Recommendation -- post your XP spend here...

load previous
Dec 30, 2016 5:48 am
I am a hot shot pilot/ataru master. so I can fly and fight
Jan 3, 2017 4:37 pm
Tsavo. Your basic character looks solid.

Have you read through any of the game threads so far? If not, I'll recap some important points and we can use those as touchstones to figure out how you join this crew. :)
Jan 3, 2017 7:32 pm
I started to, but didn't get far. I'd love a recap if it's not too much to ask.

Thanks!
Last edited January 3, 2017 7:32 pm
Jan 3, 2017 8:27 pm
It's not to much to ask by any stretch.

Basically -- the group is here on Spintir due to a call for help from an old mentor of theirs (Hethan Romund). Their journey took them to the Dawn Temple - an abandoned jedi temple - where they rescued their mentor (and killed her tormentor). They've spent a bit of time tidying up the Dawn Temple -- but discovered that the temple requires 3 holocrons to operate at full capability. 1 holocron was in place, another was recovered and the team are on the hunt for the 3rd.

Between the 2nd and 3rd holocron, the team ventured to Phemis to find a small cache of lightsaber crystals. They endured tests of the Force and got out after a fight with a bunch of Imperials. Mal, the latest addition to the team, had also been on Phemis for the same reason, but had been caught and presumed to be part of the party -- so he was imprisoned on the ship as the Imperials laid their trap.

Everyone's back on Spintir -- the 3rd holocron was located and Dagger, being the impetuous one he is -- basically wandered in with his lightsaber. The team was doing well, only to come across another group of people who appear to be after the same artifact. Many stun blasts fly...

...and that's where we currently are.
Jan 3, 2017 8:36 pm
Very cool! Thank you.

Looking forward to lending a helping hand.
Last edited January 3, 2017 8:37 pm
Jan 3, 2017 8:58 pm
So the question that comes to mind -- is Joka on Spintir? If so, why? Does he know Hethan Romund (and was he just late to the party)? Or is there some other tie?

I think working out the details will help us flesh out the appropriate XP/equipment for Joka.
Jan 3, 2017 10:01 pm
I'm open to whatever makes the most sense for the group and the story. I'm happy to fit in and develop from there.

That said, I can think of a few possibilities for consideration. If he knows Hethan Romond, I'd assume it to be as a former student. Maybe, in that case, he was drawn back to Spintir by the force due to the distress surrounding his former mentor, and the nature of the events surrounding the temple and the holocrons.

If he doesn't know Hethan Romond, perhaps he has been tracking the adversarial group knowing them to be after a holocron, or other force artifacts, but not for good reasons. As a Guardian he might see it as his responsibility to protect the force from people such as these by preventing them from getting their hands on any Jedi artifacts.

Just some initial ideas. Not married to any of them, and happy to entertain others that anyone else might have.
Jan 3, 2017 10:04 pm
if he's playing a force sensitive bounty hunter type, we can work out why he's chasing the other guys pretty easily
Jan 3, 2017 10:18 pm
He's a guardian armorer...

Some thoughts:

(1) he could be the buyer for the adversarial group. although not very 'jedi' it could nonetheless get the job done (and liberate a force artifact from Imperial hands).

(2) he could be tracking the adversarial group having investigated the buyer and trying to intercept the job (or perhaps follow them back to the buyer).
Jan 4, 2017 12:01 am
Given the choice, I prefer Joka to be working against the adversarial group more overtly. Tracking, investigating, intercepting, thwarting all sounds good. Acting as a buyer is less preferable. I'm open to it, but just weighing in. Giving money to these cretins, even if it does good by removing an artifact from their possession doesn't sit well.

But it works.
Last edited January 4, 2017 12:01 am
Jan 4, 2017 12:14 am
Careful... :) two of the cretins have characters in this group too. ;)
Jan 4, 2017 12:15 am
Ah, I misunderstood the nature of the adversarial group hahaha. Apologies to all.

I was under the impression that the group was fighting a crew of NPCs. Sorry.

