1.0 - The Lion, The Witch, and the Demon

load previous
Jan 4, 2016 4:12 am
Tymora walks into the room as you are unloading supplies and chews her lip for a minute, seeming to search for the words to say. Alright, so from the videos Breech-a gave me things could have gone...better. Sorry guys, I didn't even know Daemon had connections to clubs in that part of town, she picks up a tool from a nearby workbench and idly fiddles with it.

From the sounds of it Preserver at least thinks it's just legitimate grunt work. If there is anything I know Daemon values more than money it is solid contractors. Maybe we can gain an ally and take out a local nuisance at the same time?
Jan 4, 2016 4:52 pm
"You couldn't have known all of his dealings, Tymora. We don't blame you. And it was perhaps our association with you that abated his desire to retaliate and got us this job. So it likely all balanced out in the end."
Jan 4, 2016 7:44 pm
Mack nods with Preserver, "I agree. Someone like Daemon has his fingers and horns in too many pies to keep track of, or the cops would have taken him down." He idly toys with his 'guns' and adds with a grin, "And perhaps we can be some solid contractors -- but I do think that suggests we should be a bit more careful this time around. The frontal assault was fun and all, but perhaps we could learn a little more collective finesse."
Jan 4, 2016 8:30 pm
Breecha loudly steps with heavy weight to his recharging station and sits with a loud CLANG.
Jan 9, 2016 12:16 pm
With a grin, Kessel points discreetly at Breecha as he whispers to Mack, "I think you hurt the big guy's feelings."
Last edited January 9, 2016 12:17 pm
Jan 9, 2016 3:58 pm
Mack shrugs, "Hard to say.. I thought he was still miffed at Tymora."

"It seems like we know these are a legit target. Breech," Mack calls, "any particular tactical elements we need to lock down before we roll?"
Jan 9, 2016 4:20 pm
"Query: Unit Conducting Reconnaissance?" asks Breecha, referring to the group as a whole. "Advisory: Scout Surrounding Area. Infiltration Route. Observation Posts. Extraction Route. Cross-Reference Available Security Feeds. Traffic Cameras. Determine Pattern Of Movement In Area."

Breecha starts to bring up a satellite map of the factory and its location on a large monitor. An overlay of streets lights up to illustrate vehicular routes. Topography is extracted for line-of-sight. Breecha begins speaking to the garage computer for additional processing power to calculate good angles to watch the factory from a distance.

"Blend In."
Jan 9, 2016 6:06 pm
Mack nods. "Thanks -- this is helpful and gives me a list of things to look at, since I think I won the blend in contest." He considers, "Nimbus," he asks the computer, "do we have any intel on that part of town. Is it a place where I can walk around and expect to be left alone as long as I'm minding my business or do I have to be sneaky?"
Jan 25, 2016 4:58 pm
Nimbus chimes in over the comms, It's a fairly low-brow part of town where any old drifter or weirdo is welcome. You should fit right in, Mack. Though open firefights will eventually draw in some peacekeepers, they have been steering clear of this part of town since the sixers moved in. They still maintain some patrols in the area, but it really is limited, so don't expect much help from others in the area.

After a few more moments Nimbus adds, Also maybe bring smaller ordinances. Large openly carried weapons may bring about undue notice either from stray peacekeepers, or from sixers themselves.
Jan 26, 2016 2:04 am
"Well, unarmed is more my style. You sure you wanna go this alone, pardner?"
Jan 26, 2016 2:48 am
"Proposition: This Unit Will Remain In Vehicle," says Breecha. "Keep In Communication Range. Station To Deploy For Backup As Needed. Unit Can Monitor Situation From Proximity."
Jan 26, 2016 5:38 am
"I agree. Nothing says heavy ordnance than a Br33ch-A unit. "
Jan 26, 2016 2:37 pm
"My recent system upgrades could prove of value. I could become a cat, or a stray dog and perform recon that way." There is an excited, almost giddy, tone to what Preserver is saying, and a big dumb grin that tells you he hasn't really thought about this plan, he just wants to try out his new trick.
Jan 27, 2016 10:17 pm
Mack looks at Preserver, "Really? That sounds interesting. I guess if you're a cat or a dog it doesn't matter if you're particularly sneaky -- because you're just a cat or a dog." He scratches his cheek, distracted like, "I'm not excited about the idea of skulking around, if you think it'll work Preserver, let's go with you. Breech's plan is a good one -- we can get the van in and Kessel, Breech and I can hang out in back as the cavalry in case you need support."
Jan 28, 2016 1:47 am
"Roger that!" the bot says excitedly.
Jan 28, 2016 6:08 am
"This Unit Is Ready For Deployment," says Breecha. As he sits in the charging station, a monitor above his head begins to display his query into public records of The Sixers such as news articles or blog posts. Another search is looking for events taking place in the neighborhood that may affect their reconnaissance.

Given that his processors aren't the greatest when it comes to cross-referencing materials, the progress is slow and deliberate. One might get the feeling that Breecha is doing it not only for the off-chance that some suitable intel could be gleaned, but to also pass the time.

Rolls

Investigation on The Sixers - (1d20-1)

(20) - 1 = 19

Investigation on Events - (1d20-1)

(10) - 1 = 9

Jan 28, 2016 9:28 pm
Mack looks around. "I guess we can go now if there's nothing else that needs doing. Perhaps we can hit that noodle joint over on Gothmag Boulevard on our way over. That old kobold knows how to spin some tasty noodles and his noodle soup makes my mouth water."
Feb 2, 2016 3:14 pm
OOC:
I'm going to spin up a new forum for the next part of the adventure.

Thread locked