OOC Discussion

load previous
Apr 1, 2016 8:52 pm
I assume an AI controlled motorcycle or a light cycle type thing is cool, though I don't think the vehicle comes equipped with guns. Maybe you could get the thing modded at some point. :)

For now just stick with the PHB Pact of the Tome stuff and I'll look into it if I ever get some free time. Maybe I can spice that stuff up a bit for techromantic stuff.
Apr 2, 2016 4:09 am
PhantomNimbus says:
I assume an AI controlled motorcycle or a light cycle type thing is cool, though I don't think the vehicle comes equipped with guns. Maybe you could get the thing modded at some point. :)

For now just stick with the PHB Pact of the Tome stuff and I'll look into it if I ever get some free time. Maybe I can spice that stuff up a bit for techromantic stuff.
Work for me. Thanks! I'll have Kessel leveled up by tonight.
Apr 2, 2016 7:24 pm
I've leveled up my HP and still need to pick a couple level 2 spells.
Apr 3, 2016 4:07 pm
Just a couple more questions, then Kessel will be ready. In choosing spells I'm ignoring what's optimal and just going for what I think would be cool and fun.

So it looks like I can learn both Find Vehicle and Find Familiar (the latter as a ritual). So I'll have my light cycle and a...nano drone familiar, maybe? Any better ideas for a modern familiar? Of course, owls and crows still exist but I imagine my patron (Ghost in the Machine) would drop me something more appropriate.

Like this.
Last edited April 3, 2016 7:14 pm
Apr 4, 2016 1:54 am
Yes, again, to stay close to standard stats your familiar will be similar to the choices of a standard familiar. A crow becomes a small surveillance drone. A spider could become a small scouting walker droid capable of scaling surfaces. It will pretty much just be a cosmetic change on an existing creature. Or you could also opt for the creature itself. Totally up to you. A technomancer with a regular little ferret seems like some anime ready to be written.
Apr 4, 2016 6:09 pm
PhantomNimbus says:
Yes, again, to stay close to standard stats your familiar will be similar to the choices of a standard familiar. A crow becomes a small surveillance drone. A spider could become a small scouting walker droid capable of scaling surfaces. It will pretty much just be a cosmetic change on an existing creature. Or you could also opt for the creature itself. Totally up to you. A technomancer with a regular little ferret seems like some anime ready to be written.
Totally down with this! I love doing reskins.

Ok, so Kessel has joined everyone in the kitchen. I'm sorry I kept everyone waiting! I had Kessel all set up a few minutes ago but I am now suddenly tempted to change it all and go Chain Pact. Don't worry, if I do change it'll only take me a few minutes. It's all dependent on the answer to this question:

If Kessel goes Chain Pact can his drone familiar can the drone's stats be those of an imp, quasit or pseudodragon?

EDIT: Nah, let's not complicate things. I'll stick to Pact of the Tome. It's more true to character - as a hacker Kessel is addicted to information. It's his meth! The familiar will have owl stats. Both the drone and the light cycle are currently being 3D-printed by Jarvis Phanton.Nimbus (the A.I.)
Last edited April 4, 2016 7:48 pm
Apr 23, 2016 1:52 pm
Are you looking for more explicit action sir?
Apr 25, 2016 2:39 pm
Oh, no sorry. Didn't realize the resolution had happened. I'm actually going to setup a new forum as this is a new sort of "scene". I should have it up this afternoon.
Apr 25, 2016 3:39 pm
Coolio. Thanks!
Apr 25, 2016 9:25 pm
More like this evening. Crazy day at work.
Apr 26, 2016 12:32 am
No rush -- and it looks like we lost foolsmask. :/
Apr 26, 2016 2:10 am
I was hoping he was just on a hiatus. I was going to let him sit out the next "section". I'm trying to do sort of mission based so we can have discreet sort of adventures without anyone getting too lost. But it ties into a bigger plot I have.
Apr 27, 2016 12:57 am
sounds good. hopefully he'll be back!
May 3, 2016 5:22 pm
If Breecha had to choose, he'd opt for IDs or license-to-carry for the fleshies since he himself could be passed off as property. Do try to haggle this lizardman down, though. :)
May 4, 2016 10:33 am
Lol, had that actually been high enough he would have counter offered, but at this point you pretty much just insulted him. It was a hell of a good try though.
May 5, 2016 2:04 pm
Is this alley wide enough for my bike? What about the van?
May 5, 2016 2:14 pm
You could bring the bike into it, but the turns down the alley way wouldn't allow you enough maneuverability, so you wouldn't be able to make it down to the end of the alley where the scene you have seen is unfolding. Once you are in that dead-end, it seems to be a small clearing maybe 20ft by 20ft, surrounded by brick buildings. This seems to be the backs of all the buildings as you see utility meters and stuff back here.
May 5, 2016 2:16 pm
I could always digitize the bike at the turns and re-form the bike after each turn. But I wouldn't want to arrive before the others so I guess we're all hoofing it. :-)
May 11, 2016 6:28 pm
Is it possible to delay an action to act only if it looks like redfeather is going to attack? If he's going to flee I have no need to plug him with a firebolt or other item, but if he's gunna get fussy at someone I'd like to plug him first.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.