Mission 1(The Raid):

load previous
Dec 22, 2019 11:41 am
Gabrien nods as he catalogs they items anyway. "We better not carry these all together. Things like these can get squirrelly if they're to close together for two long. Thank you, quartermaster."

Loading it all back into the wheelbarrow, Gabrien suggests they go find Ash.
Dec 22, 2019 2:30 pm
"Yeah, they seem to disappear if you carry them on you. Or maybe it's just me... Anyways, bye!" The Quartermaster waves at the two of them as they leave.
OOC:
I'll let you know that if you just have it in the wheelbarrow, the Cyphers will not disappear, but you won't be able to use them unless you intentionally take them on your person. When you do, cypher limit rules will take place and they are usable by you.
Dec 22, 2019 3:15 pm
Waves a friendly gesture of goodbye to the quatermaster. Tagging along with Gabrien searching for Ash. "I've never seen anything like this before. Must be some kind of magic?"
OOC:
Did we have prior knowledge of Cyphers?
Dec 23, 2019 6:44 am
OOC:
Actually you don't, but it'll be kind of a meta game for you to understand how to use the Cyphers, so I'll say its some kind of mysterious knowledge that passes into you, feeling like some magical/spiritual energies, and you will notice a definite lack of knowledge about the hand mirror.
Dec 23, 2019 1:54 pm
"Greetings Ma'am. I'm in search of Elena about her recent discussion with Leader since it might involve our current task. Is she available?" Ash states after moving straight to the elderly woman.
Dec 23, 2019 2:19 pm
The woman did not move, but then she suddenly shouts: "Ey! Couzin Elena! Zome body wanna zee you!" The old woman went back to being unmoving as a voice from the back of the house answered: "Alright, I'm coming over!" That sounds like Elena.

As the door opens up, Frim's Advisor stands at the entrance wiping her hands on her dress. "Hi, what may I do for you?"
Dec 23, 2019 2:30 pm
"The leader has tasked us with finding food caches covertly probably if possible to ensure intergrity and likely subjugation of a fire based monster in the area to expand to that area as an outpost or satellite safe haven. Since you were arguing with him right before he gave us the mission was there something else we needed to keep in mind or something you would like us to investigate as a secondary objective there. Like why the monster's are there or their possible origin." he states looking straight at the woman upon her request.
Dec 23, 2019 3:00 pm
Elena thought for a moment answering. "Well, I guess it can't be helped that people can hear us, Frim is a really loud speaker. But as for your concern, yes, there is something that troubles me about the mission. In terms of the monsters not being as completely evil as Frim thinks they are. While yes, they can be violent and kill humans, but it is more like they are not aware of their strength. They can be surprisingly decent, if you know them. I befriended one before, but... Well, I had my duties to ensure my family is still doing well under this courageous yet single-minded man.

As me wanting you to do anything, I suppose its too avoid having to kill any of them. It would make me feel better if you can spare the town's folk. I believe in time they can evolve to be not so dangerous. Of course, Frim will like to see all them wiped out. But it's up to you to decide what to do. I shan't beg you people to stop."
OOC:
Lore: The monsters are known to be able to evolve and adapt over time to their surroundings rather quickly.
Dec 23, 2019 3:05 pm
"So if we turn to negotiations we may not gain another location for operations but it would be possible to increase our military forces on an innate level... I'll keep that in mind. Thank you for the information Advisor Elena." Ash deduces and nods before turning around to leave.

He'll brief the others once they're on the mission out of the village.
OOC:
I'll let the others know what I've found out and my thoughts once we're out of the safe zone and Ash's interpretation on the mission.
Dec 23, 2019 3:18 pm
"Oh, and before you go, I have something I would like for you to take with you. I don't know what exactly they are, but they seem to give me weird dreams when I brought them in as decorations. They could be useful, I don't know. Anyways, goodbye, and stay safe..." Elena watches Ash until he leaves her sight.
[ +- ] The items:

Rolls

Secret Roll

Secret Roll

Dec 23, 2019 3:43 pm
While Kelfeli and Gabrien were waiting around at the guarded entrance of the camp, an elderly man walk up to them. He is dressed in yellow and white robes that has a hand drawn symbol of Rulosis, the dragon god that is believed to have created the world. "I hope you don't me performing a little blessing for you before your mission." The old man then made an elaborate gesture with his hands and arms. "May Rulosis watch over you from above! And may His eternal fire burn in you..." He then walks off as Ash arrives.
Dec 23, 2019 3:56 pm
"What was that alcohol pitch?" Ash asks watching the stranger walk off, "Talk to the advisor also I'll fill you in one the way."
Dec 24, 2019 5:08 am
You three begin your trek in the North West direction to find the town. Along the way through the ember coloured forest, you may occasionally find traces of items left behind. Mostly they are discarded written paper, pieces of torn clothing, or even skeletal remains of an unfortunate Human.

Ash can attempt to try to identify the remaining items/cyphers with a 3d20 roll. Also, make a perception(intellect) check to see how well each of you observe your surroundings.
Dec 24, 2019 12:55 pm
"Advisor Elena has conversed with these flame entities with these items she gave me I think, they are dangers but so are humans. If we can reason with them and form a symbiotic partnership for in the future it might be better to have more allies then enemies... but in the case of self preservation I think we're okay to defend ourselves... But lets investigate and use our words."
OOC:
Unsure if the items would actually help in discussion or to use her as a reference or random things that will be part of our cobbled cyphers.

Rolls

Trained in The Strange Cypher 1 - (1d20)

(16) = 16

(15) = 15

(20) = 20

Perception w/ effort edge of 2 - (1d20)

(3) = 3

Dec 24, 2019 3:21 pm
OOC:
Just letting you know that Elena did not exactly mean that she spoke with the flame monsters, but your character can still choose to interpret it that way.
Dec 24, 2019 5:10 pm
Listens to Ash describe the conversation with the advisor. Ash, I agree with the advisor to not kill the creatures unless it's self defense. The creatures shouldnt need the stored food. Perhaps instead of taking it we could trade our skills for the food instead. Not sure how she was able to communicate with them.
OOC:
How do you want us to use the help rule? E.g. Helping another PC unlock a door?

Rolls

Intellect Roll - No effort or skills used - (1d20)

(7) = 7

Dec 24, 2019 5:32 pm
Gabrien shakes his head. "Allies? Is that possible or just a desperate dream of madness? If the opportunity arises, I suppose we must be on the look out, but the mission is ten times more dangerous if we have to wait for them to prove treachery."
Dec 25, 2019 5:35 am
[ +- ] The remaining items:
OOC:
The help rule follows the rules given by The Stranger's system. If the actor is not skilled, but the helper is, they reduce the difficulty by 1 step. If not, then it will be a +1 bonus to actor's roll.

For your example, maybe a breaking in(strength) roll is used. If you are and your partner is not skilled, working together gives a simple +1. If only your partner is skilled, he will make your attempt easier with a - 1 to difficulty step. If only you are skilled, then your partner ain't gonna give much extra help, so it will be +1 to you.
Dec 26, 2019 6:18 am
While you guys travel under the shade, the lighting dimmed suddenly. You see that the spots of light caused by the sun shining through the leaves on the ground is now a crescent. You look up, and see nothing, except for the painfully bright sun. You look down, and the spots become full circles again...
OOC:
Meta comment on the eclipse that happened.
Dec 26, 2019 6:19 am
OOC:
Gabrien left to make a perception roll.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.