1.1 The Singing Sword

load previous
Sep 27, 2015 3:16 pm
Ooc: I should be clearer then... I meant perception rolls determine how well you hear. Plus the perception roll alone may not determine the next action. For example, a character shouting stop would change the outcome. Or a character grabbing Seneia would change the outcome. I just want you to be cognizant in pbp we can't assume the outcome until everyone has acted. This is my first pbp as DM so I am learning too.
Sep 27, 2015 3:42 pm
Ooc: when rolling dice with advantage you can list the die rolls with a comma, I think.... For example.

Wow watch out when I start rolling dice for real!!

Rolls

Advantage test roll - (1d20+3, 1d20+3)

1d20+3 : (12) + 3 = 15

1d20+3 : (9) + 3 = 12

Sep 27, 2015 4:08 pm
Determined to find the rogue Szent tries to keep up with Seneia as she deftly works her way through the crowd.

Rolls

Perception [+1] - (1d20+1)

(19) + 1 = 20

Sep 27, 2015 6:33 pm
(OOC: thanks for the comma tip. I wanted to avoid having the rolls listed on multiple lines in the "Rolls" section; it just seemed unnecessary space. I guess I'm sensitive to that after doing a lot of character generation where I've done a lot of rolls at once and they take up so much of the page. I'll use commas in future, though)
Sep 28, 2015 12:33 pm
(Ooc: I am going to assume Grandmaster can't post - reminder this is a post each day game). Also, I need to change some actions to provide a more logical sequence of events.

Only Eiden and Alanya hear the screams over the noise of the morning bustle. The party is weaving through the crowd in single file, and can only effectively communicate with the person adjacent to them.

Eiden acts first, he hears the out of place sound quite clearly and says, "I heard screams, let's see what's happening", and alerts Weylan and Alanya. Alanya nods, "Yes, I heard it too, I'll follow you." Eiden somehow disappears into the crowd and Alanya thinks *damn, lost him*.

Turning, Alanya says to Rufio, "Eiden has gone to investigate some screams to the south, we'd better follow." She then pauses and grabs Samej's arm. Samej, a Druid, is overwhelmed by the noise and bustle, much preferring the tranquility of the forest, and simply follows in compliance. Alanya, Rufio and Samej start heading south, with Alanya leading them towards the sounds.

Meanwhile, near the front of the party Weylan hears Eiden's exclamation that there are screams, but is also mesmerized by Feylinde's rear, and decides to follow her. Seneia, Szent, Feylinde and Weylan continue to weave their way towards the Singing Sword. Only Weylan is aware that the party has separated.

We are now operating by rounds. Roll initiative.
Sep 28, 2015 12:41 pm
Rolling for initiative.

Rolls

Initiative - (1d20+2)

(18) + 2 = 20

Sep 28, 2015 12:48 pm
Rolling for Initiative

Rolls

Initiative - (1d20)

(8) = 8

Sep 28, 2015 1:45 pm
OOC: Initiative
Last edited September 28, 2015 1:45 pm

Rolls

Initiative - (1d20+1)

(15) + 1 = 16

Sep 28, 2015 2:25 pm

Rolls

Initiative - (1d20+1)

(10) + 1 = 11

Sep 28, 2015 3:10 pm

Rolls

Initiative - (1d20+2)

(6) + 2 = 8

Sep 28, 2015 3:53 pm
Merlin says:
Weylan hears Eiden's exclamation that there are screams, but is also mesmerized by Feylinde's rear, and decides to follow her.
(OOC: Mesmerized by Feylinde's rear - seems like this halfling is really having trouble with his teenage hormones!

Raising his gaze from what's at his eye level, Weylan attempts to catch up to Feylinde and grab her hand.
"Feylinde! Elden heard screams, and he's left us to see what's going on! Szent might want to know, too, and Seneia!"
Last edited September 28, 2015 3:53 pm

Rolls

Initiative - (1d20+2)

(20) + 2 = 22

Sep 28, 2015 9:28 pm
*I hate dealing with crowds. I wish people would watch where they are walking.*

Rolls

Initiative [+2] - (1d20+2)

(1) + 2 = 3

Sep 28, 2015 10:17 pm
Taking up the rear, Semaj keeps his eyes pealed (perception) hoping nothing gets a drop on us.

