Part 1: Goblin Arrows

load previous
Nov 3, 2015 12:27 am
Hollow scuttles forward and grabs Kama's arm and digs her fingernails into his arm, not enough to draw blood, but uncomfortable. She drags him back and takes his place at the edge of the cave. Her eyes narrow becoming black pits in Kama's darkvision. She peers around the corner and pulls back. Without looking at him again she telepathically says, "I can take care of one for certain, give me some jerky from your trail rations. Enough for each beast to get some.
Nov 3, 2015 12:39 am
Kama nods, and wordlessly fishes out his rations. He hands them to Hollow over her shoulder, in order to keep their profiles hidden as much as possible against the cave wall.
Nov 3, 2015 1:14 am
"Be prepared in case this doesn't work" Hollow sends to Kama.

She turns the corner and quickly throws a chunk of jerky to each animal. She slowly and quietly walks over to the wolves slightly crouched and making soothing noises.

Whispering: "Shhh...shhh...good doggies. You look hungry. How about I get those chains off and get you out of here? Sound good. There is more treats for you if you stay quiet."

edit- you know what? I just realized that Animal Handeling should have been the skill but that would not work for Friends. It's ok with me if this blows up in my face now.
Last edited November 3, 2015 5:19 am

Rolls

Stealth if needed - (1d20+2)

(7) + 2 = 9

Persuasion o nenchanted woof with advantage - (1d20+6, 1d20+6)

1d20+6 : (8) + 6 = 14

1d20+6 : (2) + 6 = 8

Persuasion on wolf 2 - (1d20+6)

(4) + 6 = 10

Animal Handling - (1d20)

(16) = 16

Nov 3, 2015 1:22 am
Hollow walks forward despite the threatening snarls from the wolves. Tossing the jerky out in front of her the wolves calm themselves and gobble it up quickly. They sit as if they can understand her and wait for more treats.

I updated your post with Animal Handling :) You did well
Nov 3, 2015 1:25 am
Hollow tries to quietly take the chains off the wolves and leads them out of the chamber whispering "More snacks this way."
Last edited November 3, 2015 1:26 am
Nov 3, 2015 1:25 am
Hollow, with a little bit of work, is able to remove the chains and lead the wolves outside, where they plop down in the shade of the thicket and fall asleep.
Nov 3, 2015 1:28 am
"If someone could give them a little more to eat, it would be appreciated. I would do it, but I left my rations back at the wagon."
Nov 3, 2015 1:36 am
Wish's eyes goggle at the sight of the tiefling leading the wolves out of the cave...of all outcomes he imagined, this was not one of them. "Good work!"

Wish looks at the wolves and sees how they've been abused and chained. Hating to see anything mistreated, he takes some food from his pack - more pemmican - and sets a bit down in front of each of the slumbering canines.

Wish turns back to Hollow and asks in a low voice: "See anything else?"
Nov 3, 2015 1:46 am
Now that the wolves are outside you can see how thin they are, like they are only fed on the goblins' whim, which is the case. You can also see they are covered in scabs, as if the goblins regularly beat them. They awaken long enough to eat their treat and fall back asleep.
Nov 3, 2015 1:58 am
"Not yet. The cave is deep. These two were secondary sentries, you two can come in a little bit and be ready to advance if we run into trouble in the next chamber."
Nov 3, 2015 2:19 am
"Got it. We'll be a bit behind you." Wish looks for Xora to catch her eye and gesture to join them. Even if he can't spot her, he'll make the gesture, figuring that she's going to see them from concealment. He'll wait so that he and she can enter the cave together, on the dry path on the right, with a torch to light their way in the darkness. He re-lights his torch as he waits.
Last edited November 3, 2015 2:21 am
Nov 3, 2015 2:54 am
Kama enters the vacated chamber, investigating the area. He steps up to the fissure at the far end to determine what he can see through it.

These two would make fine hounds. They remind me of Froggy and Garry, in a way. Thinner, of course. I hope they'll come with us once this is done.
Nov 3, 2015 3:05 am
Kama approaches the fissure, where he finds a pile of discarded rubbish at the bottom of a chute. Looking up the chute, he can see the there is something of a natural chimney leading up to what appears to be another room.

Naatkinson sent a note to foolsmask
Nov 3, 2015 3:34 am
Kama makes a mental note of the current layout. This chamber just to the right of the cave entrance, and another chamber beyond with no visible means of access besides the rudimentary garbage chute. Probably connected somewhere further inside.

And across the stream, another passage on the left, 20' in.

He returns to the entrance to the chamber that housed the wolves, and peeks down the path leading further into the cave.
Nov 3, 2015 4:17 am
I leave an entire day's ration of wild game jerky behind for the wolves. Such cruelty, disturbing these beautiful creatures in this way. There's no honor in that.

When Wish signals for me, I appear next to him like a shadow and motion for him to continue while I watch our backs.
Nov 3, 2015 4:42 am
Hollow takes up her position 15 ft. Behind Kama
"So I look like a goat?" the half-Orc hears whispering in his brain, the emotion that goes along with it is cold indignation.
Last edited November 3, 2015 4:43 am
Nov 3, 2015 5:04 am
The main path leads steeply upwards, and curves off to the right, Kama can't see anything around the curve. Off to the left is the passage he saw earlier across the stream, leading up. It looks to have a lot of loose stones at the beginning of that path. It also climbs steeply upwards and you can't see far up there.
Nov 3, 2015 5:57 am
Wish moves confidently after the others, both trusting his companions and taking comfort in the water bubbling along right next to him. At the steps up to the right he pauses and waves the torch in that direction, so that he and Xora can see a bit more of the wolf den. He pauses, watching the dim shapes of the others up ahead.

(OoC: How deep is the water here, and how wide? Is it small enough that his shape water ability could significantly affect the flow of water, is it enough that he could swim in it easily, or is it somewhere in between?)
Nov 3, 2015 6:02 am
The stream is about 2 feet deep and 5 feet wide. The water is very cold.

Rolls

Secret Roll

Nov 3, 2015 8:16 am
Kama pauses briefly. His mind expresses confusion for a moment, then takes on a matter-of-fact tone. Look like a goat? No. Your horns remind me of Mr. Butters, for some reason. Proud, watching from his perch on the mountain. He was certainly the dominant one in the flock, and he would recognize and remember you. And you never, ever, turn your back on him. Old MacGruk taught me that well.

He points to the path on the left, across the stream. Best avoid that. Loose rock, probably make a lot of noise if we take it. Let the water man know.
load next

Thread locked