OOC Discussion

load previous
Nov 13, 2015 5:42 pm
It's why I liked the SMG goblin that was crappy at using an SMG. It just wanted to look cool, didn't really care if it was any good with it. Spray and pray. Also kind of felt in line with goblin nature of chaos. Like the goblin who decided it was a good idea to pull out a grenade inside a club.
Nov 13, 2015 9:58 pm
Yeah I like the mechanic too even though Krssel is non-proficient. Is certainly gives the characters an additional layer of variety and uniqueness, if tgat makes sense. And yeah I really dig these goblin thugs! I certainly said "ih shit!" out loud when the SMG and the grenade came out!

Does Kessel currently at the foot of the stairs. Does he have line of sight on Brute? Will he have line of sight if he moves up to Mack's position?
Nov 13, 2015 10:07 pm
Kessel, I assume is still kind of middle of the club on first floor. You could get to where Mack is, or if you dash you could make it upstairs. You could probably still keep eyes on Brute, the bartender, if you get to where Mack is. If you go upstairs it depends on what side you are on to keep line of sight.

The bar is on the first floor on the west wall. If you are on the west side of the upstairs you couldn't see it because it's below you. However if you're upstairs on the east side you could see it from the second floor.
Nov 13, 2015 11:04 pm
Should I(Preserver) be making any more Death Saving throws? We technically ended on Kessel's turn. The enemies were next and then Preserver again. Despite having three characters get into this predicament on Gamers Plane I've yet to deal with this particular situation. I know the others can attempt Heal skill checks to stabilize me, but after aside from that I'm unsure what to do.
Nov 13, 2015 11:23 pm
Go ahead and try one more time. Then the rest can try and help out. If you crit the role you'll actually be fully stabilized. But you steal need a healing item or magic to get up in anything short of an hour.
Nov 14, 2015 12:04 am
Anyone have anything healery? I don't. I'm all pew pew.
Nov 14, 2015 12:57 am
Falryx and I cross posted. Hey, with both of us trying maybe we get a bonus? :-D
Nov 14, 2015 3:10 am
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
Falryx and I cross posted. Hey, with both of us trying maybe we get a bonus? :-D
Oops, I actually meant CancerMan (sorry!) That was Breecha and Kessel trying to revive Preserver. But now Mack's in on it too (Breecha having obediently gone upstairs) I'm sorry I got mixed up!
Nov 14, 2015 4:15 am
Nah. Kessel didn't help much. Lol. Mack stepped in to show you how it's done.
Nov 14, 2015 4:16 am
Also if you fail a heal check on someone you can't really try again. It means that in that situation, you just don't have enough insight to even begin triagging the wounds.
Nov 14, 2015 4:20 am
Scratch that, it looks like it's considered using an action to do it, so we would need to essentially go in turn order before you can try again. So you can't like immediately try a billion times till it works.
Nov 14, 2015 4:55 am
Is it an electronic lock or just a mundane deadbolt or something? If electronic I could probably use one of my abilities on it. If a regular lock then it's a Dex check to pick it open? Can I attempt it without lockpicks? I guess last resort is Breecha breaking it open, tossing in the grenade, and us taking cover.
Nov 14, 2015 5:22 am
Somehow I doubt the occupants will let us sit there and pick the lock. Don't forget that they can see us through the mirror.
Nov 14, 2015 5:50 am
If it's electronically sealed I can definitely override it. But yeah, I like your idea of punching a hole through the interior wall so we can soften 'em up with Mack's grenade. That'll probably force them to come out guns blazing.
Nov 14, 2015 6:48 am
Sorry, I should have specified. The door is sealed on an electrical system, so it can be hacked. Otherwise it's brute force against a heavily reinforced door.
Nov 14, 2015 9:12 am
One of these two should get that door open:
Quote:
Information Surge
At 1st level, you gain the ability to temporarily render computerized devices inoperable. As an action, you can target a computerized device within 30 feet of you. If the targeted device is held or otherwise actively used by a living creature, that creature must make an Intelligence saving throw against your spell save DC. On a failed save, the targeted device ceases to function until the end of your next turn. If the targeted device is not held or used by a creature, the DM makes a special saving throw for the device with disadvantage and a +0 modifier.
Certain shielded devices might negate the disadvantage, at the DM’s determination. Once you use this feature, you can’t use it again until you finish a short or long rest.
Quote:
Remote Access
1st-level transmutation (technomagic)
Casting Time: 1 action
Range: 120 feet
Components: V, S
Duration: 10 minutes
You can use any electronic device within range as if it were in your hands. This is not a telekinesis effect. Rather, this spell allows you to simulate a device’s mechanical functions electronically. You are able to access only functions that a person using the device manually would be able to access. You can use remote access with only one device at a time.
The former is preferable of course, as it won't burn a spell slot. In any case, I think we should do the punch-a-hole-insert-grenade first before I open that door.
Nov 14, 2015 4:17 pm
Sounds like maybe the second though you only can use the door, or door controls as if they were in your hands. Also keep in mind you need line of sight to those controls to cast it. The V component is visual.

The first one sounds only like you could short out the door making it inoperable. The third option is to try and hack it from RAIN. Probably a DC 15 hacking check. It's a strong door, but not incredibly secure digitally.
Nov 14, 2015 4:23 pm
I thought V component was Verbal? :-)
Nov 14, 2015 5:24 pm
Double checked, you are indeed right. Carry on. Though your hack was most successful. :)
Nov 14, 2015 8:35 pm
Oops, sorry, I assumed we were rolling a new initiative order! So just insert my action when my turn comes up. :-)

Also, I wrote Kessel doing all that from the doorway, with the intention of ducking out of sight after. Let me know if this is possible or if I have to move ibto the room to get at Scorch with the Poison Spray (it's only got 10ft range)
Last edited November 14, 2015 8:38 pm
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.