Oops, too late (Initiative)

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+4)

(7) + 4 = 11

Initiative - (1d20+1)

(19) + 1 = 20

Sep 28, 2015 11:47 pm
"What?" said Feylinde to the halfling. She was worried by Weylan warning, watching behind him and not seeing anyone. She turned to Szent and almost running tried to reach and warn him and Seneia too.
Quote:
OOC: i dunno if i can do it or have to wait for initiative order ^_^
Sep 29, 2015 12:14 am
The initiative order is: Weylan, Seneia, Samej, Rufio, Feylinde, Alanya, Eiden, Szent.

Weylan immediately alerts Feylinde that half the party has taken a detour. (Seneia, Szent, Feylinde, Weylan may act independently of initiative but stick to rounds so we keep in sync).

Eiden melds effortlessly with the crowd and moves towards to the sounds. Alanya loses sight of him, but tunes to the sounds and guides Samej and Rufio in that direction. The distance is actually short, and suddenly the four are looking down an alley narrow enough to be shaded despite the morning sun. You spy a cloaked halfling cornered by three equally shady humans.

Initiative order: Halfling, Samej, Rufio, Alanya, Humans, Eiden

The halfling is wildly waving his sword yelling, "Get away from me, help, anybody, help."

Please post your actions.

Merlin sent a note to Naatkinson

Rolls

Shady humans - initiative - (1d20+2)

Halfling - initiative - (1d20+4)

Sep 29, 2015 1:32 am
Walking into the alley, I use my "charm person" on the nearest thug.

(wisdom saving throw)
Sep 29, 2015 2:40 am
The thug feels a compulsion...

Rolls

Wisdom saving throw - (1d20)

(16) = 16

Sep 29, 2015 2:57 am
Elden will draw his mace and advance to where the thugs can see him, "I think it's time to stop this, there's no need for violence. Just let him go and we can all walk out of here without resorting to bloodshed," he says soothingly, holding his mace, but not presenting it in a threatening manner.

He prepares to defend himself or the little one if things get dicey.

OOC: Readying an action to attack the first thug that makes a bad move
Last edited September 29, 2015 3:03 am

Rolls

Persuasion to get them to stop - (1d20+2)

(13) + 2 = 15

Potential attack - (1d20+4)

(2) + 4 = 6

Potential damage - (1d6+2)

(4) + 2 = 6

Sep 29, 2015 5:51 am
Weylan yells: "Feylinde, they went this way! Come on! Someone's in trouble!"

With that, Weylan pulls on Feylinde's hand to lead her through the crowd toward Elden before he loses sight of which way he went completely. Being so short, it's hard to keep track of people in a crowd...and it's hard for others to keep track of him. If Feylinde comes along, hopefully the others will be able to spot Feylinde's flaming red hair in the crowd (OOC: although so many of the party have red hair it might not be that uncommon here) so they can follow.

Let us know when Weylan (and Feylinde, perhaps) arrive with the others.
Sep 29, 2015 6:57 am
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/98/f6/2c/98f62c396958fe15b248fa2c495b99b9.jpg

"I hope you're looking for trouble, because you just found it!" Rufio bows mockingly before walking right up to the closest human and getting right in his face.
OOC: Readied action - If any of the humans act aggressively (and I don't just mean attack - I mean if they show any aggression, even if it's just trying to intimidate right back) then Rufio enters Rage, punches the guy in the face and then attempts to grapple him (Tavern brawler feat grants a bonus grapple whenever Rufio hits with an unarmed attack or improvised weapon).

Rolls

Intimidation - (1d20+1)

(11) + 1 = 12

Punch in the face - (1d20+3)

(6) + 3 = 9

Punch damage if it hits (includes rage damage) - (1d4+5)

(4) + 5 = 9

Grapple attempt if the punch hits (granted by Tavern brawler feat) - (1d20+5)

(2) + 5 = 7

load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.