Takeover at Whisper Base

load previous
Dec 6, 2015 3:59 pm
Moro looks at the spewing tank to see if there's some way to stop the inferno.
Dec 6, 2015 4:48 pm
The droid maneuvered a small distance away from the custom light show realizing that he'd had better return to isolate the fuel leak before the base registered the sudden drop in tank pressure.

OOC
- 1st Maneuver - back to tank, the error needed to be corrected quickly.
- Action - isolated fuel leak safely.
- scanning put on hold until the above is complete
Last edited December 6, 2015 4:49 pm
Dec 6, 2015 9:20 pm
Moro moves cautiously towards the spewing tank and is considering how to safely tun it off when G5 rolls up and gets to work. Within a few short minutes, the jet of flame is cut off and the oppressive heat it is pumping into the vehicle bay comes to an end.
Dec 6, 2015 9:57 pm
Once the flames stop I search the body of the one who wasn't shooting, probably he was the officer. While searching I examine their clothing to see if any of it survived the flame bath.
Dec 7, 2015 12:00 am
After the battle Brosck is going to be going back to the 2 unlucky imperials that met him. He is going to look for their rank insignia, rip them off of their bodies, and place them in his pocket as trophies

He will then grab them by the wrist and start dragging them to a bush or cover to hide them.

"I don't know why the rebels have such trouble with the Empire.. "He thinks to himself. He looks over at his group shaking his head.
Last edited December 7, 2015 3:17 am
Dec 7, 2015 2:43 am
After the firefight is over, Kal checks his Carbine over quickly, making sure everything looks to be in good order. Helooks down its sights toward the far to make sure the aim is still good. "Well, that went better than expected." He walks over and slaps Kael on the back, "You did well out there kid."
Dec 7, 2015 2:50 am
Moro goes over to the fallen bodies to see if they have anything of note, value, or interest. He also looks to see if they have functional comms he can tap into.
Dec 7, 2015 3:01 am
G5 - difficulty will depend on the proposed reach of the scan - if you're keeping it to just the bay, it's pretty open and accessible to your scans (easy difficulty). If you're trying to get deeper into the base, it will be significantly harder due to the construction of the base (hard difficulty).

Re-extending his scanner mast while moving about the garage looking for a scomp link to access, G5 scans the surroundings (max range) to catalog the garage contents, Garage schematics and to see if anything else is on its way.

OOC:
- Using Scanner to additional determine if life signs are nearby along with general layout of garage, schematic-wise - Action
- Max Range on Scanner - Hard Action
- request 1 boost for scanner
- PERCEPTION: 1Y/2G/3P/1B
- Maneuver about the garage - 1st Maneuver

The sensor sweep revealed nothing as the bases construction obstructed R2-G5s attempt to extract any useful information. G5 attempted to boost the gain on the transceiver array, but pushing the relays any harder would only burn out the system.

"Beedee Boop, Boop beep bop ddoap" he announce to the team as he retracted the mast. When the team stared at him blankly...riiigghht they don't speak binary... he stopped and projected the layout of the garage and a catalog of all the contents detected using his Specialized Interface - Holo V Audio/Visual Translator unit. Nice bit of hardware. The image didn't show anything but static beyond the garage, as a red icon showed that the surround material could not be penetrated by the droid. "woooo..." let out the droid in his own disappointment.

OOC
- take 1 strain for pushing sensor system to limits
Last edited December 7, 2015 3:11 am

Rolls

PERCEPTION - Sensor Suite Package (hand scanner)

3 Success, 3 Failure, 1 Threat

Total: 1 Threat

Dec 8, 2015 5:22 am
This being an Imperial base, the sentries are each outfitted -- well, more or less identically. The Empire loves its conformity. Each of the sentries carried a light blaster pistol, and a canteen of water. There's a uniform and a sweeping Imperial helmet on each as well. Interestingly, they aren't carrying individual comms -- perhaps the Imperials are used to having a console nearby if needed. The squad leader carries a code cylinder providing a mechanism to handshake with the security system of the base to allow access deeper in.

Brosck finishes dumping his two bodies slightly out in the jungle after ripping off rank insignia from the sentries he bested as G5 communicates his failed attempt to scan deeper into the base.

