0.1 | Riverthanks in Heirwater

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

load previous
Oct 24, 2015 5:35 am
Eldrick says to the guards, "Be ready, this could get messy and he's not alone," and proceeds to walk up to Tosher and the cloaked man to see if he can diffuse the situation.

Rolls

Initiative - (1d20+1)

(8) + 1 = 9

Oct 24, 2015 6:00 pm
OOC: Don't mind me...

Rolls

Secret Roll

Secret Roll

Secret Roll

Oct 26, 2015 1:14 am
Jean was just about to enter front gates of the College of Magic, when he hears a gong and a shout behind him; "Get him!"

OOC: Sorry for the delay everyone. Like I said, hard for me to post on the weekends.

Rolls

Initiative - (1d20+3)

(7) + 3 = 10

Oct 26, 2015 1:14 am
Friar_Tuk sent a note to smrvl
Oct 26, 2015 9:23 am
smrvl sent a note to smrvl
smrvl sent a note to Friar_Tuk
OOC: No problem at ALL about not posting on the weekends! We're still learning our rhythm as a group, no big deal.

As the robed men rush over, they take in the curious crowd in their peripheral vision, and the assortment of capable-looking strangers whose attention they have attracted. Maybe it's the gong still reverberating through the air that makes them think twice, or the clanking of the two guards following Eldrick... but this is not a fight they're so eager to pick after all.

"...to bed! Get him to bed!" one of them yells, for the benefit of the crowd. "Too much drink in that one."

"You know how it is--a few too many free drinks at the House of Masks," smiled his companion, turning with open hands and an apologetic smile. He drops his hood, the red cord at his throat swinging down to hang vertically from his shoulder. As his hood drops, he reveals a halo of golden curls, like an adorable toddler. "Sorry for the disturbance, folks! Happy Riverthanks, good luck and fair dealings!"

Taking his cue from the others, the man gripped by Tosher begins to wobble. "Shay whatnow?" he hiccups. "Toucha statue for luck?" He lets out a terrific belch and slumps sideways.

"Our apologies for the disturbance," says golden curls to Tosher, still loud enough for spectators to hear. "Are you looking for the Central Stone, which grants luck at midnight? Allow us to be your guides, we'd be delighted to show you, to make up for this small commotion."

OOC: By the way, should anyone want to leave the area, you're definitely able to. I'm thinking I might create a separate thread for that, something like "0.1 — At the College of Magic" and keep the "main thread" going here for whoever sticks around in this area. Then, whenever you leave that other setting, you can re-join the main thread if you're finding the others again. That's my working concept, but if anyone has seen it done really well through another method, let me know and we can do that too!
Oct 26, 2015 12:30 pm
I try not to let my disappointment show as I drop back into a neutral stance and continue to mosey towards the College of Magic.

OOC: Separate threads for different locations works!
Oct 26, 2015 12:49 pm
Tosher, confused and increasingly annoyed at the folly of these humans looks at the man with the golden curls. "These are not the statues?", he chuffs once and sees himself crushing the skull of the guard who misinformed him. He snaps back to reality and grunts out, "Take me to the stone, whelp. I have no more time for games!"
Last edited October 26, 2015 12:50 pm
Oct 26, 2015 1:17 pm
The guards standing beside Eldrick look back at their abandoned post at the main doors of the College of Magic. If they don't hurry back over, any old riffraff from the street could wander in, and then they'd be in hot water with their real commanding officer.
Oct 26, 2015 1:20 pm
Charles relaxes a little bit, glad it was all a misunderstanding. He feels the magical energy inside himself, that had built up in preparation to fight, begin to lower. The new surroundings and so many strange people must have him on edge, he thinks to himself. He needs to get somewhere quiet. So, he walks over to the guards and says "sir, I would like to know more about the academy grounds. Can you show me where I can go to learn more? "
Last edited October 26, 2015 1:23 pm
Oct 26, 2015 1:39 pm
Eldrick nods to the guards, "Good job, looks like that could have gotten messy... now get back to your post!" Then he prepares to head on to where he is to meet Lily on the Fortesqueue grounds, confident that the robed figures won't trouble the minotaur now that he is on to them.

