Recommendation -- post your XP spend here...

load previous
Feb 2, 2016 6:22 pm
I'm okay using extended rulebooks. It's safe to assume I have them, or can easily acquire them under duress. :) Pretty sure I have Keeping the Peace, as an example.
Feb 2, 2016 6:29 pm
Tell me if Power Nexus is something I should purchase...
Feb 2, 2016 6:37 pm
I'll definitely buy it. Seems like a must-have for a Force user campaign sourcebook.
Apr 27, 2016 4:10 am
Hey, so I've accumulated a good pool of XP and finally made my hopeful tweaks to Dagger. I had a good number of XP to spend so I bought my way into the Ataru Striker tree under Seeker. Since this wasn't within my career it was 30 XP. I had enough left over to purchase Jump Up in the Ataru Striker tree, as well as the Ataru Technique, so my lightsaber attacks now use my Agility modifier, instead of Brawn. That was 15 more XP.

When I took Ataru Striker I also gained Athletics, Coordination, Lightsaber, and Perception as career skills. I then used my remaining 5 XP to bump my Lightsaber (Agility) skill from 0 to 1.

I'm finally capable in close quarters combat!
Apr 27, 2016 2:29 pm
Falryx approved me to trade in the Ace Specialization for the Shii-Cho Knight Specialization. It makes more sense for how Urik is developing. Depending on how the party dynamics work out moving forward, I may still invest in Ace or at least some Piloting ranks.

This time around, I saved my 10xp. Add that to my 20xp to get 30 total to spend.

I spent:
5 to take the Toughened Talent from the Shii-Cho tree (+2 Wounds)
10 to take 2 ranks of the Parry Talent from the Shii-Cho tree (take 2 Strain to reduce damage of melee attack by 2+ranks in Parry)
10 for the Sense Advantage Talent from the Aggressor tree (Once per session, add 2 black to one NPC skill check)
5 to take one rank in Lightsaber.

Urik is shaping up into a strong, aggressive fighter with a new motivation. His previous motivation was Revenge, but Dagger killed Malefax, so that revenge was denied Urik. He has refocused and now wants to rid the Galaxy of those like Malefax; he wants to hunt Dark Force Users. This went in a slightly different direction than I was planning, but I'm pretty happy with it.
Apr 27, 2016 2:35 pm
Remnant says:
Tell me if Power Nexus is something I should purchase...
I've got this book, by the way. I think it's super helpful to me as a GM, but I don't think it adds value to a player. There's a couple more character races in it (none of them particularly speak to me). The new equipment is all either artifacts (e.g. something players probably shouldn't get) or non-Force items (e.g. it doesn't have a bunch of new lightsaber mods, etc.). And there aren't any new powers or insights into the Force, per se.

I've used it extensively to model the tests you guys are going through, but as a player -- I don't think it's worth the $$ unless you intend to GM Force and Destiny one day.
Apr 27, 2016 2:40 pm
falryx says:
I've used it extensively to model the tests you guys are going through, but as a player -- I don't think it's worth the $$ unless you intend to GM Force and Destiny one day.
Agreed. I own it as well, but I bought it specifically for a couple GM reasons. I am running a game here on GP that is a sort of Indiana Jones themed game. None of the PCs are force users, but the NPC they work for is an archaeologist searching for lost Jedi artifacts. I will also likely be running an F&D campaign for my face to face group in the future.
Apr 29, 2016 6:55 pm
Purchasing Additional Specialization outside my career Mystic Seer -30XP. Rank 1 Light Saber -5XP.
Apr 29, 2016 6:57 pm
Remnant says:
Purchasing Additional Specialization outside my career Mystic Seer -30XP. Rank 1 Light Saber -5XP.
Intriguing! Heyop goes Mystic is an interesting twist!
Apr 29, 2016 7:04 pm
Well they did say learn to use the Force... This specialization works the best I think from the ones available for what I figure he would move towards.
Apr 30, 2016 4:54 am
I mostly just looked for what allowed me to use agility for my light saber. :)
May 5, 2016 3:06 pm
Spending 10xp to take the first rank of Control for the Enhance force power tree. This allows Urik to take the Force Leap action and leap to any location in short range.

Spending 5xp to take the first rank of Control tree allowing Urik to use the Enhance power on Resilience checks.
May 5, 2016 3:25 pm
Spent 10 xp in the Ataru Striker Tree. 1 Rank in Parry, and Quick Draw.

Still have 5 XP left I'm looking into spending at some point.
Dec 29, 2016 7:09 pm
Hi all. Thanks for having me.

I'll be putting a character together tonight, but was wondering if you had any suggestions or if the group had any holes (skill wise) that might need to be filled.
Dec 29, 2016 7:13 pm
Csillag is Human Consular with a Healer specialization if that helps. She's very good at getting knocked unconscious during combat.
Dec 29, 2016 8:05 pm
I'm toying with Sluissi Guardian Armorer. Gives us a mechanic but a secondary fighter too. He could even do some rudimentary slicing in a pinch. With a high enough intellect he could even revive the healer when she gets plunked on the head mid-fight.

I assume we are not in possession of lightsabers, is that correct? Just wondering so I can allot skill points more wisely.
Dec 29, 2016 8:07 pm
Csillag has a light saber that she built as part of the adventure to this point. So far it hasn't gotten any use.
Dec 29, 2016 8:28 pm
The three remaining characters each have a lightsaber as a result of stuff we've done over the past year or so (has it been that long?!)
Dec 29, 2016 8:41 pm
September of 2015 was when you created the starter adventure threads so yeah.
Last edited December 29, 2016 8:42 pm
Dec 29, 2016 9:15 pm
Long running game! Love it.

I want to have my character fit in as seamlessly as possible. Last thing I want is to disrupt the good thing you've got going. So, should I assume my guy has a lightsaber when he meets the crew or should he work toward it? I'm happy with whatever works for the story.

Also, any feedback on my initial build would be helpful too. Don't hesitate to suggest something better. I'm by no means married to it.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.