You have taken the garage without alerting the rest of the post, and now have a foot in the door of Whisper Base. With a code cylinder secure from the squad leader you can use it to open the base door.
Dec 8, 2015 5:06 pm
Disappointed with the state of the uniforms I stand, take the code cylinder and wave it over the console by the door, "Shall we then?" as the door opens I look back over my shoulder at the rest of the group, "It would be convenient to get our hands on some uniforms, preferably ones that fit, and aren't shredded or scorched. Maybe aim for the face next time?"
Dec 8, 2015 6:38 pm
"Why do we need uniforms?" Brosck says as he walks over to the other 2 bodies. "we should just fght our way through all of them!"

He glances at the limp bodies and gives a snort. "If this is all they have then we will take this base in no time. " he then leans over grabs the wirst of one, the ankle of the other, and proceeds to drag the bodies behind him to the pile he started.
Last edited December 8, 2015 6:39 pm
Dec 9, 2015 6:11 pm
Moro hits himself with a stimpack. I should learn to use a medkit... seems like we may need it.... "I'll follow your lead. The rest of you are obviously better at getting in. I can work with the R2 on any technical obstacles we may face."
Dec 9, 2015 7:01 pm
"I can work with the R2 on any technical obstacles we may face." stated the Mon Cal.

With that G5 closed down the projection and rolled over towards the group settling in to a position near Moro. "whipitd beedy bop..ba ba bo" voiced in agreement.
Dec 9, 2015 10:51 pm
I shrug and step aside as the door opens, "Well, if you are content to lead the way then Brosck, I'm happy not to be the first to get shot the next time we run into a patrol." I smirk to myself, "Might be an added challenge to hit them in the face, mind you."
Dec 9, 2015 11:37 pm
"If Brosck's going to lead, I'll cover our rear" Kal states as he takes position at the back of the group
Dec 9, 2015 11:53 pm
Upon hearing Kaels Statement Brosck stops dragging the bodies and stands for a sec. Then with a quick jerk motion he tosses the bodies to the hiding spot like ragdolls.

He then turns quickly eyeing Kael and storms up to him. He gets close and meets him face to face with a serious expression and snorts.

A few more seconds pass and his serious expression tuns into a grin.

" I LIKE THE WAY YOU THINK!" He shouts and slaps Kael on the back. "I ACCEPT YOUR CHALLENGE!" He then turns to the doorway and starts to clomp through happily.
Last edited December 10, 2015 10:41 pm
Dec 10, 2015 8:18 am
I let Brosck storm into the lead, and lag back, walking beside G5. I glance down at him, and in a hushed voice, say "Brutes." with a knowing wink.
Dec 10, 2015 8:27 pm
"Brutes..." and with that G5 lets out a subtle droid equivalent to a snicker "dedededededa" and extends his 3rd leg to scoot on foward... well behind the confident Klatoonian...way back

OOC
- Stay towards the rear
- Engaged Range of Moro
- Short Range of Kael
Last edited December 10, 2015 8:30 pm
Dec 12, 2015 12:59 am
The slab of grey metal swing open with a resounding clank and as Brosk starts to proceed through it he's stopped... by a droid. It is carrying a mop and a bucket and peers at you all quizzically through its lenses. "Greetings, unfamiliar organic individual," it says to Brosk since he's in front. "This unit has been ordered to see to the cleaning of the garage bay. Please pass through the door or step aside so this unit can proceed with its onerous tasks."

The droid looks something like an old Commando droid -- from the latter stages of the Clone Wars. Despite its combat-oriented beginnings, it doesn't seem particularly threatening with the mop and bucket, nor is it making any moves towards the nearby alarm console that you spot. It has a dark silver chassis pockmarked by rust, and a restraining bolt is fastened to its chest.

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/5/50/BX-series_droid_commando.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20090310060629

Obviously, without the gun and with the mop and bucket.
Dec 12, 2015 12:19 pm
"Greetings. Please, proceed." I step to the side to let it pass, making suggestive eye contact with Moro, then glancing down at G5 as if to say is it safe to just let the droid carry on?.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.