Against the Cult: Party at the Mill (1.1)

load previous
Dec 8, 2015 4:35 pm
Klak is no stranger to parties that involve stew and beer and he partakes happily, losing at least 10 copper pieces in games of chance to people who have a much firmer grasp on odds than he does. From time to time he thinks to ask about whether or not a holy warrior lives in the town -- for the time when he could use some pointers on channeling Clangeddin's righteous battle axe.
Dec 8, 2015 5:06 pm
"They told me that a brother of the high country was here. I am happy to see that it is true."

Late in the evening Klak hears this voice at his elbow, and he turns to see a dwarf with burning eyes smiling at him.

"May your valor rival the depth of your beard, in the name of Silverbeard, brother. I am Njall Magnusson."

Klak is surprised to see not only another mountain dwarf, but apparently another paladin of Clangeddin (your class trainer).
Dec 8, 2015 5:08 pm
I happily take any coin Klak offers. It's almost too easy, I nearly feel sorry for the poor dwarf.
Dec 9, 2015 10:14 am
Morgran slammed a gold coin onto the counter, not budging from his spot until he'd made some progress with the weak, non-dwarven ale. The orphanage always had some around, as good drink promotes a fighting spirit.

He notices Njall and thinks to listen in, pausing his heavy consumption to see if something important might call for his attention.

Rolls

Why not, Con save. - (1d20+3, 1d20+3)

1d20+3 : (11) + 3 = 14

1d20+3 : (10) + 3 = 13

Dec 10, 2015 5:52 am
Klak greets his brother-in-arms with a ritual bump of the forearms. "Hello brother! I didn't realize there were more of us above ground than, well, me!" Klak uses the interruption to stop losing coppers to the perky gnome, suspecting her vision of gold may have been at the expense of his money pouch.

Njall -- perhaps much to his displeasure -- will be regaled with what news Klak can provide and, of course, a hearty recounting or two of the valor of Fus Bardagaskegga (and Klak's own journey to find his fabled weapon to prove his worth back home).
Dec 10, 2015 11:41 pm
Biscuitfiend says:
Morgran will greet the strangers around him, and ask what they know about the man called Black.

"Who be th'villian Black? What ye of this villiage know of him?"
Various people tell you various things at the party at the Inn of Eternal Rest.

Her eyes wide, Lienne tells you: "Black? Black is a half-giant sorcerer, and he aims to conquer all of the Southern Reaches, from Hookhill to here! He's been fouling the water in Orlane with powerful spells, and now he's abducting women here in Hochoch for his foul spells!"

Blackguard Wilson, already deep in his horn, says: "Th' say th' Black ish a prince, a grandshun of th' ol' Gran' Duke, who longsh tooo reclaim his rightful place on th' thrown o' th' Gran Dusshy, but dush not haff th' shupport of narmy. So he'sh trying t'shtart war 'tween Keoland and th' Gran Dusshy ash hish firsh shtep in hish path to th' thrown."

(edited to make Blackguard even more ridiculously drunk)

Rolls

Rumors about Black - (2d6)

(63) = 9

Dec 11, 2015 4:18 am
By spending an entire eagle, Morgran is supplied with drink the whole night through, and by the end he has matched drinks with Blackguard, has arm-wrestled Cormac, sung raucous songs (some of which are dwarvish hymns), broke a trestle table over his head, found and punched a cow, traded hilarious insults with...with somebody...and passed out across the threshold like any self-respecting devotee of Kord would do.

Xana, meanwhile, has earned some coin from Klak and others.
Klak loses 10 cubs, Xana gains 5 seals and 13 cubs.

In case you missed it: Currency of Keoland

Rolls

Gambling winnings from rubes - (1d10+3)

(5) + 3 = 8

Dec 11, 2015 4:26 am
Aanbo spends some time listening to the conversations. Towards the end of the night, he retires to his room (shared with whomever is willing) and settles in. He sleeps on the floor, on his bedroll, in accordance with his practice.
Dec 11, 2015 12:22 pm
I happily add the pile of coin to my collection, counting it over 3 times before going to bed and dreaming of future riches.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.