OOC Discussion

load previous
Oct 23, 2018 4:16 pm
Finally. After nearly three years, we finally got a wild magic surge!
Oct 24, 2018 1:57 am
Woohoo!
Oct 24, 2018 5:37 am
I've tried not to be stingy with my spells, too!
Oct 24, 2018 6:56 am
I don't know about you, but if I was playing a Wild Magic apellcaster I'd like a surge every single time! Have you ever played 13th Age? The Chaos Mage class is so much fun! Each combat round, your spell category is determined randomly by die roll, so might be too much randomness for some, but there are actually feats you can take just to increase the likelihood of triggering a "High Weirdness" effect!
Oct 24, 2018 3:40 pm
You might have noticed that I started rolling for surges on cantrips now, just to get the odds tweaked.
Oct 24, 2018 3:42 pm
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
I don't know about you, but if I was playing a Wild Magic apellcaster I'd like a surge every single time! Have you ever played 13th Age? The Chaos Mage class is so much fun! Each combat round, your spell category is determined randomly by die roll, so might be too much randomness for some, but there are actually feats you can take just to increase the likelihood of triggering a "High Weirdness" effect!
I have not played it, but I've been considering running a game of it on here...
Nov 29, 2018 2:46 pm
Naatkinson says:
...the leader turns and raises a fabulous longsword in a sort of salute...
Did I just catch a whiff of R.A. Salvatore? XD
Nov 29, 2018 3:00 pm
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
Naatkinson says:
...the leader turns and raises a fabulous longsword in a sort of salute...
Did I just catch a whiff of R.A. Salvatore? XD
I have no idea what you're talking about :P
Jan 28, 2019 7:35 am
CancerMan says:
OOC:
Not my intention to catch friends in the blast.
Wasn't gonna assume either way. Hunter's been pretty erratic lately. :-) Something's gotten into her - I thought it was just Elayna but I think there's more. Mystery!

Jabes.plays.RPG sent a note to Naatkinson
Jan 29, 2019 3:28 pm
Mai'ngor keeps making those DEX saves by the akin of his teeth haha! How would Indomitable and Lucky interact if I failed a save?
Jan 29, 2019 3:49 pm
It sounds like Indomitable would let you completely re-roll it. In this case, it would be with advantage. Lucky would let you roll another d20 and then choose whichever one of the three you want to
Jan 29, 2019 4:01 pm
Ah but I mean if I applied Indomitable and STILL failed could do a Lucky reroll? Or the other way around? Sounds like cheese, but by RAW could you do it?
Jan 29, 2019 4:05 pm
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
Ah but I mean if I applied Indomitable and STILL failed could do a Lucky reroll? Or the other way around? Sounds like cheese, but by RAW could you do it?
You can still do it after indomitable. The re-roll is final, but lucky would be considered a part of the re-roll process, I think.
Jan 29, 2019 5:00 pm
At the table, I think you have to use your Luck point before you roll Indomitable, since you need to declare before the outcome is determined. Should both dice result in failure, you can then use Indomitable.

I'd imagine if your character is a halfling and you roll a 1, you could reroll that, too.
Feb 7, 2019 7:25 pm
After all this time, Mai'ngor still doesn't trust Sarith. His distrust of drow runs very deep *nods wisely*
Feb 7, 2019 7:36 pm
Quote:
Flaw: I convince myself that things are true, even in the face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary.
I've decided to play his flaw as selective xenophobia hehe!
Mar 19, 2019 6:23 pm
Quote:
As Melpomene falls, she manages to catch herself and Mai'ngor with her spell just before she hits the ground. They are hurt by the impact with the hand, but it manages to lessen the impact significantly.
What does this mean for Mai'ngor? How much damage did he take, and where have he and Melpomene ended up?
Last edited March 19, 2019 6:29 pm
Mar 19, 2019 6:24 pm
You'll end up at the bottom of the chasm, but will only take 11 damage rather than 70+
Mar 19, 2019 6:29 pm
Do I still get to have a cool scar? :-D
Mar 19, 2019 6:32 pm
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
Do I still get to have a cool scar? :-D
I'm always ok with cool scars :P
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.