and JoHoover! :-D Welcome aboard!
Aug 14, 2019 3:42 pm
Hi all. I'm a Triton Mystic. Look forward to gaming with you. Good to see some of you again!
Aug 14, 2019 4:35 pm
Hmm.. Something fishy ….
Aug 14, 2019 5:52 pm
Welcome!
Aug 14, 2019 9:57 pm
I'm fully caught up on posts by the way. Ready to roll.
Aug 14, 2019 10:01 pm
OK just trying to orient myself here. Is the deck of the shipwreck above or below water?
Aug 14, 2019 10:21 pm
i think above but at a huge slant but doesn't take extra movement
Aug 14, 2019 10:27 pm
Ok cool. Thanks. I mean chances are I won't get dropped in during this encounter, but still good to know.
Aug 15, 2019 5:27 am
Yeah, Astrias will be joining us much later.

Here is a hopefully helpful description of the shipwreck, quoted from this post:
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
OOC:
A note on the position of the wreck: In case it's not clear from the description, the cave looks a little bit like the first photo below, but the wreck is angled crazily upward like in the second photo. The ship's stern is submerged in water, and the prow sticks up. The deck is steeply angled, and I considered treating this as difficult terrain, but this combat is already complicated enough so we're just hand-waving it.

What effect all this does have on this battle is that you guys have been climbing aboard from the water via the submerged stern. That's where the Blight is standing now, and those amidships (Zale & Ian) are basically just above the waterline and within striking distance of its 15ft reach. They are also in Gemma's threat range. Jack has dragged the unconscious Nela up near the prow, just out of reach of the Blight, but Gemma can get to them if she moves. Lilith and Magda can also hit them with spells.

Grog is water walking behind the Blight, while Phillip has climbed atop the Blight, trying to get to Magda.

Jineer is on firm ground. Because of the way the wreck is angled up she can't see what's happening on its deck. She can see the Blight towering over everything, and she can see Phillip and Lilith as well.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcTTguhGeIT8onoGO1nWlaJoyYWUd9mTLpGT1RNMhgZs2IWvAUo8
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/9d/93/00/9d9300a6a9c86e1823b802bbc78443c5.jpg
Aug 15, 2019 3:04 pm
Your images are really cool man!
Aug 15, 2019 5:56 pm
Thanks! :-)
Aug 15, 2019 6:33 pm
JoHoover & Valkeelis, I almost forgot: in case you haven't, please read the Session Zero / House Rules thread. Thanks!
Aug 16, 2019 1:41 pm
FPKs always suck I know, but there's nothing like the thrill of these fights that take players right down to the wire. I love the adrenaline rush afterwards. That "I can't believe we made it" feeling.
Sep 2, 2019 7:26 am
IC thread is still locked. Jabes is not back yet?
Sep 4, 2019 1:32 am
I guess not. Though, now i can't wait to take down me doppelganger! There can only be oooooone!
Sep 4, 2019 2:30 am
I can't wait to join this motley crew!
Sep 7, 2019 12:20 pm
I apologize for the extended absence, folks! Work has been more brutal than usual. I can hardly remember when I last slept. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel; after a couple more days of this I can finally get back on the boards.

Thanks!
Sep 9, 2019 3:53 pm
WB, Make sure you rest.
Sep 22, 2019 2:56 pm
This combat has been great. Really enjoyed watching it. Can't wait to join in. If I may, Zale can't you also trigger a stunning fist on that last escaping hag?
Sep 22, 2019 3:00 pm
Yes, I was still editing. I did exactly that, but still couldn't land the second punch!
Sep 22, 2019 3:01 pm
Ah cool
Sep 22, 2019 3:04 pm
Yeah take these bitches out already so the new guys can finally join the fun! XD
Sep 23, 2019 2:24 pm
Hahahaha! Damn y'all got PLANS for this hag. LMAO!
Sep 23, 2019 4:56 pm
i blame you jabes :D
Sep 23, 2019 8:43 pm
I love this party - no nonsense. Take no prisoners. Especially not extra-planar evil.
Sep 23, 2019 9:18 pm
no nonsense.. Poor philip is the epitome of nonsense
Sep 23, 2019 10:29 pm
WOW. Ok so Phil goes ape shit on a paralyzed old hag. 2 crits!!!!! That's actually hilarious!!!!

