Recommendation -- post your XP spend here...

load previous
Nov 15, 2015 8:13 pm
Talent trees allow you to buy any skill at the top rank at any time. A skill further down may only be purchased if one or more of the upstream skills have been purchased. So, for example you could buy all four top skills at (I believe) 5xp apiece for 20XP. Or you could buy two at the top and one of the second rank (for 10XP) with the same 20 XP spend.

Make sense?
Nov 15, 2015 8:14 pm
I'm away from my books and operating on memory. If that doesn't help I'll post again tonight!
Nov 16, 2015 3:39 am
Okay. In the CRB seeker:hunter is on 88.

Spaceseeker, reviewing your scenario you have it right at the end. You can take Toughened Rank 1 (5) and then take Rapid Recovery (5) and Toughened Rank 2(10). Your total spend would be 20xp. You could take Hunter Rank 1 (5) and Expert Tracker Rank 1 (10) and Toughened Rank 2 (10) if you wanted. This would have your total spend be 30 xp. You could easily add another rank of expert tracker for just 5 xp.

Make sense?
Nov 16, 2015 4:44 am
I should stop making page references; I have the beta rulebook, rather than the final version.

OK, thanks for the verification. Here's what I'm selecting:
Rapid Recovery (5), Hunter 1 (5), Expert Tracker 1 (5), Toughened 1 (5), and Hunter 2 (10).
Nov 16, 2015 5:15 am
Acknowledged!

Time for me to read up on 'em.
Nov 16, 2015 5:24 am
On strength and weakness, spaceseeker, you should pick 74 or 12. The strength and weakness are coupled to make the most sense. On the other hand if the way you rolled works for you, let's do that. So:

Ambition/greed
Love/jealousy
Ambition/jealousy
Nov 16, 2015 7:52 am
Ah, I see! I'll go with Ambition/Greed, because I am currently playing a character in another game where the love angle is a big complication. I'm also playing a greedy character in yet another game, but that hasn't come into play so much yet.

Now I just need to figure out what Kaveri's Ambition is...
Nov 16, 2015 2:57 pm
FYI: I declined the XP for Urik. He didn't really participate in any of the action, and I feel like he belongs at the level he is for now.

I'm not worried about falling behind. I think Urik should be a bit behind everyone both on an RP level (he's quite young) and on a practical game level (he missed the action, so no XP yet).
Nov 16, 2015 4:23 pm
Idk, he stomped Malefax's corpse quite handily.
Nov 16, 2015 8:48 pm
I ended up spending 15XP to raise Csillag's Medicine Skill from 2 to 3.
Jan 28, 2016 9:22 pm
Of the 20 xp we just got, I spent 10 of it to get my Well Rounded skill. That lets me add in two new career skills. I added Ranged (Light) and Piloting (Space) to my list. I then raised each of the ranks of those from 0 to 1, which was my other 10 XP.

20 xp spent total.
Jan 29, 2016 1:00 am
I'm going with:
Spending 05 XP Rank 1 Athletics
Spending 05 XP Rank 1 Coordination
Spending 10 XP Rank 1 Dodge Talent
Spending 15 XP Rank 2 Quick Strike Talent

All XP used at this point.
Jan 29, 2016 2:46 pm
He question, could I retcon my last XP spend? I just realized I can spend XP to get into a new career specialization. I was thinking of expanding out. Or is it too late at this point?

If I still can I'm just going to sit on my 20 XP for now, I need another 10 to get into what I want. I want to go for the Seeker: Ataru Striker. I would need to spend 30XP to get the non-career specialization.

I mostly want to be able to use a lightsaber decently, so I need to work towards the Ataru technique so I can use my Agility for Lightsaber instead of Brawn. A build more suitable to my characters stats.
Last edited January 29, 2016 2:52 pm
Jan 29, 2016 4:23 pm
AS is pretty sweet, but since we don't have Light Sabers and skills he's still a really good first striker
Jan 29, 2016 5:08 pm
Mostly since we are working towards lightsaber I want to work my way towards that, otherwise even when I get one it will be pretty useless in my hands since my Brawn is so incredibly low. I'm great with guns, and eventually I'm going to still do the upgrade I tried to do here where I can bump two skills, so I could up my lightsaber skill too.

I'm trying to actually plot out a slight build shift for this character to at least make me capable with the lightsaber at some point. Probably still a shoto, hopefully two if we can work it out eventually.

Also, I should have looked through the Shadow skill tree to start, didn't realize it was pretty much just hiding and hacking based. Not really much fun actionable skills in that tree. So this will give me a "fun" skill tree to work with too.
Last edited January 29, 2016 5:15 pm
Jan 29, 2016 5:59 pm
I need to pore over the rulebook a bit, but I'm thinking of taking some sort of technical specialization. We don't have much of that, and I've got a notion that Urik would be digging around and learning a lot as we repair and upgrade the temple. He may have some interest in a slightly more elaborate lightsaber too.

Aggressor is a great combat specialization, but I'd like him to have a little more versatility. Some computers and mechanics might go a long way on that front.

Oh man, I didn't do this on purpose, but I just realized that I basically built out a young Kylo Ren. Rage and angst...oops XD
Jan 29, 2016 6:18 pm
We've now been canonized. Too bad Urik is going to fall to the dark side.
Jan 29, 2016 6:26 pm
I recently read the Sith Code for the first time.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion
Passion gives me strength
Strength give me power
Power gives me victory
Victory breaks my chains
The Force shall free me

First time I read it, I got chills. It scares me because its a credo I could get behind. So, depending how Urik's life goes, he may fall to the dark side. Compassion vs. Hate. Right now, Hate is most dominant in his heart. He still hates Malefax. But, now that the object of that hate is dead, the hate has turned inward, and he hates himself. This is part of why he's so attached to that sword. It has become talismanic. It is the physical representation of his parents' death, his hatred for the responsible party, and his own guilt, which has become internalized self-hate.

We'll see where it all goes...
Last edited January 29, 2016 6:28 pm
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.