Takeover at Whisper Base

load previous
Nov 24, 2015 5:49 pm
OOC: any other preparation? If not I'll get the ball rolling. Was waiting for y'all though.
Nov 24, 2015 6:01 pm
I follow Brosck out, return to my room and gather up my things. Excited by the prospect of finally getting out of this place and doing some real work for the rebellion, I don't notice the woman from before following me down the hall and into my private quarters. As I prepare to leave she appears in the doorway, dressed rather inappropriately, and smiles at me, "I've been hoping to catch you alone.". She paces forward, and I instinctively step back, "You said we could call on your for anything..." She continues to stride towards me, forcing me to step backwards again.

Thinking quickly, I enter the code for 'the nephew's' private line into my comm device, and continue to evade her steady advance. This may be a bit beyond the 'Cliffview' experience I think as smile back and edge her on, "I'm not following you."

The comm 'clicks' quietly as the line opens, and she presses, "My husband has been a disappointment, and I've always fancied Zeltrons." The line had been open and, as I hoped, the nephew heard the comment. His voice fills the empty space, "Hello? Who's there?"

She recognizes the familiar voice as I unclip the device "What's going on?. Colour drains from her face and she steps away from me as I step forward, holding the device out like a ward, "Where are you?". I smile, toss her the device, and as she reflexively catches it, slip around her and dash into the hallway.

It's not a vision if it doesn't, sort of, come true! I'm good to go though.
Last edited November 24, 2015 6:02 pm
Nov 24, 2015 6:12 pm
Sorry, this was a hectic weekend. I'm good to go, assuming we have our starting gear on us.
Nov 25, 2015 7:37 pm
As the various member of the team strolled out of the meet...G5 was going to have to keep a healthy distance away from the klatoonian, no telling what damaged that one could do he thought to himself...ing the droid extended his third leg and maneuvered in to position to access the meeting rooms scomp link. This port was the routine for G5. He would link up and download/transfer any information needed that was relevant for a mission, or required by command for further analysis.

When the link was completed, G5 spun around to face the General Manager, and with that quickly retracted his 3rd wheel snapping to attention and extending one of his manipulator arms in a quick and smart salute, before re-extending the 3rd wheel to scamper off after the others, while whistling softly to himself as he transited down the hallway.
Last edited November 25, 2015 7:39 pm
Nov 26, 2015 3:10 am
The journey to Onderon is uneventful and your team is carefully inserted into the jungle in order to make the final approach on foot and undetected. After hours of slogging through the jungle, with it's poisonous foliage and oppressive heat, you have reached your destination: Whisper Base.  Compared to staying in the jungle, the prospect of a,bushing an Imperial patrol and breaking into a heavily guarded base seems almost pleasant...

Each character should record two (2) strain to represent the slog through the jungle and it's impact on your physical and emotional state.

You step out of the humid, insect-ridden jungle and into the relative cool of the base's garage.  This garage serves as an entrance to Whisper Base and for the first time since your ship delivered you to Onderon and departed, the hum of machinery drowns out the sounds of the jungle.  Your task here is simple enough: cut the comm line, disable the base's lone shuttle, and then overcome the Imperials in the base without letting the commander -- a Lieutenant Sarev -- escape to report the base lost.  Simple, but by no means easy.

The smell of machine oil hangs in the air all around the garage.  You see a number of speeder bikes, as well as a pair of AT-STwalkers.  There are several crates in the room, as well as a number of fuel tanks. A large metal door on the other side of the bay, sealed by a complex lock, leads into the base itself.

You find the comm line you've been told to cut and slice through it, severing Whisper Base from the outside world with a hiss and a spray of sparks.  Soldiers from the base will soon investigate the disturbance.  Fortunately, this is part of the plan -- taking one of their code cylinders will let you get past the locked door without raising an alarm.  

What do you do to prepare for their arrival?
Nov 29, 2015 9:34 am
"I do wish we had some imperial uniforms." I mutter as I take up a position behind a pile of creates, "This really isn't my speciality, I take it you lot can handle the ambush?" I press up against the crates and make like I am not there. I close my eyes, wipe my brow and try to settle my heart rate. There's always got to be a fight, doesn't there. I take my holdout blaster into my hand, and close my eyes and wait.

Using Foresee - if I get any Light Points I'll spend 1 to get a vague hint about the immediate future. If I get no Light Points I won't spend anything!

Rolls

Foresee

1 White Force Point

Nov 29, 2015 8:20 pm
OOC: Kael Zarra - please also make an Easy (1 purple die) Stealth roll - you may add a boost die given your use of Foresee.

falryx sent a note to Candi
Nov 29, 2015 9:18 pm
My eyes snap open and I say, "Eastern door." before tucking myself back behind the crates. My intuitions have been on point enough in my life that I've started to trust them as much as facts.