Wait.....that's not the paralyzed one he's attacking.....is it.....
Last edited September 23, 2019 10:32 pm
Sep 23, 2019 10:47 pm
nope
Silent either shapeshifted or some magic thing
Sep 23, 2019 10:49 pm
but if that were the case, that could have been 3 crits and adv
Sep 24, 2019 12:30 pm
I think you guys should decapitate and burn the body lol.
Sep 24, 2019 2:25 pm
Ahoy! I'm taking down the #the_savage_sea channel on GP's Discord server and creating our own. All aboard!
Sep 24, 2019 3:54 pm
Privateer Phillip reporting for vacation
Sep 28, 2019 3:54 pm
Sorry, folks, it's been a looong day in the middle of a loooong weekend. Was looking forward to updating games as a treat for myself, but I am just dead tired. Will try again tomorrow.
Oct 1, 2019 2:40 am
GeneCortess says:
Oh question for the GM. How heavy is the Purple Tentacle Whip for encumbrance?
The Purple Tentacle Whip weighs 2 lbs.
GeneCortess says:
Nela turns into a Giant Eagle. She intends to get the rope and bring it back to the ship.
A Giant Eagle has STR 16 (carrying capacity of 240 lbs, can drag twice as heavy as that). This airship weighs significantly more than that, and it's taking on water, Eagle Nela will need help!
Oct 1, 2019 3:17 am
The idea was to fly a rope over to our ship … ah.. not pull it over... Although she might be able to actually car the person and gear... Is the rope too short to reach between both?
Oct 1, 2019 4:20 am
Ah, I get you now. *thumbs up*

Pelner didn't specify how far from the ship he crashed, but yeah his Rope of Climbing should be long enough. And we'll say Valrakas has moved the Valrakas if necessary. Good idea to pick up the passenger too, but it looks like Astrias has got that covered.
Oct 1, 2019 4:26 am
She can help slow the balloon from sinking while it is pulled to the boat. Good news. We do get the balloon in fair tact. Just haul it aboard.
Oct 1, 2019 12:54 pm
Did we fail to dived it the gem and coins from the hags?
Oct 1, 2019 1:43 pm
No, you got it all: 2,500gp worth of gems. 7 PCs fought the Coven. About 357gp+1sp+4cp per cut if you're splitting it equally. That's entirely up to you.
Oct 10, 2019 5:06 pm
I'm still around, enjoying your roleplay. Nela buys her stuff. Pelner gets his landing pad built. Zale and Astrias are mid-conversation. Is Jineer still sneaking around the Market? Is Ian back on board? What's everyone else up to at this point?
Oct 10, 2019 9:28 pm
Ian works on getting the ship reprovisioned.
Oct 10, 2019 10:20 pm
With no news of her ship Jineer will return in disguise
Oct 11, 2019 12:39 am
Thinking about it... What could a nigh-feral dwarven barbarian even wish to buy here? Hrmmm... Ooo... Any chance of finding an Alchemy Jug?
Oct 11, 2019 12:42 am
If you look and ask around, you'll find there are no magic users nor sellers of magical wares in the Floating Market.
Oct 11, 2019 2:01 am
I"m guessing dear Nela would have no real troubles finding wood. Or does that take more of an effort?
Oct 11, 2019 3:11 am
There's plenty of scrap from the construction of Pelner's landing pad.
Oct 11, 2019 3:12 am
Nela is looking for wood chunks. Not planks. Be thinking like 4" thick. And nicer type of wood is a plus.
Last edited October 11, 2019 3:13 am
Oct 11, 2019 3:14 am
4 inches thick? Yeah, the landing pad would have required beams that thick.
Oct 11, 2019 3:20 am
Well then she doesn't have to go ashore to get wood. Just needs her carver is all. Nobody to really notice a little bit of the wood vanished... I would imagine it takes a bit to cut down wood to make objects.
Last edited October 11, 2019 3:21 am
Oct 11, 2019 4:12 am
There would definitely be scraps and chunks left over from the landing pad construction. and if it necessary Pelner could always laminate two smaller pieces together to make a larger chunk for whatever Nela is thinking about. I'm really interested to hear what she has in mind!
Oct 11, 2019 5:21 am
It is a secret for only her carver to know. I would image she only needs about two good full hand size chunks. Of course more is merry. Always have to remember there is nothing normal about Nela.
Last edited October 11, 2019 5:22 am
Oct 11, 2019 6:13 am
Smiles... Now you know what she wants.. Surprise.
Oct 12, 2019 3:37 am
Haha I really should have started a new chapter. But this dockmaster showing up is an unexpected turn of events even for me! We're really in uncharted territory now! XD
Oct 12, 2019 2:08 pm
Valkeelis says:
Making a roll to intimidate then spending 2 psi points to manifest 'Assess Foe' on the Dockmaster.
How long would it have taken us to get to the floating market since the balloon crash. Would he have had time for a short or long rest?

