0.1 | Riverthanks in Heirwater

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

load previous
Oct 23, 2015 2:35 pm
i don't know my little calfling. Why don't you stick your head in it and we'll see just how much luck you have. I giggle. "Oh, no, but it's very pretty isn't it?" I look him in the eyes and smile before moving quickly away from him.
Oct 23, 2015 2:36 pm
[Passes a few notes, waits to see how the conversation with Xulara and Tosher shakes out.]
smrvl sent a note to Naatkinson,Friar_Tuk
Oct 23, 2015 2:39 pm
Tosher chuffs, then gripping his war hammer a little tighter turns and walks to the nearest gaurd. "You, where is the statue I must touch for luck. My patients is wearing thin, speak quickly."
Oct 23, 2015 2:39 pm
Friar_Tuk sent a note to smrvl
Oct 23, 2015 2:48 pm
The guard goggles at Tosher, nudging his fellow Fortesqueue. "Oy, look at that, Wilfred! That cow-man just talked at me!"

Wilfred shakes his head, "Corey, you idiot. That ain't a cow-man, that's a mini-tar. I learned about them in school, I did. Smart as people, they say!"

"No, really? Smart as people, even?"

"Oh, yes," Wilfred replies, puffing out his chest, "not as clever, however, or as large as the MAXI-tar. Now that's something to really see. Big enough to blot out the sun, and ever so h'intelligent!"

"I never even heared of such a thing! Wilfred, you know everything, don't you?"

"Well, I DID go to two whole years of school, Corey--when you've had learning such as myself, you come to realize--"

smrvl sent a note to Friar_Tuk
Oct 23, 2015 2:54 pm
It's a wonder these two ever survived long enough in this world to become guard of anything. He would gladly have crushed their skulls under his hoof in the Circus, he thinks to himself.

"Tell me of the statue, or I shall break your arms, though I doubt that would hinder your fighting capabilities much", he snarls.
Last edited October 23, 2015 2:55 pm

Rolls

Intimidation (+6) - (1d20+6)

(10) + 6 = 16

Oct 23, 2015 2:55 pm
While the antics of the Minotaur (a rare site in the city) are an interesting diversion, Jean is here on business. He turns and heads for the College of Magic to speak with a contact regarding potential trade opportunities.

OOC: I'm comfortable throwing out color and purpose into the narrative (such as mentioning the "contact"). If you are not comfortable with me doing so, or if something I say contradicts the narrative, let me know.
Last edited October 23, 2015 2:56 pm
Oct 23, 2015 2:55 pm
Wisdom saving throw vs. intimidation

Rolls

Wisdom saving throw - (1d20+0)

(14) = 14

Oct 23, 2015 2:57 pm
OOC: Everything I'm saying in notes is something you're welcome to bring into the game/narrative at any time!
Oct 23, 2015 2:59 pm
Corey and Wilfred cower backwards. "Er—there's statues over by the College O' Magic! Thataways!" They point to the right, at the shady grove with a semicircle of marble statuary gleaming in the dappled light.

OOC: And here's where we pause... or at least, I do. Gotta go to a meeting! The adventure will continue (and get pretty snazzy) in an hour or two. Thanks, all!
Oct 23, 2015 3:05 pm
Tosher thanklessly turns and stomps off towards the statues the guard had mentioned. His hooves clatter across the cobblestones as he walks.
Oct 23, 2015 3:26 pm
Eldrick, having seen what happened with the guards, approaches them and flashes his officer's insignia at them, "What's the matter with you fools? When someone asks a question, especially a minotaur," he emphasizes the race's correct name, "just answer it, don't be an idiot... now get back to work!" he growls at them.

Naatkinson sent a note to smrvl

Rolls

Intimidation on the guards [Advantage](+2 if you'll allow it to be based on my str mod in this case) - (1d20, 1d20)

1d20 : (13) = 13

1d20 : (2) = 2

Secret Roll

Oct 23, 2015 3:32 pm
OOC: Per Friar_Tuk's excellent point over here, we're going to switch the format here slightly... I'll wait until all five players have a chance to respond before resolving actions, unless you specifically state you're engaged in an activity that allows the story to go on without you. It'll slow our roll a bit, but my pledge to you as DM is that the game will still be awesome. Or... will become awesome, if it isn't right now. You know, whatever.
Oct 23, 2015 6:50 pm
OOC again: Fair warning--I'm headed out of town to visit my parents this weekend. I may be able to do one or two posts at most, but you shouldn't expect to see too much of me before Sunday night or Monday. So let's just all take this moment to drink in the golden sunlight of the Hill's courtyard... before the madness descends.