In that case, I'm happy with either of the scenarios you spelled out previously.
Last edited January 4, 2017 12:16 am
Jan 4, 2017 12:24 am
The other group is basically a non-lethal bounty-hunting group. I'm experimenting with cross-campaign interaction. It'd work better if I didn't have people on both sides of the fence, but it's still going well enough that I won't swear off it.
Jan 7, 2017 9:40 pm
Sorry for not posting sooner. Had some family problems I've been dealing with. I'll be on here now. Looking forward to gaming with you guys.
Jan 8, 2017 10:57 pm
No worries! Welcome aboard.
Jan 8, 2017 10:57 pm
Abel and Tsavo -- do you guys wanna give a quick overview on background you imagine for your characters?
Jan 9, 2017 1:30 pm
Growing up, typical of many Sluissi, Joka loved to tinker. Engines were fun, but his true passion lay with gadgets. He loved playing with modable armor and weapons. He wasn't the destructive or violent type, it was just that those devices held a certain allure. Like the kid who loves playing with toy soldiers but thinks war is stupid.

At a young age he was discovered to be force sensitive.
OOC:
Not sure if I should include any formal training in his backgrounbd so I'll leave that part out. Happy to fill in this section of his history with whatever works best for our story. Formal training, informal training, or just wandering the galaxy in search of guidance and understanding.
As he grew in both ability and experience, he discovered the wider galaxy and discovered its propensity for cruelty as well as kindness, horror as well as beauty. He found within himself a need, more so than a desire, to protect those who could not protect themselves.

Normally a calm, rational, and slow to judge person, Joka learned that brutality, bullying, and dominance over the weak quickly triggered the anger within him that he usually managed to master.

His focus on his craft helped him create a reason to travel and keep him in credits. He loved the praise he would sometimes receive for a job well done. It wasn't an ego thing, he just gained a great deal of satisfaction from a job well done. Knowing others liked the work he did brought him genuine joy. If the galaxy were a calmer, safer place for the innocent, he would happily settle somewhere and open a shop. Or, maybe travel doing odd jobs along the way in the hopes of seeing more of what the galaxy had on offer. There were some quite remarkable places to behold!

But the force kept guiding him back to the weak and those who would abuse them. It was in that capacity that he found himself most often engaged in recent months/years. (Which, in whatever way makes sense for the group, brings him on a path to run into the group at the jedi temple).
OOC:
Let me know if there isn't enough there. I'll happily add whatever is needed.
Jan 13, 2017 10:46 pm
Marc was raised as a prince on the world of Corulag. His father, King Paul Remillard is an Imperial Dark Adept while his mother, Teresa was a Nightsister. Marc's mother, the Nightsister Seer Teresa foresaw potential that her son could save their planet. She performed dangerous rituals on her son, infusing the essence of two powerful Bardottan Sphere artificats into him to increase his powers in the Force and began training him in the art of Battle Meditation. Teresa planned for Marc to one day command the forces of Corulag in wars of conquest to expand her power. After Marc drew the attention of the Emperor, Teresa received a Force Vision that her plans would come to naught and that Marc would be twisted into one of Emperor Palpatine's dark creatures. Nez, Marc's secret mentor in the way of the Iron Fist has been trying to steer Marc away from the Dark Side. Nez is captured after initiating Marc into way of the Iron Fist. Marc enlisted the aid of Lana, a waitress that he met while Nez was attempting to arrange passage for them off world. Marc manages to rescue Nez but then Lana betrays Marc. Queen Teresa intervenes, helping Marc in escaping from the Emperor's agents, intending to flee with him and setup a base of power outside the reach of the Empire. However, Teresa is wounded in the battle to get away. Marc and Nez escape on the royal yacht, taking the captured Lana with them. Teresa dies from her wounds on board the vessel as the group escapes Corulag. Marc decides to gather power and return to Corulag to overthrow his father King Paul and end his tyranny.

OOC: I have a 14 page back story with much more detail, but I figured I'd summarize.
Last edited January 30, 2017 5:02 am
Jan 16, 2017 7:04 pm
ok -- any reason for the two of you to have crossed paths and put together any kind of friendship? It'll be easier if I introduce you as a duo rather than as two singletons, but I can come up with the latter if you don't think there is room for alignment in backstory prior to arriving on spintir.
Jan 16, 2017 8:45 pm
I hate to say it, but although Marc's backstory is certainly interesting, I can't see a way in which Joka would have associated with any of it. Not trying to be difficult, but there is a lot of Dark Side and power seeking.

If it's a lot more work coming up with reasons for us to be there separately, I'm happy to make some suggestions. I just don't want to tread on your story/plans.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.