Assess Foe (2 psi). As a bonus action, you analyze the aura of one creature you see. You learn its current hit point total and all its immunities, resistances, and vulnerabilities.
Jabes.plays.RPG sent a note to Valkeelis
• There would have been ample time for a short rest.

• Before we continue, I want to make sure everyone who wants to level up to 9th has done so.

• Also, are you happy with the magic item distribution? Some grabbed more loot than the others. There would have been time to trade and attune before arriving at the Floating Market.
Quote:
Jineer
[ +- ] The Hand Gun of Remembered Glory
[ +- ] The Mighty Duck Dynasty
[ +- ] The Black Pearl of Power
Nela
[ +- ] Purple Tentacle Whip
[ +- ] The Tarantino Tarantula
Ian
[ +- ] Trident of Fish Command
[ +- ] The John Woo Cloak of Billowing
[ +- ] The Heart of the Ocean
Jack
[ +- ] Jack's Medulla Oblongata
[ +- ] Quicksilver Sword of Crashing Waves
[ +- ] Eastwood Cigar
[ +- ] Jonah's Hex
[ +- ] Ole Dead-eye's Eyepatch
Phillip
[ +- ] The Shyamalan Sash
[ +- ] The Fite Club
Grog
[ +- ] Jar of mayonnaise
[ +- ] Dirt In Yer Eye
[ +- ] Megalodon Tooth Greataxe
Zale
[ +- ] Jade Master Crystal Fist Big Trouble IV
[ +- ] The Wachowski Matrix
[ +- ] The EleMental Ring
Oct 12, 2019 6:06 pm
Well Astrias wasn't at that lovely encounter so she wouldn't have claimed anything.
Oct 13, 2019 11:13 am
A bunch of you have incorrect figures (initiative, hp, AC, etc) on your sheets. Please ensure your sheets are updated, because what else am I going to use as basis when resolving actions? XD
Oct 14, 2019 5:26 am
Just updated Grog's stuff from Fight Club. He went up only 7 HP, so now he has 108 from 101.
Oct 14, 2019 5:28 am
Grog!

Translation: Got it. Thanks!
Oct 21, 2019 4:09 pm
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
OOC:
Ian: On your last turn, the Kestrel executed a 90-degree turn. Now you'll have to catch up to the Strumpet to fire a broadside. In the meantime, anyone can use their action to fire the forward gun.
So far, I have been implementing a modified version of the naval combat mechanics presented in WOTC's Unearthed Arcana: Of Ships and the Sea. I've never been very happy with those mechanics, but now, in Appendix-A of "Ghosts of Saltmarsh" come revised nautical rules. It's a big improvement over the UA, but I still feel like anyone who's not an officer and not a ranged attacker is left with nothing to do during ship-to-ship combat. That was why I decided that firing a cannon would take a PC's action. But now, between Water Walking, and Pelner's airship, and Jineer's Mighty Ducks, I think there are plenty of options for getting combatants onto an enemy vessel if that is what you want to do.

