OOC Discussion

load previous
May 11, 2016 6:49 pm
Yes. You can ready your action on your turn. Essentially you set a trigger for what you want to trigger your action. You choose the action you want to do when that trigger is complete.

Then if that trigger happens between the rounds you use your reaction to act as soon as that trigger has finished.

If you are doing this with spells you actually cast the spell on your turn, hold it's energy, and use your reaction to release the energy. Of course you have to maintain concentration on the spell to hold it in this way and there is the possibility if you are attacked and lose your concentration before the trigger happens, you may lose the spell.

A few notable things:
-- Readying something takes your action on your turn
-- When you react to the trigger you react AFTER the trigger has completed
-- You also will use your reaction (which you only get one of per round) to use that held action
-- If you are doing this with a spell it must have a casting time of 1 action, and you must concentrate to keep it held.
-- If you do this with a spell you must successfully cast the spell first, then it is considered "held" by you.
May 22, 2016 11:42 am
falryx says:
OOC:
No -- no particular need to hang around here more I don't think. About the only thing we could do is investigate the muggers and, to be honest, it's not like it's our turf our anything -- that's bound to create MORE trouble, so... a tactical withdrawal sounds like a good plan to me.
Ditto.
Last edited May 22, 2016 11:43 am
May 27, 2016 7:29 pm
I'm good with adding a new 4th. 3 people is a little light for an adventure team.
May 27, 2016 7:30 pm
I'll post my vote for a new player here and remove my post in the game thread.
May 27, 2016 7:58 pm
I figured a new player would be good too, so I opened the game up and posted a recruiting thing. We will see if it draws interest. If not during this mission during another we could bring a new person in. That's the nice thing about it being mission based in a sense. (Though there is a larger plot afoot).
May 29, 2016 1:10 am
Might just have to press on with an NPC for this mission. I'm still actively recruiting.
May 30, 2016 9:20 pm
Hello, guys. I'm the new player.
Is there a party role that's seriously missed from the team?
May 31, 2016 12:47 am
Heya greenvoid!

I think we can make do with anything you might want to play. we've got a couple wizard-like folks and a fighter right now, I think. So lots of opportunity to be something different.
May 31, 2016 12:58 am
Yeah, just play anything you will have fun with. :-) Right now we have:
Breecha, a warforged fighter
Kessel Nor, a technomancer warlock
Mack Winchester, a gunmage, our group's leader
Tymora (NPC), our group's "mom" handler
Phantom.Nimbus, (NPC) our HQ A.I. helper
May 31, 2016 2:50 am
Hey greenvoid, sorry I didn't hop on sooner to intro you. Weekends are a little crazy for me usually.

At this point it's two casters and a fighter I think. We had another Druid bot but the player went AWOL. Still in the game in case he comes back. Feel free to use anything you want, even all unearthed arcana stuff is good. Just assume things are more modernized. Warforged are out main change as now they are basically androids. Preserver the Druid was much more human like, Breecha is a utilitarian type bot. Very methodical and...not very charismatic. Lol.
May 31, 2016 4:41 am
I searched for Unearthed Arcana, and found THIS among the links. :)
May 31, 2016 11:52 am
I was thinking about someone who can use technology but not really tinker with it, a kind user-only-rigger. Any use of class abilities I will describe as cybernetics in use.

I have no idea, however, about what class could do it. I'll read some more on the world at OP and the other links, but if any of you have suggestions / ideas, don't hold back.
Jun 1, 2016 4:18 pm
You can feel free to RP that to your hearts content. It certainly would make an interesting character who uses more out of the box equipment instead of getting heavy into modding a rig or anything.

Also as far as character creation I'm going to have you have a previous knowledge of someone else in San Waterdeep, one of the members of the existing crew. They know they will need another member to fill the gap in their team, so I just asked if any of them knew someone.

However you want to work a backstory into that fact would be great. You don't even necessarily have to like the crew, just agree to do the job.
Jun 1, 2016 4:20 pm
greenvoid says:
I searched for Unearthed Arcana, and found THIS among the links. :)
Just read that and it was pretty funny. Lol. Hope you never run into lava in this game. Although it would probably be cyber lava.
Jun 1, 2016 4:24 pm
Might be difficult to work in a connection with Breech-a, as he is essentially ex-military property.

Did you already pick a class, greenvoid? For some reason, I think of Bard, but not in a musical sense. I mean more of the jack-of-all-trades type, someone who's picked up skills from all over. Maybe from the College of Lore, where "Lore" has changed to mean technology of all forms, and you use whatever bits and pieces you've collected to initiate your class abilities.
Jun 1, 2016 4:35 pm
Your 'instrument' could be your hacking rig. I actually kind of like the idea of that conversion. Someone who has a way with the tools at his disposal, without all the in depth training something like a wizard would have to go through.
Jun 1, 2016 4:47 pm
Well Greenvoid IF you're playing a hacker then Kessel could be your contact. In fact you could be The Guy (I know a guy who knows a guy).
Jun 1, 2016 7:10 pm
Yeah, this sounds cool. I simply dismissed the bard because I didn't like the trubadour feeling, but seeing him as a rave fan in discos, remixing for the audience and trance-dancing to rave is fun. Might even describe some spells as rave party subconscious suggestions transmitted via music effects.

And most things will remain cybernetic effects for fluff. Maybe via sound effects, too, when it's plausible.
Jun 1, 2016 7:12 pm
Is it OK if he's a distant cousin of Kessel's?
Another half-elf in deck...
Jun 1, 2016 7:13 pm
Yeah, that all makes total sense, the powers and the relationship. No doubt bards have become more club kid than traveling minstrel in the future.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.