The Haunted House (Marcellus)

load previous
Apr 2, 2020 4:40 pm
Zel rolls his eyes, though whether at Keung-Ru's act or because he can't find his gear, one cannot tell.

"Name's Zel" he responds to Katlynntaine, his eyes quickly picking up on the signs scribbled on the paper. "And I'm guessing that's code for something. Or the guide for some... riddle? Mysterious lock?" he adds, his mind clearly racing someplace else.

"Anyway, thank you for getting me out of this predicament. Mind if we stick together for a while?"
Apr 2, 2020 4:46 pm
"The more the merrier, I suppose," says Katlynntaine. "I'm here looking for the fabled library. Others are here looking for... adventure, maybe, same as you?"
Apr 2, 2020 5:24 pm
Keung-Ru slightly raises his right hand holding the lantern saying, "Library..." he then lowers the lantern and finishes with, "As well as anything that might be lying around that could be of some value."
Apr 2, 2020 5:28 pm
Katlynntaine points towards the alcove in the skeleton room. "There were some gold items back there," she says idly. "Don't know if they were real gold, but it looked shiny. A couple of those rib bones, too."
Apr 2, 2020 5:31 pm
"No kidding hmm... thanks." Keung-Ru moves off to take a look at this potentially golden objects. Upon finding them he will examine them to see if he can determine if they are really made of real gold, or were gold plate, or if it were just some kind of fake substance that resembled the look of gold.
Apr 3, 2020 5:15 pm
They appear to be made of real gold. Definitely not gold-plated and if it isn't real gold, then it's good enough to fool an expert.
Apr 6, 2020 12:21 am
"I'd be interested in that library, assuming it's more than just a local legend, of course. Shall we proceed?" Zel ponders out loud, looking at his options.
OOC:
Speaking of which, I'm a little lost regarding the layout of where we are and where we can go to
Apr 6, 2020 1:27 am
OOC:
You are currently in the cellar of the old house, much of which was largely unexplored. From here, you can go back up the stairs to the kitchen or up the stairs to the trapdoor that enters into the barracks.
Apr 6, 2020 4:04 am
Keung-Ru will gather up the various golden objects including the gold tip bones if he can acquire these otherwise he will ask for assistance in acquiring them. Once he has those stowed he will return to the group, "Well we can finance a few things with what was in that room. So are we ready to find out the rest this place has to offer us?"
Last edited April 6, 2020 4:05 am
Apr 6, 2020 1:57 pm
"Well, if there is a library, it's probably on the top floor of the mansion" Zel deduces. "Apparently the alchemist's lab was down here. I'd be happy to take point, but so far that hasn't worked out very well for me..."
Apr 6, 2020 4:16 pm
Katlynntaine helps in smashing the rib bones off of the skeletons. She seems to have no interest in the gold, but understands that others place value on the objects.

"Aye, we came down here because we heard a cry, or a scream,"
says the dwarf. "Maybe that was you?"
Apr 11, 2020 6:35 pm
"In case you failed to notice, I was gagged" Zel responds. "You might think 'But Zel, you can do magic' and you'd be right, but I was also bound so I couldn't do the gestures." He pauses for a brief moment. "Short answer, no, it wasn't me. Couldn't have been me."
Apr 14, 2020 2:40 pm
Katlynntaine nods. "Right, let's move on, then. There's some stairs that lead to a sleeping hall of sorts. If folk were living here, that's likely where we'd find clues as to who it was."
Apr 14, 2020 3:02 pm
"Shall I scout ahead or would you rather take the lead?"
Apr 14, 2020 3:05 pm
"Yeah, you go first," replies Katlynntaine. "That way if we see you running back to hide behind us, we'll know someone's home."
Apr 14, 2020 3:31 pm
Keung-Ru laughs at Katty's comment then says, "Well please give me space your heavy tread would wake the dead... the next town over," before he begins to cautiously and quietly move up the stairs.
Apr 14, 2020 3:44 pm
Huck clutches his spear with a tight grip, his knuckles turning white, as he follows this person up the stairs.
Apr 14, 2020 4:43 pm
Zel mutters some arcane incantations as he draws a shape in the air. The mild glow left behind by his hand's tracing consolidates and then flows to his chest, wrapping around his torso before disappearing with a final shimmer.
OOC:
Casting Mage Armor
"Right, I'm good to go" he exclaims as he follows the others above.
Apr 14, 2020 6:25 pm
OOC:
I presume that you are referring to the stairs at the western end of the barracks area?
Apr 14, 2020 6:28 pm
OOC:
Yes, let's check out the barracks area first.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.