So starting Round 2 of this battle between the Kestrel and the Strumpet we're going to give these mechanics a try. That is, the ships will have their own initiative, and their own actions (which officers will direct). I will quote the relevant mechanics over on the House Rules thread.
Oct 21, 2019 5:13 pm
:thumbs_up:
Oct 22, 2019 7:13 am
The ring's description says:
Quote:
...as if you had cast the Conjure Elemental spell...
Does that mean I have to maintain concentration? The spell text says:
Quote:
If your Concentration is broken, the elemental doesn't disappear. Instead, you lose control of the elemental, it becomes Hostile toward you and your companions, and it might Attack. An uncontrolled elemental can't be dismissed by you, and it disappears 1 hour after you summoned it.
Also, can the elemental ride Nela's wave the way Zale and Magda rode the wave in the earlier battle?
Last edited October 22, 2019 7:15 am
Oct 22, 2019 9:06 am
Zale: yes, you must maintain concentration. Let's say you have advantage on the check while touching water. No, standing in a puddle doesn't work.

Sure, your elemental (and Astrias') can ride the wave if Nela sends another one. Sending a wave uses up Nela's action. Even while maintaining Concentration on Control Water, she can't send a wave if she spends her action doing something else.
Oct 22, 2019 12:37 pm
Updated Jack, finally. Catching up on the game.

As for the loot, I'm more than happy for anyone to take some of the stuff. I will be keeping the cigar and the sword, so if anyone wants these, they are free to a good home:
[ +- ] Jack's Medulla Oblongata
[ +- ] Jonah's Hex
[ +- ] Ole Dead-eye's Eyepatch
Oct 22, 2019 4:10 pm
the flail is amusing though
Oct 22, 2019 7:34 pm
No one's put out their eye or cut off their hand yet. For Dead-Eye's Eyepatch and the Hand Gun.
Oct 22, 2019 7:57 pm
We're good lol.
Oct 22, 2019 7:58 pm
Might come in handy later. Will keep an eye on it. (see what I did there?)
Oct 22, 2019 11:53 pm
I'm happy trading off my loot from the cavern and taking the loot from the body on deck
Oct 27, 2019 7:32 am
Is my narration making any sense with regards to ship positioning? Is everyone imagining what I'm imagining? I am loathe to attempt a battle map.

• Safford Stampes & goons draw blades. Kestrel is docked. Port is on (of course) port side. Chain boom on the starboard side. Strumpet is stealthing.

• Stampes is dancing around, but Kestrel crew aren't screwing around, least of all Grog and Zale. Strumpet shows up, tries to get alongside Kestrel.

• Stampes gets wrecked. Strumpet crew freaks, turns hard to starboard to make a run for it.

• Harold and other old geezers show up. Strumpet still fleeing. 50ft away to starboard  now. Nela melts the boom chain with lightning. Ian gives the order to pursue. Geezers skedaddle. Kestrel casts off.

• Strumpet widens the distance to 100ft, but Nela stops her with Control Water. Kestrel turns 90° to starboard. Shots fired. Zale, Astrias, and Jineer lead the chase.

• Zale does a Bruce Lee on Strumpet's deck, while Jineer does a James Bond. Kestrel gains on Strumpet, which is still stuck in Nela's trap. Only 45ft gap now. Kestrel's chase gun keeps firing. Strumpet has got no rear gun.

• Unable to make headway, Strumpet turns 90° to starboard, fires broadside at Kestrel. Jineer finds the powder magazine.

• Jineer lights it up! Strumpet is dead in the water. Scurvy dogs abandon ship, but Zubak is standing his ground.
Oct 29, 2019 4:53 am
I've been rereading Control Water more closely. Apparently we've been doing it wrong: You can only have one effect active at one time (action to repeat an effect, or switch to a different one) meaning Nela could not have summoned capsizing waves using Flood while maintaining Redirect Flow. It's okay, it was fricking badass. But for future reference.
Oct 29, 2019 4:59 am
Yeah. Kinda late in the game for that now. Yep. Future reference. But is kinda hard for a ship to get headway when it is flooded anyway, but then that is really just one big WAVE.

To bad I can't cast it twice and two different effect a round.. ;)
Last edited October 29, 2019 5:02 am
Nov 4, 2019 4:22 pm
Hello all, sorry for the short notice on this. However, due to some real world stress and busy-ness, I need to take a step back for a few weeks to focus on that. I miss and have much love for all of you, so I will be back. ;)

Absence Post Here: https://gamersplane.com/forums/thread/1260/?p=648966#p648966
Nov 7, 2019 1:55 pm
Thanks for the heads up, @drama! Take however much time you need. That said, I look forward to your return!
Nov 12, 2019 5:31 pm
We can hand-wave any shopping sprees, or we can roleplay it. Whichever you prefer.

