OOC Discussion

load previous
Nov 11, 2015 4:21 am
Sounds great. Also got the NPC up for your group handler. Tymora.
Nov 11, 2015 4:30 am
Breecha considers Tymora the XO, if anything because she's the one that can fix him!
Nov 11, 2015 4:36 am
Also, as a note for everyone. To her character sheet I added a new skill called "Hacking". It's based on intelligence. If you have proficiency in hacking tools and are trying to hack something you get to add your proficiency bonus. If you aren't proficient you only add your int modifier. However if you directly connect to RAIN (dropping out of conciousness to project yourself into the computer) you gain your proficiency bonus twice. Even if you aren't proficient in hacking. There is more about it in the docs for the game.

So I would suggest we all add the Hacking skill and just base all our checks off of that for things.
Nov 11, 2015 4:44 am
Cool! Now I wish I had put more into my Int score! I'm supposed to be the group's hacker, and I have an Int of 10 :-P
Nov 11, 2015 5:10 pm
Do spells also crit on a nat 20? I just realized that I nat 20'd Mace with the Eldritch Blast so he may actually be out.
Nov 11, 2015 5:12 pm
I don't believe so. In general crits only double a weapons damage dice, and I don't think it does that with spell casting. I think it's just an auto hit no matter what.
Nov 11, 2015 5:18 pm
Actually I stand corrected. PHB wording and general concensous from 5e is that spells can crit. Apparently wording is that it doubles the dice for the attack. Before modifiers are added. So roll another dice to your damage so far.
Nov 11, 2015 5:26 pm
Nevermind. I'm adding it into my turn to save time.
Nov 12, 2015 5:49 am
Hey everyone. I updated the docs for the campaign into a wiki! Check it out on Obsidian Portal. That is just the link for Tymora's page. I've copied everything else into there as well. Just go to the front page and click around.
Nov 12, 2015 12:16 pm
Nice. I have used it for a few games. Even bought membership. Hoping this will make it easier to keep things together better. Make things more coherent. Also I think I've decided gunmage will just be an additional wizard arcane tradition. Seems to make the most sense considering it's pretty much a wizard just with special focus requirements.
Nov 12, 2015 8:20 pm
1) How much distance to travel to each of the upstairs goblins and the office door?

2) Do the stairs have a railing or banister that might offer cover?
Nov 12, 2015 8:23 pm
The railings and banisters do not offer great cover because they have posts holding them up, instead of being walls you could duck behind.

To get to the stairs is maybe 30 feet, since you've moved a little ways into the club. To get up the stairs from there is maybe 15 feet. To get back to the office from the top of the stairs is maybe 50 feet.
Nov 13, 2015 4:35 pm
Huh. All this time I haven't been adding my dex bonus to the damage rolls, is that right? I thought they only applied to the attack!
Nov 13, 2015 4:37 pm
If using a ranged weapon, firearm, or standard game weapons, add your Dex bonus to whatever the weapons attack damage is. The attack always has that applied as well. For traditional weapons, if you are proficient with it, you add your bonus. To even out the higher damage output of firearms you only add that bonus if you use a bonus action to aim.
Nov 13, 2015 4:40 pm
Ah, so if I am proficient and I aim first, I can apply the DEX bonus to the damage roll?
Nov 13, 2015 5:16 pm
Nope, just always add your Dex modifier to the damage roll. Also always add it to your attack rolls with ranged weapon. The only thing the aim bonus action does in this game is allow you to add your proficiency bonus onto your attack roll.

If you aren't proficient with a weapon, you don't even have the aim action available to you at all.
Nov 13, 2015 5:29 pm
Okay, thanks!
Nov 13, 2015 5:31 pm
Yeah, it's a little weird. The modern d20 calls it a balance on the higher damage of weapons in the game. I like it because it means you are practiced with aiming and firing the weapon, but much like a real gun firing from the hip won't be as good even if you know how to handle the weapon.
Nov 13, 2015 5:36 pm
Now that you put it that way it makes a lot of sense. I may never use a gun in character but I like that thought process.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.