CHAPTER 1: The Tainted Village of Hommlet

load previous
Sep 19, 2019 9:35 pm
Cordon smirks. More is merry I always say. Oh Yes Roth do join us.
Sep 20, 2019 2:19 am
The elf silently nods his agreement to Rolf. Another hand would always be helpful.
Sep 20, 2019 10:13 am
The road leads out to the East but then turns North-East. Burne un scrolls a map and hands it to you. He tells you to follow the Red Arrows and you will find it further North-East.

MAP HEADING OUT OF TOWN 1

MAP HEADING OUT OF TOWN 2
Sep 20, 2019 10:19 am
Shall we go then, Cootufy gives Brock a nudge, Can I leave my pony with you Mr InnKeeper?
Sep 20, 2019 10:25 am
"The Innkeeper is busy upstairs at the moment however, I am sure that this can be arranged." says Burne.
Sep 20, 2019 10:33 am
Thank you, Cootufy sets off towards the door and adventure
Sep 20, 2019 3:30 pm
Stepping out into the late morning air, Rolf stretches and takes in a deep breath before letting out a long and contended, "Aaaahhhhh!!! It's a beautiful day! And ripe for adventure!" He walks out onto the road and waits for the rest. He strings his bow while he waits, saying "Never know what you'll run into." He will follow toward the rear of the group.
Sep 20, 2019 7:19 pm
Brock follows Cootufy and Rolf outside. He looks to the sun to get his bearings, then heads East.
Sep 20, 2019 11:09 pm
Cordon is out and moving. Well at least it isn't raining. He looks about and gets a moving.
Sep 21, 2019 2:46 am
Gwylihim strung his bow as well, testing the pull. After a moment's consideration, he unstrapped his armor and stuffed it into his pack. Not having the protection was a bit worrisome, but this crude iron scale was of human make, and lacked the grace of elven mail; he needed the mobility to invoke his sorcery. He followed after the others.
Sep 21, 2019 7:53 pm
You begin to exit the town and head up the overgrown path.

A scrub of thorns. thistles, weeds. and shrubs grow thickly along the edge of the track which leads to the ruins. Even the track is mostly overgrown and cluttered with fallen branches and trees. Here and there it is washed out, In other places a mire.

Some game evidently still follows the pathway, however, for after a mile or so faint traces can be seen. But even considering this. going is slow, and it takes over an hour to reach the place on horseback, or two to trudge along on foot. Considerable hacking and clearing are necessary to make the way passable, so double the time required for the first trip. After two miles, as the track turns more northerly, the land begins to sink and become boggy. Tall marsh plants grow thickly where cattails and tamaracks do not. Off to the left can be seen the jagged silhouette of the moathouse.

A side path, banked high to cross over the wetland to either side, just north to the entrance of the ruin. The track here is only about 15 feet wide or so, with crumbling embankments making travel near the edge dangerous. The bogs stink. The vegetation appears dense and prolific, but somehow sickly and unhealthy, creepers and vines throwing their strangling loops over the skeletons of dead saplings and living bushes alike. The rushes and cattails rustle and bend even to a slight zephyr, and weird birdcalls, croakings. and other unwholesome sounds come faintly across the fen.
Sep 21, 2019 7:59 pm
Cordon trudges on, This place is out of the way for sure as he bashes away some veggie with his Footman's Mace.
Sep 21, 2019 11:47 pm
Isn’t this exciting on a real adventure in a nasty looking landscape, we just need some evil creatures to jump out of the undergrowth, Cootufy says with far to much excitement and childish amazement.
Sep 22, 2019 4:15 am
"There are tracks of game, but no tracks of men, so far." The elf spoke in a low whisper, so as not to carry far. "The mage spoke of humanoids. Given the heavy undergrowth, it would seem that any humanoids that may lurk here travel a different path than this one. Perhaps we should send a scout to make sure no sentries man the towers of the moathouse. If the path is truly unwatched, if we move with caution, and if fortune favors us, we may be able to come upon them unawares."
Sep 22, 2019 10:10 am
In OOC

As you walk along, the scrub becomes a little less and there is a pathway that seems to be 5' wide in most parts. In front of you, the pathway continues forward and a small, muddy pool can be seen to the right of the pathway. The Moathouse is crumbled in parts and there are arrow slits every 10'.

To the right of you, the Moathouse wall continues along and has crumbled somewhat in parts as well. The moat is full of muddy water and appears deep in parts.
Sep 22, 2019 12:49 pm
This surely is the place to live, but someone did at one time. Looking on, Not in a long time I suspect. Cordon will slowly take is time to navigate to the entrance to the moathouse.
Sep 22, 2019 2:41 pm
"Ach, looks like the only way in is a swim. I cannae see a dry a path to the ruin."
Sep 22, 2019 3:13 pm
"Let us go all the way around before choosing such a course. I wouldn't want my armor getting any more rusty."
Sep 22, 2019 4:36 pm
Hopefully the waters aren't too deep and perhaps we can just wade there. as he looks forward to see if the water is shallow enough to wade. He will gingerly test a way to cross with his feet if he can't spy a rod or to use to test.
Sep 22, 2019 6:29 pm
A wade for you is a swim for me big buddy, says with a bit a giggle. I agree with Gywlihim and Brock we need to look around a bit more.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.