Decide how you want to split the loot (gems, folding boat, fancy chest, pistol-axes) between everyone who participated in the fight.

Does anyone want to go see Bob about those sea charts?
Nov 12, 2019 5:49 pm
Nela done with shipping. She does like to add the fancy chest to her collection of chests. It is nicer than the ones she has.
Nov 12, 2019 11:31 pm
Phillipp don't truly deserve any of that so he'll soft pass on it

lemme know what i can and cannot buy here at the market place, Daddys got a lot of silver and needs to get some shirts!!! XD
Nov 15, 2019 12:52 pm
Sorry for the silence everyone. Research paper, foggy mind set, and room renovation have had me pretty tied up.

If no one minds, Grog would like the axe-pistols. Though if someone already claimed them, that's fine. I still need to catch up to everything.
Nov 15, 2019 3:02 pm
Jineer wants the Boat!
Nov 16, 2019 10:54 pm
Just don't go on any 3-hour tours anytime soon. There's a Titanic II being made and going on the same route, and we don't need a Minnow II making the same mistake.
Nov 18, 2019 5:30 pm
Make it so #1 This must happen now!
Nov 20, 2019 9:58 am
There are four lights! Either someone cast dancing lights or we have will o' wisps on board!
Nov 20, 2019 4:48 pm
/rip
Nov 22, 2019 6:28 pm
Created a Loot thread. Guys, a lot of this crap are attunement items. Remember that a creature can be attuned to no more than three magic items at a time. Any attempt to attune to a fourth item fails; the creature must end its attunement to an item first.

Also, I remind you to watch your encumbrance.
Quote:

Nov 22, 2019 7:35 pm
GeneCortess says:
Nela interested in Safford Stampes' silver-inlaid chest possessions except the velvet pouch containing 500gp worth of gems that is more party treasure.
So you mean the silk handkerchief and the notebook of limericks?
Nov 23, 2019 3:29 pm
Yes. She simply just removed the velvet pouch for the party and was going to take the rest.
Nov 26, 2019 4:09 pm
Posted on the Absences thread:
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
Will be busy over the next few days. Not sure if I can post at all before the weekend.
Nov 26, 2019 4:24 pm
okey dokey
Jan 13, 2020 5:09 pm
Reinvite me if you think about it.
Jan 13, 2020 5:41 pm
For those not on discord, Jabes is dealing with the volcano that just erupted in the Philippines and hopes to be back online next week.
Jan 14, 2020 5:35 pm
Oh crap! Be safe Jabes!
Jan 21, 2020 6:20 pm
Ahoy, me hearties!

Sorry, I was away from GP over the entire holidays because of my workload. Then, as soon as that started to slacken, we had the Taal Volcano eruption. I'm aiming to get this game revived within the next couple of days. 
Jan 22, 2020 1:11 am
Oh yeah! Pelner is ready to build some Sh*t.
Jan 23, 2020 7:29 pm
Coming back around. Back in Action now.... Woot.. Hic....
Last edited January 25, 2020 8:28 pm
Feb 8, 2020 6:54 pm
What do you want to do after carousing?