Rolls

Stealth (Agility 2 + Boost)

3 Advantage, 2 Threat

Total: 1 Advantage

Nov 30, 2015 3:48 am
Kal draws his blaster carbine and ducks behind the crate closest to the door the Imperials are most likely to come through. He steadies his breath then looks over and begins aiming at the door. He smirks at Kael, "Don't worry, I can handle an ambush. Just hope that little pea shooter of yours can even get through their armor."
Nov 30, 2015 4:29 am
Can I try to rig the door so it only opens enough to allow one or two troopers in at a time?
Nov 30, 2015 11:46 am
"I do not know why we have to hide." Brosck snorts through his nose. "We should just take the base head on!" afteer saying that he looks at his team as they stare back with blank expressions, he then slumps his shoulders and moves up towards the door to the closest cover in the blind spot from the entrance.

OOC: Brosck would like to be within one movement of the entrance but under cover. he will already have his vibro knuckles on . i will also make a stealth roll same as Kael difficulty.
Last edited November 30, 2015 6:14 pm

Rolls

Stealth

4 Success, 2 Advantage, 1 Failure, 1 Threat

Total: 3 Success, 1 Advantage

Nov 30, 2015 11:50 am
ooc: for my advantage I would like him to be able to find a spot that he can get into melee engaged distance easy.
Nov 30, 2015 5:37 pm
Stealth roll

Rolls

Stealth

1 Success, 4 Advantage

Total: 1 Success, 4 Advantage

Nov 30, 2015 6:55 pm
R2-G5 scanned the garage registering the various machine oil particulate that was in the air. There are a number of speeder bikes, as well as a pair of AT-ST Walkers parked within the facility, with several crates scattered about the room, as well as a number of fuel tanks.

A large metal door on the other side of the bay, sealed by a complex lock, leads into the base itself. With that G5 whistles softly to the group as he speeds of to the closest AT-ST where a shameless Imperial tech has left a data pad attached to it for routine maintenance.

OOC
- I would like to spend 1 destiny point for the Data Pad being attached to the AT-ST.
- This will allow access to a computer hack to activate and control systems of the AT-ST.
- I will hide in plain sight as accessing the Data Pad should appear like I am performing maintenance.
Last edited November 30, 2015 6:58 pm

Rolls

Stealth Check +1 Boost

2 Advantage, 1 Failure

Total: 1 Failure, 2 Advantage

Computers Check +1B for data Pad

3 Success, 1 Failure, 2 Threat

Total: 2 Success, 2 Threat

Dec 1, 2015 5:45 am
Keleth says:
Can I try to rig the door so it only opens enough to allow one or two troopers in at a time?
OOC: You can try -- but you feel under some serious time constaints, so there's likely to be a couple setback dice added (one due to the stress, the other due to the lack of time).

Confirmed other actions -- sorry for the delay getting back to you Keleth -- pausing to let you choose an action.
Dec 1, 2015 1:23 pm
Moro tries to tamper with the door a bit, hoping to lock it half way through opening.

OOC: GM adding difficulty dice. Calling this 'average' since it's basically sabotaging the door.

Net result: 1 failure, 2 threat.

Rolls

Mechanics

1 Success, 1 Advantage, 1 Threat

Total: 1 Success

Difficulty dice - 2

2 Failure, 2 Threat

Total: 2 Failure, 2 Threat

Dec 2, 2015 5:42 am
Kael settles in behind some boxes, but unfortunately doesn’t manage the angle well, his well-coiffed hair and weapon showing obviously from the doorway while Moro fiddles at the door attempting to hardwire its control panel. He manages to get the cover off and is fiddling with it hurriedly, but only manages to cause a cascade of sparks that gently singe his fingers. Moro takes 2 strain.

As Brosck, Kal and G5 slide into position -- G5 doing a very passable impression of a droid performing maintenance on an AT-ST, you hear the sounds of hard boots on a pourstone floor and the idle chatter of Imperial soldiers coming from behind the door into the base. "It’s probably just a cannok chewing on the --"

They stop, looking at Moro near the door fiddling with the controls, they see Kael attempting to hide behind some boxes with a blaster out and say, "Hey! Wait a minute!" The leader points, "Get them! Lock the door!" Five troopers pile through the door, the leader standing at the entrance, with two troopers apiece bee-lining for each of Moro and Kael.

Kal Artha finds himself in an excellent position to surprise the Imperials and takes two boost dice on his next action.

The Imperials are engaged with Moro and short range to the rest of you.

Notes:
* All characters please roll Vigilance for initiative.
* Kal Artha - since you didn’t specific what happens with your advantage, you get two boost dice on your next action.

Rolls

Vigilance for initiative (NPCs)

1 Success, 5 Advantage

Total: 1 Success, 5 Advantage

Dec 2, 2015 9:42 am
Rolling

Rolls

Initiative

2 Success

Total: 2 Success

Dec 2, 2015 10:07 am
I drop prone on the floor and groan, "Why me. Why always me."

I rolled 1 Advantage on my botched Stealth roll (what can you do with those things anyway?).. I threw some boost dice in the roll because I misunderstood what was going on.
Last edited December 2, 2015 12:23 pm

Rolls

Vigilance

1 Success, 1 Advantage

Total: 1 Success, 1 Advantage

Dec 2, 2015 12:17 pm
Moro freaks out for a second, and runs for cover as soon as he can.

Rolls

Vigilance

4 Advantage

Total: 4 Advantage

load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.