As Charles walks up, Eldrick waves the guards on and nods to the man, I have a bit of time still before we're set to meet, he thinks to himself. "Follow me, I'll take you where you need to go," he says, trying to put a friendly smile on his face. Ugh, he thinks to himself, this is harder than it should be... but my Lily wants me to at least try to be a bit more open and friendly...
Last edited October 26, 2015 1:52 pm
Oct 26, 2015 1:55 pm
Jean saunters over to the robed men and the Minotaur. "Greetings. My name is Jeanault Ustos. May I be of service to you and your inebriated friend? I know a tea house across the river that brews a lovely restorative tonic. Just the thing for the overindulgent!" He seems to be fidgeting with his collar.

Oct 26, 2015 2:09 pm
"Ah yes, the Boiling Samovar. I know it well," replies golden curls, "a perfect idea. We'll help him along, but there's for your trouble." He hands an object to Jean, murmuring something too low for the others to hear as it exchanges hands.
His eyes flick towards the door of the College of Magic, where it seems Eldrick, Charles, and Xulara are all converging. Then, in a louder voice he says, "Come on then, good minotaur--let's find you some golden luck on the double-quick!"

The men in robes turn to the path back towards the twin drawbridges, golden-hair in the lead, yellow-teeth in his feigned drunken stupor leaning heavily on their third companion. "This way, my tauriform friend!"

As they turn to go, the guards hustle back to their post at the College of Magic door. "Sorry!" puffs Wilfred, straightening his halberd. "No visitors allowed in the Academy on Riverthanks!"
Oct 26, 2015 2:17 pm
"No trouble at all good sir. Have a lovely Riverthanks!"

Jean turns and heads to the College entrance. He approaches the front door and tips his jaunty tricorn hat to the guards, "Good day gentlemen, keep up the good work," and attempts to walk right through the door.

OOC: Jean is a regular visitor to the College on business. There's a good chance, if these guards are here on the regular, that they would recognize him. He comes and goes frequently, and at odd hours. As we move into this interaction, let me know what social rolls (if any) are required of me.
Oct 26, 2015 2:18 pm
Last edited October 26, 2015 2:18 pm
Oct 26, 2015 2:22 pm
"Bup-bup-bup-bup-bup!" protests Wilfred, putting a hand out to stop Jean. "Sorry sir, we'll need h'official proof of business."

Colin nods eagerly, "He's right as usual, he is. Lots o' cut-ups and flogarts tryin' to shammy their way in for a lookabout today."

"Too right, Colin. And we weren't moved from our usual post waaaaaay in the back of the Fortress to guard these gates to let just h'any old Johnny-come-blithely in without just cause or an invitation what merits entry."

They block the entrance importantly.

Oct 26, 2015 2:28 pm
Lead the way human, if it is as you say the luck is only at midnight we shall find drink while we wait. Tea is a drink for women, and children. We shall find ale", Tosher tells the golden haired man.

His grip remains tight on his warhammer. Though he looks dense this is not the first time a group has tried to ambush this Minotaur. This is something that happened often if he set up anywhere near civilization in the past. These humans fear that which they do not understand. And rightly so.
Last edited October 26, 2015 2:29 pm
Oct 26, 2015 2:34 pm
"Ah, of course, of course. I thought you gentlemen looked new here. I never forget a face, especially two such stern and authoritative faces, and I have never seen you two here in my many comings and goings. Allow me to introduce myself. I am Jeanault Ustos, Purveyor of Rare and Wondrous Objects," Jean passes a finely embossed calling card to each of the guards, "I frequently have business in the College, and today is no exception. The clockwork of commerce never ceases, even on such fine, holy festival days," he flashes a confident, but long suffering smile at the guards.

OOC: If that's not enough, please let me know what I should roll. I'd say Deception. What I'm saying is actually true (I am here on business). However, I am "passing myself off" as Jean (my double identity via Charlatan background)...its just a very well established deception, and I also now have a secondary agenda. Your call, Deception?
Oct 26, 2015 2:41 pm
OOC: Let's do persuasion!
Oct 26, 2015 2:49 pm
Persuasion check:

Rolls

Persuasion - (1d20+5)

(10) + 5 = 15

Oct 26, 2015 3:41 pm
I continue walking along the front of the building, marveling at its architecture.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.