*Seek out the treasure marked on the maps tattooed on the soles of Safford Stampes' feet?
*Set sail northwest for the Great Gyre, deliver the trident and token to King Kholnos of the tritons?
*Investigate a strange sight witnessed south of here: an unexplained glow from the sea at night?
*Fyre Fest luxury music festival happening this weekend on a remote island rumored to be a former pirate hideout?
*Bounty on an undead pirate terrorizing the northern seas who goes by the moniker Dead Jim?
*Another bounty hunter open contract involves a ship named the Sea Hag helmed by a gnoll named Dykor Deadspear?
*Something else?
Feb 8, 2020 6:58 pm
I think the first two were are more original thoughts... Others look interesting too!
Feb 9, 2020 10:04 am
Everything is interesting! But Zale wants to get on with fulfilling the promise to the dragon turtle.
Feb 9, 2020 3:05 pm
yeah for all that hes a pirate
I mean sailor....Ian wants to uphold his promise about the trident
Feb 10, 2020 6:06 pm
hahaah i should probably have read this before posting ... oh well :D
Feb 18, 2020 5:28 pm
YaHarr!!
Feb 18, 2020 5:30 pm
I guess we should be responsible pirate and take care of the trident. Seems to be the right thang to do.
OOC:
Smiles. Someone has to get is moving. May as well be Nela. Hic. LOL...
Last edited February 18, 2020 5:31 pm
Feb 18, 2020 6:03 pm
Received @theeyetyrant's character. I will move us forward tomorrow. :-)
Feb 19, 2020 6:18 pm
New chapter is up. That's your cue, @theeyetyrant! :-)
Feb 27, 2020 7:44 pm
Dramasailor is rejoining us as Jhiros Parakanath, Triton Tempest Cleric. He is originally from the triton kingdom we are headed for, but has been away from home for a long time. I don't feel like going through the whole deal of introducing a new character, so we'll say he joined the crew some time ago. He will also be filling in the quartermaster role, as Khiiral hasn't been around.
Feb 28, 2020 8:12 pm
Hey guys. I’m still playing but I might be a few days. My wife is in the hospital so I’m focused mainly on her and don’t know how long. Please play my character if you need to
Feb 29, 2020 4:10 am
Don't worry about the game, it'll still be here when you're ready! Take care of your wife. Wishing both of you the very best!
Mar 6, 2020 8:25 pm
It's officially been 48hrs since I said roll initiative. It's 4:30 am here, so I'm off to bed now, but as soon as I wake up I will roll init for absentees, and commence combat.
Mar 7, 2020 8:49 am
Welcome aboard, @The_Evil_Dedd!

First, read the Session Zero and House Rules thread.

Next, visit the Character Creation thread to create your character for this seafaring adventure.

Mar 7, 2020 9:57 am
Hey all, glad to be here.
Mar 8, 2020 6:17 am
GeneCortess says:
Nela calls upon the forces of sea. She is attempting to sink the undead ship with a tidal wave.
OOC:
casts Control Water..Flood option to try to capsize ship or at least wash off undead.
We were misusing Control Water before. The Flood effect forces any Huge or smaller vehicles struck by the wave to roll a percentile day, with 25% chance of capsizing, but these ships are Gargantuan, and should be unaffected.

But let's go ahead and attempt to sweep undead into the sea. The crew rolls STR saves vs. Nela's spell save DC (16). Save failed! Skeletal crew's number has been reduced. Great job!
Mar 8, 2020 6:34 pm
The_Librarian says:
Shouts orders and attempts to boost the crew's morale with his 1st mate ability
I suspect you're referring to Full Speed Ahead, which is one of only two currently available Special Officer Actions available. We'll add more at a later time.
Quote:
● Special Officer Actions
During an encounter, the captain, first mate, and bosun each have access to two special action options: Take Aim and Full Speed Ahead, both detailed below.

~ Take Aim
As an action, the captain, first mate, or bosun directs the crew’s firing, aiding in aiming one of the ship’s weapons. Select one of the ship’s weapons that is within 10 feet of the officer. It gains advantage on the next attack roll it makes before the end of the ship’s next turn.

~ Full Speed Ahead
As an action while on deck, the captain, first mate, or bosun can exhort the crew to work harder and drive the ship forward faster.

A vessel equipped with a naval ram can use its ram at the end of the movement when the Full Speed Ahead command is given.
The reason Valrakas is yelling for the crew to "heave to" (full stop) is to let the Sea Witch sail past, giving the Kestrel's guns line of sight to the skeleton ship. (see the battle map)

If I am understanding your intention correctly, Ian is using the Full Speed Ahead special officer action so that when the Kestrel's turn comes, it can use 1 ship action to Turn 90 degrees to starboard, and her other 2 ship actions to "Dash" northeast and engage the Skeleton Ship. (see Kestrel stats & ship action options here)

Am I reading you right?
Mar 10, 2020 3:56 am
Alecor, for that readied action, are you targeting the undead captain, members of his crew, or one of the ship's components (hull, sails, helm, or weapons)?