Wait, what? No. Nevermind. No madness. It's a game about a beautiful, sunny day, don't worry about it.
Oct 23, 2015 10:14 pm
Walking through the gates and seeing the Hill in person is nothing like reading about it in a book! Charles has his hand down in front of him with the palm facing straight up. In his palm appears the image of the courtyard ahead of him. Paying close attention to the details around him so he can remember where he has to go. His appointment isn't until tomorrow, but he is glad he came a day early to explore the Hill. He always wants to be sure of where he is going and what he is doing before committing. The illusion doesn't stay for long and he will have to create it again soon so he has to keep his thought on his surroundings if he wants it to be correct.

Something out of the corner of his eye catches his attention. The Minotaur has picked a fight with some one in a black robe. A new image is in his mind now and he allows the illusion in his palm to fade to nothing without recreating it.

Stepping into the courtyard he sees the swan crest of the College of Magic where he will have to go, but he is in no rush. He sits down near the fountain, pulls out some parchment and a quill and begins to sketch the image in his mind; a huge Minotaur with a man in a black cloak between his horns.

Hobs sent a note to smrvl

Rolls

Perception of the courtyard - (1d20+2)

(15) + 2 = 17

Perception of Tosher and the Man in the black cloak - (1d20+2)

(6) + 2 = 8

Oct 24, 2015 2:18 am
The guards cower before Eldrick, eyes clicking anxiously to the stars-and-keys embroidered on his uniform's shoulder, marking him as not just an officer, but a recognized member of the Fortesqueue family. Their profuse apologies mingle with the general hubbub of the courtyard. Those who are keeping a watchful eye see three darkly-dressed figures detach from the crowd and steal after Tosher, into the gloom and relative privacy of the statuary grove.

Rolls

Stealth roll for robed figures approaching Tosher - (1d20+0)

(1) = 1

Insight check to see if they realize anyone else in the party has spotted them - (1d20+0)

(11) = 11

Oct 24, 2015 2:26 am
OOC: HA!!! First botch!!!!!

You wouldn't think it would be possible to trip over a cat and send it yowling, spin backwards into a ceremonial gong, and then accidentally dislodge the gong, rolling it down a flight of stairs to smash through a stained glass window in an adorable little gazebo. And under normal circumstances, that would be difficult. Yet that's the exact maneuver the cloaked figure enacted as he fell, face-down, at the hooves of the Minotaur, drawn mace clutched in his hand.

His companions stared open-mouthed for a moment, then rushed in. "Get him!!!"

Hahaha, not what I was planning. Gosh I love this game. Let's see what happens. Roll initiative!

EDIT: ...WHAT!?!?

Rolls

Initiative with disadvantage - (2d20)

(11) = 2

Oct 24, 2015 2:30 am
I'm pretending to be studying the statues when, again, I see the Minotaur approach. I move to the far other side of the statues and continue to scan the area, careful not to bring any attention to myself.

When I see the guard land at the minotaur's feet, I just manage not to burst out laughing. Well, this will prove to be entertaining!

Ooc: LOL
Last edited October 24, 2015 2:56 am

Rolls

Initiative - (1d20+3)

(13) + 3 = 16

Oct 24, 2015 2:48 am
Charles looks up from his parchment at the sound of the gong, expecting an announcement, parade or festive activity to start. He could not have expected to instead see a robed figure rushing towards the Minotaur that stood behind him on the bridge trip over himself and fall at the feet of the same Minotaur. Noticing the weapon in the robed figure's hand, Charles returns the parchment and quill to his pack (very quickly), hops to his feet, looks around and prepares to defend himself if necessary.

Rolls

Initiative - (1d20+2)

(16) + 2 = 18

Oct 24, 2015 2:48 am
Tosher is making his way to the statues to touch them all. He has given up on asking these useless people for what he seeks. He shall find it himself. Just as he nears suddenly a robed figure lands at his hooves. He reaches down and lifts the figure up to a standing position, still clutching the robes he wears. He will try this one more time. Looking at the person he growls, "You, which of these statues must I touch for luck!" As he awaits an answer he suddenly hears, "Get him!!!", and turns to see what people are talking about, still clutching the robes of the person in front of him.

He still has not let go of the warhammer. He lifted the figure up with one hand.
Last edited October 24, 2015 2:49 am

Rolls

Initiative - (1d20-2)

(15) - 2 = 13

load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.