Part 1: Goblin Arrows

load previous
Nov 7, 2015 9:04 pm
Wish chucks his javelin and moves up level with Kama, drawing his rapier.

Rolls

Throw javelin, damage on a hit - (1d20+5, 1d6+3)

1d20+5 : (9) + 5 = 14

1d6+3 : (6) + 3 = 9

Nov 7, 2015 11:21 pm
Kama stalks towards the seated goblins as the javelin sails past. He tosses Klarg's head at the group and swipes his greataxe, golf-club style, across the nearest goblin.

"GIVE ME THE HUMAN!" he roars, as a point of emphasis.

Rolls

Greataxe vs Goblin, Damage - (1d20+5, 1d12+3)

1d20+5 : (12) + 5 = 17

1d12+3 : (9) + 3 = 12

Nov 8, 2015 3:14 am
"Cha'thul fan!"

Hollow steps to the side to get a clear shot and lets an Eldritch Blast fly at one of the goblins.

Rolls

Eldritch Blast - (1d20+6, 1d10)

1d20+6 : (13) + 6 = 19

1d10 : (3) = 3

Nov 9, 2015 4:09 pm
I fire at one of the goblins currently not targeted by the group as I continue moving forward, inching closer to the stairs.

Rolls

Attack! - (1d20+5)

(8) + 5 = 13

Damage - (1d8+3)

(6) + 3 = 9

Nov 9, 2015 4:48 pm
Wish's javelin soars wide of the mark, clattering harmlessly to the floor in the back of the room.

Kama's mighty blow cleaves right through goblin 1 and digs deep into goblin 2's side.

Hollow's magical blast hits Goblin 3's shoulder, destroying muscles and tendons.

Xora's shot is just wide of the mark and shatters against the far wall.

The goblins are shocked by the sudden assault and begin scrambling to get their weapons ready.

Naatkinson sent a note to spaceseeker19
Goblin 1: Dead
Goblin 2: Badly Wounded (5 damage)
Goblin 3: Wounded (3 damage)
Goblin 4: Unharmed
Goblin 5: Unharmed

[Players get 1st round of real initiative]

Rolls

Player Init - (1d20)

(4) = 4

Goblin Init - (1d20)

(3) = 3

Nov 9, 2015 5:21 pm
"Well?" Kama says, in anger. "I don't see anybody bringing me the human! Alive and unspoiled!" He turns and steps past the fire towards one of the unharmed goblins, and swings his greataxe down as though to punish that goblin's lack of initiative. Kama is banking on the hope that the wounded goblins will still be in shock, and the more they can wound, kill, or otherwise strike fear into, the better the party's chances should be in surviving this.

Rolls

Greataxe vs Goblin #4, Damage - (1d20+5, 1d12+3)

1d20+5 : (5) + 5 = 10

1d12+3 : (2) + 3 = 5

Nov 9, 2015 8:52 pm
With this huge beast and his deadly axe advancing on him, Goblin 4 backs away from Kama, stumbling and falling over in his haste. He stumbles and falls just as the huge axe swooshes through the air where his head was just moments ago.
Nov 9, 2015 9:13 pm
Hollow repeats her spell and blasts goblin 3 again.

Rolls

Eldritch blast - (1d20+6, 1d10)

1d20+6 : (11) + 6 = 17

1d10 : (5) = 5

Nov 9, 2015 9:17 pm
Hollow's second blast of energy catches Goblin 3 right in the chest, dropping him to the floor where he is very still.

Goblin 3: Dead
Goblin 4: Unharmed
Nov 10, 2015 12:47 am
Wish draws his rapier and steps forward to flank a goblin (4? 5?) and attack.

spaceseeker19 sent a note to Naatkinson
Last edited November 10, 2015 12:49 am

Rolls

Rapier attack, damage, sneak attack damage - (1d20+5, 1d8+3, 1d6)

1d20+5 : (11) + 5 = 16

1d8+3 : (2) + 3 = 5

1d6 : (3) = 3

Nov 10, 2015 2:17 pm
Wish glides up behind Goblin 4, who is distracted by the massive half-orc and his scary axe. The little goblin doesn't notice anything until it goes weak. Looking down it can see the tip of the rapier protruding from his chest. It slumps over and slides off the blade slowly.

Goblin 3: Dead
Goblin 4: Dead

Just waiting on Moofs :)
Nov 10, 2015 5:11 pm
This is almost too easy. What are we missing here? In any case, I fire at the untouched goblin.

