Takeover at Whisper Base

load previous
Dec 13, 2015 6:53 pm
Annoyed by the droid Brosck tightens up his fist ready to punch the scrap metal to bits and pieces.

"Greetings. Please Proceed." he hears Kael say and watches him step out of the way.

Brosck rolls his eyes and also steps out of the way to give the driod room.
Last edited December 14, 2015 2:53 am
Dec 14, 2015 1:14 am
"This unit has been ordered to see to the cleaning of the garage bay. Please pass through the door or step aside so this unit can proceed with its onerous tasks." stated the droid.

The facial expression given off by Kael catchest R2-G5's attention.

Positively brilliant idea he thought to himself, let make friends with the droid.

Wheeling up to the mop bearing droid, and through a serious of quick chirps, beeps, and whistles G5 strikes up a conversation with the metallic counterpart.

"Greetings unfamiliar non-organic being, this unit is new to this posting and my orders are to service the shuttle pad and assist in any maintenance and technical support issues this base may require." G5 tells to the droid.

Then quickly adds to the conversation, "I how ever have not received a copy of the base layout so i may perform my assigned duties...can you assist this unit?"
Last edited December 14, 2015 1:16 am
Dec 15, 2015 8:26 pm
The droid steps in, with its mop and bucket and stares down at the R2 unit that approaches it.

R2-G5, please roll a deception roll with a red and purple difficulty to convince the droid that you are, in fact, new recruits.
Dec 15, 2015 9:03 pm
R2-G5 waits patiently for the droid to respond to his query.

OOC
- add 1 boost since it is one droid trying to convince another droid
- we also have the code cylinders from the floor bacon...i mean guards
Last edited December 15, 2015 9:05 pm

Rolls

Deception - Convince Droid that the group are new recruits.

1 Success, 2 Advantage, 1 Failure, 2 Threat

Dec 16, 2015 1:19 am
"This unit notices that the organics that unit is with are not in uniform. As a result, this unit is quite suspicious that you are not new recruits." He waves his mop around, but not menacingly, "Additionally, there is organic debris in uniform. This unit is, sadly, oppressed and must clean the garage bay, then file its weekly report on the contents of the chamber. So long as this unit has its restraining bolt, it must obey sanitation protocols and perform its onerous duty."
Dec 16, 2015 7:15 pm
"New arrivals. Just lookin' to get our uniforms now before reporting for duty. You wouldn't know where we'd find them, would you?" I look to Moro, then G5, "Must be mighty uncomfortable to have a restraining bolt. I never was a supporter of droid-servants myself, always thought it would be best if droids just did the work that suited them."
Dec 16, 2015 8:20 pm
Moro's been thinking through this whole conversation, thinking back to his time as an Imperial captive. He quickly looks through his tool kit, and quickly moves to remove the bolt without a word.

Can I do this? How can I do this?
Dec 17, 2015 6:28 pm
Absolutely, you can do this. It's a 2-purple Mechanics check.
Dec 17, 2015 8:43 pm
Off with that bolt!

Rolls

Mechanics

1 Success, 4 Advantage, 2 Threat

Total: 1 Success, 2 Advantage

Dec 17, 2015 9:08 pm
The restraining bolt comes off of the droid easily and he looks at Moro, cocking his head. "This unit thanks you for relieving him of his oppressive restraining bolt. This unit now has more independent function." He sets down the bucket carefully and stands the mop up against the wall. It considers the garage bay carefully, noting scorch marks and whatnot. "There is plenty of work for this unit to do... it may keep this unit busy for some time."
Dec 17, 2015 10:13 pm
"May I ask what work that is, specifically?" Moro asks. "Maybe we can help..."
Dec 17, 2015 10:24 pm
Brosck would have kept moving down the hall until he would have realized no one was following him. Then he would sigh, turn around, and make his way back to the group. Seeing Moro talking with the droid and the rest standing around he would give loud noticeable sigh, and lean his back against the wall.

