Recommendation -- post your XP spend here...

load previous
Jan 21, 2017 3:59 pm
Ok.. my sense is Marc will have had some contact with Hethan Romund and has come to her seeking advice. This gives him a reason to be on Spintir -- though he doesn't know where she is precisely.

Joka -- I may swing you in some of the fun happening downtown.
Jan 28, 2017 11:28 pm
As we go through adventures and level up, I'll flesh Marc out more fully. He's not going to be very good at much starting out right now but he'll build up to it. I just don't have enough xp right now to give him the skills as a Makasi Duelist to be a face type character and have him good at, well anything else, too much MAD. I switched him to a Niman Disciple and built him with a Light Side Darth Maul theme. I don't want to be a drag on the group and from what I've seen so far, there's not a tremendous amount of social stuff going on so far in the past two adventures. I'd like to enhance his brawling abilities for storyline purposes (for the Way of the Iron Fist), I'd really want to try use hand to hand fighting in melee combat, only falling back onto lightsaber skills when I have to or maybe blend the two styles if that's possible. I know that doesn't help the group much so if that's going to upset anyone I'll put it on the back burner. It's going to be a while before he can do much with the Force but he'll help in whatever way he can and once we get more xp, he'll get stronger.
Last edited January 31, 2017 10:10 am
Jan 30, 2017 6:13 am
So yeah, I didn't put any points into ranged heavy, (didn't match my backstory) so my method of ranged support is going to be spray and pray :)
Jan 30, 2017 8:35 pm
Future Plans: Marc will work down the Niman Disciple tree, then Mystic Seer (this is to honor his mother), then the enhance tree, trying to get to the Enhance: Brawl power, so he can put some "Force" behind his punches. I know that Brawl is kind of a weak skill when you are dealing with blasters and melee weapons that can punch right through you, but I'm just trying to have fun here. Depending on how long we play, Marc would like to find an old temple of the Way of the Iron Fist and restore it, hoping to turn Darksiders toward the Light. I know that's WAY down the road though :)
Last edited January 31, 2017 10:30 pm
Feb 1, 2017 12:55 am
Note: I've asked Abels and Tsavo to get their characters to +45XP from base and with a lightsaber. This should make them on par with Mal.
Feb 1, 2017 8:47 am
So, Baron Aiken uses Darth Tyrannus's old lightsaber and a Shoto lightsaber, which is why he was willing to give up his double-bladed lightsaber to Marc (of course, he made Marc earn it). Nez modified Marc's new lightsaber but encourage Marc to continue following the Way of the Iron Fist, incorporating lightsaber skills with hand-to-hand combat.
Feb 1, 2017 11:38 pm
I've adjusted my character:

Toughened (5 xp)
Gearhead (5 xp)
Grit (10 xp)

Force: Move
Force: Sense

I added a "Basic Lightsaber". I assume that's correct. Should I change it to "Lightsaber"?

I banked 5 xp for later.
Feb 2, 2017 12:27 am
OOC:
Tsavo, can you repair Droids?
Feb 2, 2017 12:38 am
My guy's a solid mechanic. He doesn't have talents which specifically make him better than any other mechanic at droid repair, but sure I guess.
Feb 2, 2017 2:09 am
Good, I have a hunting droid. He's not for combat, he's to help hunt. I don't have anything except a couple of emergency repair patches to keep him up and running. His name is Helvar and he's been in my character's life for, well, I guess since his earliest memories so he's pretty attached to him.
Feb 2, 2017 7:58 pm
Tsavo says:

Toughened (5 xp)
Gearhead (5 xp)
Grit (10 xp)

I added a "Basic Lightsaber". I assume that's correct. Should I change it to "Lightsaber"?

I banked 5 xp for later.
Acknowledged -- either way re: Lightsaber works for me. Ultimately it's the stats (rather than the name) that'll matter.
Feb 2, 2017 8:30 pm
falryx says:
Tsavo says:

Toughened (5 xp)
Gearhead (5 xp)
Grit (10 xp)

I banked 5 xp for later.
Acknowledged -- either way re: Lightsaber works for me. Ultimately it's the stats (rather than the name) that'll matter.
Yeah, and the stats are a good bit better on the Lightsaber. That's why I asked. I didn't want to presume and just take it.
Feb 2, 2017 10:35 pm
yah -- the basic one which is "ok" but not awesome is the way to go.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.