1.1 The Singing Sword

load previous
Oct 1, 2015 11:29 am
Merlin sent a note to jabes.plays.rpg, spaceseeker19
Secret note.
Oct 1, 2015 12:12 pm
As soon as Feylinde arrives in the alley and sees what's happening, she recalls her patron power.
"Master" she whispers as a ray is cast from her right forefinger toward one of the thugs (thug 1).

Rolls

Eldritch Blast - ranged spell attack - (1d20+5)

(18) + 5 = 23

force damage - (1d10)

(8) = 8

Oct 1, 2015 1:01 pm
As the others start to converge on the thugs, I choose this moment to fade into the background to watch the scene unfold. If I'm caught up in the moment, how will I recount the details of this skirmish later?

As I'm about to move, I see Weyland's direct hit and turn to him and say "Wonderful, Weylan! Your skill at throwing is nearly as good as your cobbling!" I start playing a song at sounds a lot like "Hey Weylan, you so fine, you so fine you blow my mind, hey Weylan!" but it's played so softly you can't quite make out the words.

OOC: move to one side of the alleyway & hug to wall to hide, inching just a bit closer to the action. Bonus action- Inspiration to Weylan. He can use a +1d6 for attacks or saving throws.

Rolls

Attempt to hide - (1d20+2)

(20) + 2 = 22

Oct 1, 2015 1:19 pm
Seeing his good friend Rufio take such a solid hit Elden cries out in despair, "No, Rufio!" Saying a quick prayer to Lathander, he raises his voice on the final word and Rufio's wounds begin to close. He then attacks furiously, attempting to take down his opponent as quickly as possible so he can better assist his injured friend.

Healing Word on Rufio

Attack on Thug 2

Rolls

Healing Word on Rufio - (1d4+6)

(3) + 6 = 9

Mace Attack and Damage on thug 2 - (1d20+4, 1d6+2)

1d20+4 : (17) + 4 = 21

1d6+2 : (3) + 2 = 5

Oct 1, 2015 4:08 pm
Rufio reels in pain when the sneering rogue's sword slices into his side, but then he hears Elden shout his name and he feels his wound closing and strength returning to him. The is no time for thanks, however. Rufio tries to grab the man's head in both hands and break his face with a vicious headbutt.
Last edited October 2, 2015 3:55 am

Rolls

Facebuster Headbutt - (1d20+3)

(9) + 3 = 12

Damage (includes rage bonus) - (1d4+5)

(1) + 5 = 6

Grapple attempt if the punch hits (granted by Tavern brawler feat, Advantage) - (1d20+5, 1d20+5)

1d20+5 : (10) + 5 = 15

1d20+5 : (12) + 5 = 17

Oct 1, 2015 4:21 pm
(Round 3)
Weylan takes stock of the situation as he swings "Pretty" (his battleaxe) into the side of the bruiser that just savaged Rufio (thug 1); Alanya's singing his name fills him with warm fuzzies and he just knows he can't let her (and everyone else) down!

spaceseeker19 sent a note to Merlin
(edited to correct thug attribution - thug 1 was attacking Rufio. It's academic this round, anyway, with those rolls. Also: added round number - it helps me to keep it straight)
Last edited October 2, 2015 6:47 pm

Rolls

Perception check - (1d20+5)

(6) + 5 = 11

Attack on thug 3 (with inspiration) - (1d20+1, 1d6+4)

1d20+1 : (2) + 1 = 3

1d6+4 : (4) + 4 = 8

Oct 2, 2015 2:47 pm
Seeing the thug (1) avoid the poison spray, Semaj again moves into position staying 10 ft away and attempts again to poison thug #1. He raises his hand and a noxious gas cloud forms.

poison spray: DC 12 con save or take 1d12 damage

Rolls

Poison spray - (1d12)

(7) = 7

Oct 2, 2015 5:11 pm
Being dragged through the crowd by Seneia, Szent does his best to determine where Feylinde has run off to.

Rolls

Perception [+1] - (1d20+1)

(18) + 1 = 19

Oct 2, 2015 10:02 pm
The total initiative order is: Weylan, Seneia, Samej, Rufio, Feylinde, Alanya, Eiden, Szent.

