Hm... seems like you're using IE. Can I suggest a better browser, such as Firefox, Chrome or Opera? There are other choices too.

If you wanna stick with IE, or can't switch, I'll warn you right now, while most of this site should work with IE, stuff might come up buggy, so you might not enjoy it as much...

Chapter Seven: The Stalemate At Loton's Cove

Aug 17, 2020 11:31 pm
The room erupts in screams as Zangua leaps onto the table, glaive raised. There is a flash of blue light as Zangua brings the glaive down and feels it bite into the wooden backrest of Gorham's chair; the glaive bounces strangely off of its target on the second swing, sparking another flash of light. There are screams from every direction -- stop, stop, what is this, don't, he'll kill us all, and so on. Zangua feels hands grasping at him, and an older man shoves his way in front of Gorham, obscuring Zangua's view of his target.

Domarc, it's bedlam in here, but you still get an action.
Aug 19, 2020 4:26 pm
With the scene being mass confusion, and wanting to ensure only the right people get hurt, Domarc will cast Hypnotic Pattern in the room.

WIS save, DC 15
Aug 19, 2020 4:29 pm
Zangua growls as he feels people interfering with his attacks, "What are you doing?!" His eyes glaze over as the colors fill the room.

Rolls

Wisdom Save - (1d20+3)

( 15 ) + 3 = 18

Aug 19, 2020 10:30 pm
"Stand clear! We must-" Felor's commands are interrupted by a blast of swirling colour that briefly appears in the room.

Rolls

WIS save - (1d20+6)

( 12 ) + 6 = 18

Aug 20, 2020 2:38 am
Scintillating colors fill the room. A gash from Zangua's glaive runs down the left side of Gorham's chest, from his shoulder to his ribcage. He pats it with his right hand, blinking at the colors.

Edit: "You, you...this will leave a scar," says Gorham, wagging a bloody finger at Zangua. "Perhaps it will suit me?"

He puts one foot on the edge of the table and kicks himself backwards through the open window as his supper companions stumble about and grope the air in confusion.

"He's blinded me!"

"Are we dead? Is this death?"

"Who was that? Tarlen? Did I see Tarlen? Tarlen, are you here!?"

Tarlen is pressed into the door frame, sickly pale, and silent.

Remaining party members, you can take an action now, but Gorham is no longer in your line of sight.

Rolls

Saving Throws

Aug 20, 2020 8:55 pm
Is there a door to outside, where Gohram went? Or is the only way out the window?
Aug 20, 2020 9:48 pm
There's a door on the left side of the room, but it doesn't look like it leads outside. The window seems to be the only way out of the entire house from this room.
Aug 22, 2020 6:09 am
Leth rushes toward the window and (if he can see Gorham, I'm assuming he's probably trying to fly away?) carefully lines up a shot at him with his bow.

(Maneuver: Distracting strike - When you hit a creature with a weapon attack, you can expend one superiority die to distract the creature, giving your allies an opening. You add the superiority die to the attack's damage roll. The next attack roll against the target by an attacker other than you has advantage if the attack is made before the start of your next turn.)

I just realized since Zangua hit him already, the colossus slayer damage could go through on the first hit, if it lands. It would stay on the second hit if not.
Last edited August 22, 2020 6:16 am, a total of 2 times

Rolls

attack roll - (1d20+10, 1d8+8)

1d20+10 - ( 10 ) + 10 = 20

1d8+8 - ( 5 ) + 8 = 13

superiority die - (1d8)

( 6 ) = 6

extra attack - (1d20+10, 1d8+8)

1d20+10 - ( 14 ) + 10 = 24

1d8+8 - ( 3 ) + 8 = 11

colossus slayer (only add if first attack hits) - (1d8)

( 6 ) = 6

Aug 23, 2020 7:57 pm
OOC:
LOL just realized I didn't do my wisdom saving throw for Hypnotic Pattern

Rolls

wisdom - (1d20+3)

( 18 ) + 3 = 21

Aug 24, 2020 5:19 pm
Leth rushes to the window and fires two arrows at a dark shape receding and ascending into the sky. Though he feels confident in his aim, it's too dark to tell if the arrows struck, and the shape keeps flying away into the night.

"Tarlen! What is this!? Who are these men!?"

A tall man with close-cropped red hair has found Tarlen and bellows at her with his hand clamped on her shoulder as she continues to press herself against the wall in shock. The man and woman seated at the left end of the table are on the floor together, clutching each other, while the older couple that had been seated at the right end stand off to the side, the man dabbing at his eyes, the woman staring fearfully out the window and blinking rapidly.

"It..it's Edvers' men," says the man on the ground. "They came just as he said they would."

"He'll kill us!" the woman in his arms wails. "He'll come back and kill us all!"

