Part 1: Goblin Arrows

load previous
Nov 11, 2015 8:33 pm
Kama first orders the three goblins to also pack as much of their looted spoils onto the litter. The half-orc inspects items that are more valuable to either the party, or the town of Phandalin.

OOC: Assuming that whatever coinage we've recovered is also going onto the litter, or in Wish's pockets (is someone keeping track of how much?). Kama isn't bothering with the money at this point, as there are other matters to attend to.
Last edited November 11, 2015 8:38 pm
Nov 11, 2015 8:42 pm
The vast majority of the supplies are printed with the blue lion symbol of the Lionshield Coster (A trading company that's recently set up in Phandalin). The rest of the supplies are dirty clothing and spoiled food that the goblins haven't bothered to clean up.
Nov 11, 2015 8:46 pm
Kama tries to get as much of the supplies from the Lionshield Coster onto the litter. He is mindful that Sildar takes precedence, and will leave whatever cannot be ported in the cave.

Actually, he has an idea.

"Why don't we bring one of these gobbos with us, up to the town?" he suggests. "Have them guide the owners of these supplies back to this hideout for recovery?" That'd certainly lighten the load for the trip.
Last edited November 11, 2015 8:47 pm
Nov 11, 2015 8:57 pm
Hollow makes no objections to lettin the goblins go, but she watches them leave with concern written plainly on her face. She waits for the others at the mouth of the cave clearly eager to get back to the wagon.
Nov 12, 2015 2:14 am
"Gundren's dead then?" I'm half listening while impatiently tapping my foot. All of this talk. Mind-numbing.
Nov 12, 2015 2:48 am
"If he is, we're probably not getting paid," says Kama. "Personally, I want to find and rescue him if he's still alive, payment be damned. Someone obviously targeted him and his map."

The half-orc orders the goblins to port the litter with Sildar and a few supplies from the Lionshield Coster. They join up with Hollow at the cave entrance. "Then again, we did find a few spoils of war in this hideout. That would probably be more than enough for you?"

"Wish!" calls out Kama. "You got everything?"
Nov 12, 2015 3:54 am
"If Gundren is smart he obfuscated the map. Any pickpocket may have grabbed it in passing. He wouldn't want to lose his windfall that way, they are probably trying to torture him to get the information now.. Either way, I want to know if he is or not, and the people of Phandolin will want to know who will be moving into the area, at least."

Almost as an after thought, Hollow leads the wolves over to the fresh goblin corpses indicating that they should eat.

"Maybe that will keep the goblin population in check."

With that she makes her way back to the wagon. When she sees Seipora they quickly embrace and then Hollow exchanges a few mental words with Jozin and Cyril. The dead horses have been moved off the road.
Nov 12, 2015 8:18 am
"Gundren is not just my boss; he's my friend, and I want to find out what happened to him - rescue him, if I can - the same way I would want to rescue any of you." That made clear, Wish sets his gear aside for a moment and dives into the stream again, bathing the blood and sweat from his body. When he emerges, he shapes water to dry himself. Gathering up his equipment once more, he replies to Kama's question: "Yes, I'm ready! We can come back later for the goods, or tell the people who own this stuff - the Lionshield, did you say, Sildar? - where it is so they can get it." (from the map, I'm imagining it as at a large stack of crates, at least one wagon load's worth)

Assuming no further incident, Wish accompanies everyone back to the wagon and from thence continues the journey toward Phandalin.
(in other words, that's it for me; I'm ready to screen wipe to the next sequence, as it seems we're preparing to do)
Nov 12, 2015 2:38 pm
The stack of crates is quite large, looks like they looted a whole wagonload

The wolves eat happily for a few moments, until they see that Hollow is leaving. They bound over to her side and follow back to the wagon. Seipora and the ex-cultists are a bit uncomfortable around them for a while, until it becomes clear that they're not going to attack

Will be continued in a new thread!

Thread locked