Group 2: Initiative order: Weylan, Halfling, Samej, Rufio, Feylinde, Alanya, Thugs, Eiden - Round 2

Weylan wields Pretty at Thug 1, but unlike Green, the axe misses narrowly.
The Halfling attacks Thug 3 with renewed vigor, striking a mighty blow. The Thug gasps in surprise as he drops to the ground.
Samej weaves another spell... Unsuccessfully. He looks at his finger is disbelief.
Rufio is still injured, and attempts to head butt Thug 1, missing.
Arriving on the scene, Feylinde unleashes an Eldritch blast, striking Thug 1, who crumples to the ground.
Alanya inspires Weylan before fading into the shadows.
Thug 1 is dead.
Thug 2 swings his sword at Eiden, but Eiden is simply impregnable.
Thug 3 is dead.
Eiden quickly casts healing word, and Rufio's wounds close. Barely pausing, he swings his mace and makes satisfying contact on Thug 2. Thug 2 is dead.

Group 1

Seneia and Szent arrive at the battle scene. They see three dead thugs, the rest of their group, and a halfling.

(Combat over. Kudos to Weylan for marking his post with Round 3. Let's adopt that in future.)

Merlin sent a note to spaceseeker19

Rolls

Halfling attack, damage - (1d20+2, 1d8)

1d20+2 : (18) + 2 = 20

1d8 : (7) = 7

Thugs 2 ,3 attack, damage - (2d20, 2d8)

2d20 : (132) = 15

2d8 : (81) = 9

Oct 2, 2015 10:57 pm
"I hope this will not rise too much noise" said Feylinde as the last thug crumbled under Eiden's blow.
"Can someone explain what's just happened here?" she added moving toward her comrades.
Oct 3, 2015 12:02 am
I move out of the shadows and towards the Halfling. "The name's Alanya. Are you alright?"
Oct 3, 2015 12:18 am
Elden chooses not to kill the thug, instead knocking him unconscious.

Will post more later :)
Oct 3, 2015 12:20 am
Weylan sets Pretty aside and tries to suss out the situation with these thugs, as he retrieves his handaxe, Green.

"I was just coming to see you. You handle a blade pretty well, Slink." Weylan stresses "Slink" slightly, for everyone else's (except Seneia's) benefit.

Weylan offers the halfling his free hand in friendship. "What did they want?"

A glance at the bodies. "On second thought, maybe you could tell us somewhere more private?"
Last edited October 3, 2015 12:23 am

Rolls

Insight (try to figure out what was going on with thugs) - (1d20+5)

(20) + 5 = 25

Oct 3, 2015 12:41 am
Seeing that Alanya is approaching the halfling Szent will hang back a bit and try to take in what happened. Looking over towards Seneia has asks, "Looks like we missed something here."
Oct 3, 2015 2:14 am
Elden will check on the thug that he killed. Seeing that he is not breathing he will stand and address the late-comers, "Found Slink here in a bit of a scrape, but we were able to get him out of it," he looks around at the bodies, shaking his head sadly, "unfortunately it got a bit out of hand."

(Edited by DM for story)
Oct 3, 2015 7:20 am
When Seneia steps into the alley, she quickly observes everyone who was part of the confrontation to check if they are hurt. Then she notices Slink. She stops and tilts her head, with a wry, but genuine smile slowly appearing to her face.

"Slink", she says. "It's been a while. You are still making friends all over the city, I see. Are you all right?"
Last edited October 3, 2015 7:30 am
Oct 3, 2015 11:55 am
Slink is breathing heavily after his early morning exertions. He was about to run when Weylan called him by name, but then pauses when the more familiar voice of Seneia speaks. "Seneia? What are you doing here?"
Oct 3, 2015 1:24 pm
"Strangely enough, Slink, I'm here looking for you."

Seneia steps closer. It has been a while since she has last met Slink. During that time she has found trust, discipline and serenity she never had when living in the streets, so the posture of the young woman is probably familiar, yet somehow different than that of the girl Slink used to know.

"Although I expected to find you the Singing Sword, not here in the alley, up to your curly hair in trouble."
Oct 3, 2015 1:35 pm
"So these are your friends?" Slink wipes his sword and sheaths it.
Oct 3, 2015 1:58 pm
Feylinde grins at Slink "we meet again".
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.