Let's give Phillip another day to post.

I don't know why every encounter I keep trying to put us on standard initiative when we've clearly established block initiative works way better in PbP. Once everyone has acted this round, we will shift to block initiative: good guys go first (in any order), then all the ships, then bad guys.
Mar 10, 2020 6:46 am
Lols, I feel like i may have borked my post but i'll roll with it :D
Mar 10, 2020 7:15 am
Well, the cannon fire is a ship action, not a character action. Those are pretty good rolls, so we can use them when the Kestrel's turn comes. With added advantage roll thanks to Ian's First Mate action. You can still act if you want, Phillip.
Mar 10, 2020 4:20 pm
man the cannon(s) i've got nothing i can personally do to aid currently
Mar 11, 2020 6:17 pm
I may have on and off access problems the next couple week. If it seems long, please play my character.
Mar 12, 2020 6:41 am
I've edited the Naval Combat houserules again. Now, the Full Speed Ahead officer action only enables a ship to take the Move action twice in a round. The previous version (where a ship given the Full Speed Ahead command could Move multiple times) felt excessive.

https://cdn.sternerstuffdesign.com/sternerstuffdesign.com/app/uploads/2019/02/18130822/ludicrousgo.gif

Speaking of Special Officer Actions, at present there are only two: Full Speed Ahead, and Take Aim. I'd like for there to be more options. Any suggestions for special commands that directly affect ship performance during combat?

I'd also love to create options for non-officers while ship vs. ship combat is happening over distances beyond spell and archery range.
Mar 12, 2020 11:03 am
Since the 1st officer is morale, I wonder if there's a way to use charisma to boost the crews ability to attack. Maybe advantage on the next roll, or adding the officers CHR mod to the next attack. I don't know if just a CHR roll, CHR saving throw, or a perform check would be used to see if it works
Mar 12, 2020 11:37 am
Take Aim, which I adapted from Ghosts of Saltmarsh without modification, grants one of the ship's weapons advantage on its next attack roll (I botched the implementation by granting advantage to all 3 starboard cannons). I considered modifying this to require a CHA roll from the officer, but decided it's more fun as is.
Mar 12, 2020 7:12 pm
The skeletons pull a Bahubali maneuver.
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/CourteousAnimatedBighorn-max-1mb.gif
Mar 14, 2020 11:27 am
GeneCortess says:
did that ship move out of my area of effect? or can I flood it again?
Yes, it has moved outside the area of effect. I've gone back and edited every map posted after Control Water was cast. The area of effect is shown as a dotted square.
CaveJohnson says:
Skills/ability: Does loading and helping the cannon require anything?
CURRENT MECHANICS
With our current mechanics, it doesn't take any of a character's actions to load or fire a cannon. In fact, because ships have their own actions, the cannons will fire without any of the PCs intervening. Although Grog and Phillip taking over gunner duties is cool, there's no mechanical effect. The only effect a PC can have on the cannons is when an officer spends their action on Take Aim, granting one weapon Advantage on its next attack roll before the end of the ship's next turn.

PROPOSED CHANGE
Any PC commandeering a cannon is considered as taking the Help action, granting that weapon Advantage on its next attack roll before the end of the ship's next turn.

The officer action, Take Aim does NOT grant advantage, but adds the officer's CHA modifier to ALL ship's weapon attack rolls. If the officer is proficient with firearms, they may add their Proficiency bonus instead. The effect lasts the end of the ship's next turn.

In this game, for the sake of simplicity, if you are proficient with martial weapons, then you are also proficient with firearms. Artificers are proficient with firearms.

SPECIAL CIRCUMSTANCES IN THE CURRENT SCENARIO
The Kestrel's NPC crew are Frightened. All cannon attacks have Disadvantage unless affected by a PC's Help action.
Mar 16, 2020 4:08 pm
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
The skeletons pull a Bahubali maneuver.
https://memestatic1.fjcdn.com/thumbnails/comments/+_0bde69232c35ac683e54e208d1895037.gif
Thats kinda badass if it would work irl!!
Mar 17, 2020 8:04 am
The ships are about to take their turns (after Jhiros posts).