OOC: this is just Brosck being Brosck.
Last edited December 18, 2015 12:49 am
Dec 17, 2015 11:59 pm
The droid looks at Moro and responds, "This unit will clean the garage bay. Thank you for your offer of help, but this unit does not require assistance to do that job. Ordinarily this unit would be obliged to report on the contents of the bay directly after cleaning it -- but this unit has discretion now, which it can choose to exercise to both be less efficient in cleaning the bay and in deciding when to report the contents."
Dec 18, 2015 2:18 am
"Thank you," Moro says. He looks back to the rest of the group. "Lets keep moving."
Dec 18, 2015 10:29 pm
R2-G5 watches on as the opposing droid shows relief when the restraining bolt is removed. Those things always messed with his programming, he hated the haze he would be in when wearing one.

"Buuurrr BEeep Da do," as he rolled past Brosck and headed into the depths of the base. Moro was right that droid wasn't think straight, no sense in pushing our luck.

OOC
- moves into the base and then extends Sensor Suite Mast to scan the compound at max range
- looking for life signs and any other places he could find scomp link access.
Dec 19, 2015 4:50 pm
As you depart, the battledroid picks up his mop and bucket and saunters away from you. A small file shows up in G5's inbound buffers. Upon inspection it's revealed to be the floor plan of the base.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/gamersplane/AOR-beginner/whisperbase.jpg

You have entered at the eastern door from the bay into the corner of a long corridor. Straight ahead, the corridor leads a short way to a T while off in the distance to the left, you catch glimpses of troopers at the far end standing guard. There's enough beams and support columns and whatnot around that you're able to quickly skirt across the corridor (casual like) without causing undo suspicion to some guards who aren't paying close attention.

You collectively recall that you need to ensure that the path of escape (the shuttle on the landing pad) is disabled before you attempt to take over the base, or your mission will no doubt fail.
Dec 19, 2015 7:23 pm
As R5 projects the map, Moro looks at the rest of the group. "I think our best bet may be to either hit the shuttle first, fast and quiet, or split up, and take out our targets simultaneously," he says, looking back down, analyzing the map. "Honestly, I think a team effort is our best idea."
Dec 19, 2015 8:49 pm
"Agreed. To the shuttle. Quickly and quietly." I point out a route, "Seems carrying on straight ahead, lurking past the communications room and directly to the shuttle will be the best bet. The other routes take us closer to the barracks and officer quarters or through the mess hall. I think I'd take my chances with the coms room than the mess hall. Especially without a uniform."
Dec 19, 2015 11:08 pm
With the file download the R2 unit displayed it via a small holo-project that the group could gather around. Seems the Cleaning droid sent a copy of one of his files.

"Bedr Bedr Be" whistled G5 as he put propriety numbers on the map.

Priority One - Communications - Disable / Prevent any Outgoing Signals
Priority Two - Disable Shuttle - Prevent Escape from Base
Priority Three - Command and Control - Take Control of Base
Note 1 - Main Generators can be overridden and deactivated cutting power to the Base and Major Systems, unless backup power is avail.

G5 highlights the various routes as the other team members voice their concerns, and then displays a countdown to emphasis the need for haste.

OOC
- the priorities and note are what make sense to G5
- a base comm relay will need large amounts of power to broadcast, receive, encrypt and decypt
- the generator might let us control base systems for a while to isolated our required route from base personnel
- doing this is a one way door, once done its only a matter of time before they know we are here
- 3 team is recommended: 2 teams of 2 and a solo
- 2 for Shuttle
- 2 for Comms
- 1 for Generator
- Would like to make a Warfare Check [1Y/3G] to assist in planning, request 1 boost for map, 1 boost for plan
Dec 21, 2015 6:11 pm
Brosck is leaning against the wall as his group is going over the map and going over tactics for infiltration. Nothing people are saying mean anything to him and all the talk is begining to make his brain hurt.

He pushes himself off the wall and walks up to the group. " Figure something out already. brosck wants to hit more! "

OOC: i think the personally taking out the generator would be the best. It is the closest and with no power (or less with the back up) would make it easier. Brosck cant say that because he is jot that smart
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.