Chapter Two: The Hippocampus on the Cracked Lintel

load previous
Jan 21, 2016 10:36 pm
About two hours after your return to the inn, you see Jeb leave the house, holding a pot. He walks around the side of the house, out of view, and goes back in a moment later.
Jan 21, 2016 11:29 pm
By the way, was it determined which deity was catered to in the octogonal hut?
Last edited January 21, 2016 11:30 pm
Jan 21, 2016 11:38 pm
It was not determined. Most such buildings contain shrines to more than one locally-venerated deity.
Jan 22, 2016 7:08 pm
Do you all want to continue observing the house and/or check on Jeb, or move on and find a boat to take you downriver?
Jan 22, 2016 7:50 pm
Let's say around 9pm, not that clocks are a thing. A few hours after dusk.
Jan 22, 2016 10:46 pm
"Doesn't look like Adan is going to leave anytime soon. Didn't happen to drop anything of yours while you were in there, did ya Mordred?" Vad says, hinting that maybe Mordred could stop by the place and check on things.
OOC:
Vad is good with heading downriver as opposed to waiting for Adan to show himself.
Jan 23, 2016 5:44 pm
Leth thinks they should continue looking for Zora, and since the bridge is on the river, that's as good a place to start as any. He is wary of being followed or led into a trap, though, and thinks they should take every precaution to be sure they are not being tracked on their way to the bridge - perhaps someone could detect or dispel magic, just in case someone has unknowingly cast some kind of magical tracking or scrying spell? I don't know if such a thing exists, but it wouldn't hurt to try haha

Upside of taking the boat: Fastest way to get to the Bridge.
Downside of taking the boat: We won't really be able to search the banks along the way, and there will be other people on the boat; perhaps people who could be watching us.
Jan 23, 2016 5:48 pm
Zangua listens as the group goes over their options. He really has nothing else to add, so he just mumbles, "Decide what the plan is, and wake me when we're ready to go." He goes to the second of the group's rooms to lay out his bedroll and catch some sleep.
Jan 23, 2016 6:08 pm
Sounds like the compromise plan would be to have somebody check on Jeb, then head down to catch a boat?
Jan 23, 2016 9:54 pm
OK, cover me.

Seeing all eyes turn towards him, Mordred sighs, gathers his cloak and heads out to Jeb's hut and knocks on the door.
Jan 24, 2016 9:02 am
After Mordred knocks, a long minute passes, then Jeb cracks the door. "He's not here anymore. Leave us alone, please."

His demeanor is short and crabby, a contrast to his fearful behavior of earlier.
Jan 24, 2016 12:31 pm
"If you can tell me about Adan, who he is, on whose behalf he is working, you will never see me or my friends again. Any information will help."
Jan 24, 2016 5:17 pm
"I don't talk about my nephew. Good night." He starts to close the door.
Jan 24, 2016 9:59 pm
"What about the symbol on your door? What does it mean? Who is the Six-Pointed Crown?"
Jan 25, 2016 4:01 am
"GO," Jeb shouts, slamming the door shut.
Jan 25, 2016 1:06 pm
Welp, sounds like we are not going to get anything out of Jeb. Let's rest up at the Inn and charter a boat in the morning. Let's station a watch in the hallway outside our rooms, just in case Adan wants his gold back. We can take shifts.
Jan 25, 2016 2:34 pm
Agreed. I think getting a boat in the morning is better since we can watch the riverbanks for any sign of Zora.
Felor will take first watch.
Jan 25, 2016 3:27 pm
After a couple hours, just as Felor is getting ready to wake somebody up to take second watch, he hears the stairs creaking softly as somebody approaches.

A figure, slight of build and covered in a heavy shawl and head-scarf, steps into the hallway. It sees Felor and hesitates, then says in a whisper: "Is the devil-kin in these rooms? I would speak with him."
Jan 26, 2016 9:53 am
"Devil-kin? Ah, you mean Mordred, I presume."
OOC:
Can I see any more detail about the person? Do they seem genuine or an assassin about to spring a trap?

Rolls

Perception check - (1d20+2)

(8) + 2 = 10

load next

Thread locked