Chapter 1: The Sinister Secret of Saltmarsh

load previous
Jul 24, 2019 6:05 am
OOC:
Thank you so much! I was just getting ready to write off this character.
Last edited July 24, 2019 1:20 pm
Jul 25, 2019 3:44 am
OOC:
Gotta try to save someone at least! If Terry wasn't killed outright, I would've tried to heal him up a bit :p
Jul 25, 2019 3:54 am
You follow the alchemist into the room. A bench runs down the west wall of what seems to be a laboratory. On the bench are jars of powders and liquids and several pieces of chemical apparatus.

There is a table against the south wall, forming an L-shape with the bench. A book is open on the table.

Also on the table is a candlestick, with a tiny stump of unlit candle still in it, and a variety of other items that, even in the dim light, shine with the warmth of pure gold. One of these objects looks like a human skull.

Standing by the table is the alchemist holding a vial of acid in each hand. He easily avoids Eshe's clumsy swing and prepares to throw another vial, "Stop!" he shouts, preparing to attack if you don't stop.
Jul 25, 2019 6:17 am
Lucan had a firebolt ready and launches it as the alchemist shouts. He is going for the vial
OOC:
I'll use my inspiration

Rolls

fire bolt - (1d20+5)

(11) + 5 = 16

fire bolt (inspiration) - (1d20+5)

(10) + 5 = 15

fire dammage - (1d10)

(7) = 7

Jul 25, 2019 7:38 am
Chulainn comes into the room and quickly leaps to push Lucan's arm up, sending the firebolt into the stone ceiling. What the hell? Let the skele-man talk, for gods' sake, before you burn him to death. Psychopath.
Last edited July 26, 2019 3:55 am
Jul 28, 2019 6:54 am
Chulainn manages to push Lucan hand and send the firebolt harmlessly into the sealing. He stares in shock at Chulainn
OOC:
I am totally fine with this change of events, but do I still have my inspiration or is it spent?
Jul 31, 2019 12:27 am
Chulainn pushes Lucan's arm up just in time to avoid the firebolt hitting the skeletal alchemist.
OOC:
You can keep the inspiration :)
The alchemist straightens up, "What are you doing in my home?" it asks, a bit of annoyance in its voice.
Jul 31, 2019 8:36 pm
Eshe looks confused. "We were not aware anyone still called this place home, until we came to look around and found pirates here. Who are you and why do you share your home with pirates?"
Jul 31, 2019 9:22 pm
Yeah, seriously. Why havent you tried to kill the pirates in here before us? I came here for them, unknowingly of course. Chulainn says, watching Lucan out of the corner of his eye.
Aug 1, 2019 12:30 am
Margot stays silent. Not only from the fact that this may be the alchemist that used to live here, but the fact that it didn't crack up from her hilarious joke! Then again, it might have met its final death then, sooooo...
Aug 1, 2019 6:36 pm
"They paid for use of my home," the alchemist replies simply, "Thus they are allowed to be in here."
Aug 1, 2019 8:00 pm
Eshe clutches her great axe tightly and takes up a stance to swing at the undead alchemist. "I don't know about you all, but I've heard enough from this bag of bones."
Aug 1, 2019 8:59 pm
The skeleton turns to Eshe, "Is it customary for the Olami peoples to break into people's homes and attack them?"
Aug 1, 2019 9:55 pm
"If there is some reason we should not put you to rest, then say it now."
Aug 1, 2019 10:10 pm
"The fact that I've been here for many years and never harmed anyone isn't reason enough?" the skeleton asks, sounding slightly bored by all of this.
Aug 1, 2019 10:12 pm
"Very well then. We shall leave your home." Eshe bows to the alchemist, looks at the others, and nods as she turns to leave.
Aug 1, 2019 10:13 pm
For one, he's not trying to kill us. Makes him better than the pirates at least. Plus, imagine what kind of information he could have. Doubt he'd be willing to try anything with that arrow in his head. he looks at the skeleton. How's the fathoming going? Chulainn points at his eye in a mocking manner.
OOC:
Oops, ninja'd me.
See ya, boney. Chulainn points at his own eye where his arrow aced the skeleton.
Last edited August 1, 2019 10:16 pm
Aug 1, 2019 10:30 pm
As you leave, the door closes behind you and you hear nothing else from within.
OOC:
Skeleton battle is done, you each gain 80 xp

What now?
Aug 1, 2019 10:59 pm
What does a skeleton need with money anyway? Chulainn asks rhetorically.
OOC:
There's stairs downwards right?
Right, enough nonsense. We have rats to exterminate. Chulainn moves to the stairs, bow drawn. Pong and barbarian girl should take the front. The musician and the psychopath next. I'll bring up the rear.
Aug 1, 2019 11:06 pm
Eshe chuckles at her new acquaintance's statement. "Heh. I was thinking the same thing." She nods at his plan.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.