Rolls

Attack - (1d20+5)

(6) + 5 = 11

Damage - (1d8+3)

(5) + 3 = 8

Nov 10, 2015 5:26 pm
Xora's second shot misses, shattering the arrow against the wall.

The remaining goblins throw themselves on the ground, begging for mercy, "Please no kill!"

At that time you hear someone from the area beyond the steps. Looking over you see a goblin, a bit larger and stronger looking than most, holding who you recognize to be Sildar by the edge of upper area, "You leave now, or me kill stupid hooman!"

Sildar looks like he's seen better days, obviously having been beaten during his captivity. His white hair and goatee are matted with dried blood. He slumps over, barely able to hold up his own weight.

He looks down at you, "Don't trust him, he's going to kill me anyway," he manages to speak, slurring his words terribly. The goblin responds by pulling roughly on Sildar's hair, exposing his neck. He rests a dagger against his neck and smiles his most twisted smile.
Nov 10, 2015 6:28 pm
"No," growls Kama, stalking towards the stairs. He ignores the cowering goblins at the lower level, the slick of fresh blood staining the ground, and the gore dripping from his own armor. Kama kicks Klarg's head soccer-style towards what is presumably Yeemik. "You release the human unharmed, and I consider sparing your life."

Kama's expression, coupled with the intent purpose behind his advance, belies the fact that he'd love nothing more than to introduce Yeemik to his greataxe.

Rolls

Intimidation, with Inspiration - (1d20+3, 1d20+3)

1d20+3 : (1) + 3 = 4

1d20+3 : (9) + 3 = 12

Nov 10, 2015 6:42 pm
Yeemik pales for a moment, but then smiles again, "You lie, you not let hooman die! Stay back!"
Nov 10, 2015 10:25 pm
"You kill him, I rip your throat out with my teeth. Among other things." I keep an arrow aimed at his head, just waiting for him to make a wrong move.

Rolls

Intimidation - (1d20+2)

(2) + 2 = 4

Nov 11, 2015 2:05 am
We aren't getting anywhere with intimidation tactics. I'll try something else, please play along everyone. Hollow broadcasts this to her allies.

She drops her hands at her sides and saunters into the room. She motions for the wolves to follow her with a quiet snap.

"Hello, Yeemik, my name is Hollow. We got off to a bad start. We don't wan to kill you. To prove it my friends will put their weapons away." She nods at the others and hopes the do it then continues. "You are right. We don't want the human to die, Sildar is a friend. We wanted to negotiate his release but things got out of hand with Klarg back there. Now Klarg is dead and we can't make him rich. Lucky for you. Now we get to negotiate with you. Let Sildar go and we will pay you your weight in gold. We have it on a wagon, back on the road. Your scouts jumped us before we had a chance to talk. Now, in addition to money we can offer protection from your king boss man, all you have to do to earn that is tell us what you know about his plans, then we will be good friends. All we want is for everyone to walk out of here alive and well, and as friends. I promise we won't hurt you. We have Fizbin tied up in the next room, unhurt. We have your wolves, unharmed. See we are friends...or we can be. Just let Sildar go. You have my word."

Hollow pours on the charm, pouting when talking about violence, smiling when talking of friendship, and batting her eyelashes like a strumpet new to court, hoping to win the goblin over.

Rolls

Deception (with Inspiration) - (1d20+4, 1d20+4)

1d20+4 : (2) + 4 = 6

1d20+4 : (18) + 4 = 22

Nov 11, 2015 2:16 am
Smooth-talker. Never trust the silver-tongued ones. I continue to hold the longbow, but do manage to begrudgingly put my arrow back in its quiver.
Nov 11, 2015 4:18 am
Kama exhales, slowly, letting the battle lust dissipate. He lowers his greataxe, then purposefully slings the weapon to his back. The fighter remains where he is, positioned near the base of the stairs with his hands at his sides.
Nov 11, 2015 5:23 am
Yeemik is sceptical at first, but at the promise of gold he perks up, "You take hooman. Klarg dead, me boss here now! You leave, come back with many gold!" He releases Sildar, who stumbles down the stairs to join you.

"Thank you for helping me," Sildar says to the party, before running out of energy and slumping down to the ground a few feet from Kama.

Party gains 200 xp for the battle and for completing the "dungeon"
load next

Thread locked