"Maybe not," the old man says. "We gave him what he wanted. The agreement was sealed. I think he will be a man of his word, despite this intrusion." He glares darkly at Tarlen, then fixes his eyes on Zangua. "Is it true? Are you the companions of Edvers Kells, and did this fool of a girl bring you into our house?"
Aug 24, 2020 6:54 pm
"You gave him...?" begins Zangua. "You gave him the damn ball?"
Aug 26, 2020 12:20 am
"Yes, that is us," nods Felor. "Now Gorham has what he wanted I doubt you are of any concern to him." He gestures to the window and looks at his companions, "Quick, before he escapes us again!"
Aug 26, 2020 4:55 pm
"We did not break our faith with Edvers lightly," the old man says. "We had no choice. He would have destroyed all of us, everything, this house, the cove..."

"And now for nothing! You really think he'll ignore this, Father?" says the man standing over Tarlen. "We laid an ambush for him, violated his guest rights. He'll be back. He'll be back with his witch-men to avenge himself."

"We must flee!" the woman on the ground says, sounding suddenly hopeful. "Into the sea. It is time."

"Enough! Loton himself did not forsake Bload, and neither shall we," says the old woman standing at the window. She looks at Tarlen. "You sensed it too, didn't you? The evil purpose behind his desire. I have never seen a man so possessed by want. And yet at clever as he was, none of his explanations satisfied me." Her gaze falls on Felor and the other party members in turn. "And you, you friends of Edvers, you have risked everything to keep the Iron Sphere from him, haven't you?" She rights a chair and sits back down at the table. "Tell me why you do this. What evil thing will come to pass if Gavrel Gorham takes possession of the Iron Sphere of Sthombo?"
Sep 4, 2020 5:04 pm
The party's silence hangs in the air. The old woman throws up her hands. "You don't know! Nobody knows!"

"I might," says a scratchy voice from back in the hallway. Behind you stands a woman approaching her middle years, in a nightdress. She reels as if drunk. She resembles Tarlen. "I took the ice on the second night," she continues. "I dreamed the dream he spoke of. On the third night I slept with it under my tongue."

The old man looks horrified. "Bernike! You should not have done that."

Bernike shuffles into the room. Tarlen tries to grab her arm, but Bernike shrugs her off and grips the back of a chair to steady herself. "They found a monster in the stars. They're going to feed Bload to it. The Sphere is the key that opens the gate and Gavrel is the star in the crown. I can still see it clearly."

"Mom--" Tarlen says, approaching her again.

"I can see the old blood, too...in a pool below the tomb...they all had the old blood, Ilhaz and...and all of them..." Bernike's words are faltering as she sinks against the chair. Her family looks on, aghast. "It's resting now, but in the old blood...the same blood...it will awaken...and that...that's why..."

Bernike falls to her knees and retches up a gout of clear water, then rolls on to her side. Her kin rush to her side, except for Farfar, the old man, who stands rigid behind the table. He is looking down at the floor, where the water that Bernike vomited up is already frozen solid, a smooth puddle of cloudy pinkish-white ice.

"I told him how to find the Sphere," Farfar growls under his breath. "But he doesn't have it yet."
Sep 4, 2020 5:39 pm
"The tomb," repeats Zangua, pushing through Bernike's kin to get to her side. "The ice! Old woman, is it in the ice?!"
Sep 4, 2020 5:47 pm
Bernike shivers as the others try to warm and wake her. Somebody tries to push Zangua away, but Bernike seems to hear him, muttering "The Pharate...is safe...in the ice...resting."
Sep 4, 2020 6:04 pm
Zangua instinctively pushes back. "Who is the Pharate? Where are they? Why do I dream of them?"
Sep 10, 2020 12:04 am
Felor steps to Farfar's side. "Where is it? We can still stop him," he says urgently, in a low voice.
Sep 10, 2020 7:24 am
"There is a place at the bottom of the ocean, a temple to Nethuns more ancient than any other, and only the hand of a merfolk can guide one there," the old man says quietly. "I told Gorham to come to the cove at dawn, and how to signal the merfolk, and what words to recite to identify himself as one of the descendants of Loton. Words that I have never spoken to any man or woman not of my own blood." He drops his head for a moment as if stricken by shame.

Bernike, meanwhile, becomes unresponsive. The family crowds around her and tries to get her upright. Zangua's shouts are ignored.

"I told Gorham to come at dawn," Farfar says again. "But I can take you to the merfolk right now."
Sep 10, 2020 11:17 pm
Felor moves closer to Bernike, attempting to assess her condition.
Last edited September 10, 2020 11:17 pm, a total of 1 time

Rolls

Medicine - (1d20+6)

( 7 ) + 6 = 13

43 of 44
<< First < 41 42 43 44 >

Thread locked