The Sea Witch is going to keep running northwest at her current speed 45 ft/round (double that if Leatha orders Full Speed Ahead). That's going to look like this:
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/643331416888967199/689361595922382848/Dead_Jim_5a.jpg

The Skeleton Ship is going to close in for sure (roughly 3 squares west) and probably launch a couple of skeleton squads.

What do you guys want the Kestrel to do next? Remember that she has 3 actions per turn. Those can be spent on Turn, Move (speed depends on direction), or Fire Cannons.

Effects of the latest rules change on the Kestrel's next turn:
Ian gave the Take Aim command. So, until the end of the Kestrel's upcoming turn, cannons will add his CHA modifier to their attack rolls. In addition, Phillip and Grog have taken the Help action, negating Disadvantage suffered by their respective cannons due to the NPC crew having the Frightened condition. The third starboard cannon will continue to fire with Disadvantage.
Mar 17, 2020 3:30 pm
Since the skeleton ship is so much faster than the Sea Witch I think this would be the only opportunity the fire all cannons one more time before they reach us and start actual combat.
Mar 17, 2020 4:06 pm
Do you fire and then move to block, maybe?
Mar 18, 2020 2:26 pm
Would the Skelly get an advantage roll on his DEX save? The canon ball isn't magical its the force that started it moving. The ball itself is still just a canon ball.
Mar 18, 2020 3:28 pm
Even though I was leaning towards "yes, it gets advantage," I gave it a lot of thought before actually posting that advantage roll. For exactly the line of reasoning you posted above. I even posed a question on the GP Discord channel (I'll tag you ver there).

In the end, I ruled that yes, it does get advantage.
Mar 18, 2020 3:31 pm
Even though I was leaning towards "yes, it gets advantage," I gave it a lot of thought before actually posting that advantage roll. For exactly the line of reasoning you posted above. I even posed a question on the GP Discord channel (I'll tag you over there).

In the end, I ruled that yes, it does get advantage.

Cannonballs aren't even lighter than 5 lbs. but screw it, rule of cool, I let that fly. :-)
Mar 28, 2020 5:20 pm
Ahoy!

No matter where in the world we are I know everybody's having to make some difficult adjustments. I'm going to keep this game going in case it helps you guys cope the same way it helps me. But at the same time, I'm not going to add to your stress in this already stressful time by bugging you about posting rate. If you're here, you're here. We'll go slow. It's okay. If you need to be away to keep yourself and your loved ones safe, healthy, and sane, that's okay too. We'll be here for you when this is all over.
Mar 29, 2020 12:41 am
I've found that my posts are slightly more regular with this whole situation. Mainly because I really can't tell the difference between a weekday and a weekend anymore. My whole family is home and the kids and I are trying to find a balance between fun and homeschooling. Thankfully our school district just announced online classes are going to start Monday so that will be interesting with a kindergartner and a third grader.

I really appreciate everyone here, you guys are awesome!!
Mar 29, 2020 1:18 am
it's a tad harder for me because I'm remote teaching and get tired of staring at a screen.
Apr 24, 2020 4:24 pm
theeyetyrant says:
OOC:
Cave (Phillip) has been inactive for 23 days.
OOC:
I think it's nearly everyone because of this pandemic. For my part my has been difficult to find free time and when I do get a respite I am just so drained. I'll try to move us forward this weekend.

Stay healthy and safe, me hearties!
Jun 10, 2020 7:20 pm
Phillip is back! Since plague happened i worked temp at my previous employment for 5ish weeks and basically killed myself. now i'm part timy back at my original work which means I"M BAK :D
Jun 15, 2020 4:41 pm
I think most of us are still around but we aren't sure how Jabes is doing. We haven't heard from him in a while here or on the discord.

Hopefully his situation improves and we can get back to seaside shenanigans.
Jun 15, 2020 4:57 pm
I hope so too. Just a waiting.
Aug 26, 2020 5:03 am
Dropping now. I will keep the character saved for while in case he does return.
Nov 30, 2020 11:40 pm
For jabes:
O Jabes, sweet Jabes, wherever art thou? Alas, poor Grog, he goes into hibernation for winter this year.

Basically, if you ever see this and decide to get the barnacles off of this moored dinghy, just shoot me a PM with an invite.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.