Escape from Skull Prison/Character Sheets

Jan 21, 2020 4:41 am
heres a thread to post who your characters are and why for the introductory adventure "Escape From Skull Prison" are your characters in Skull Prison.
Jan 21, 2020 8:27 am
Name: Quentin
Archetype: The Smart
Concept: Cyborg decker hiding from Galactic Overlord
Level; Next level: 1; 0/2
Statistics: Physique 14; (P)Agility 8; (P)Intellect 12; Willpower 10
Body stress: 0/14
Vitality: 15/15; Sanity: 12/12; Luck: 4; Creds: 2
Complication: Hunted by an Overlord for theft
Archetype abilities:
Recovery Roll: 1d6
[ +- ] I Can Fix This
[ +- ] I Made Some Improvements
[ +- ] Machines Speak to Me
[ +- ] I’ve Read About This
Equipment:
Rations (week)
Batteries x5
- Armor: Leather coat, DR 1; Shield: none;
- Weapons:
Hand telescope blade, RNG melee, DMG 1d6-1;
Augmentations: WIP
[ +- ] Backstory
Last edited January 21, 2020 9:47 am

Rolls

Stat 1 - (3d6)

(622) = 10

Stat 2 - (3d6)

(332) = 8

Stat 3 - (3d6)

(635) = 14

Stat 4 - (3d6)

(462) = 12

Jan 21, 2020 10:08 pm
NAME: Epistocon 457
RACE: Cyberian
Archetype: The Nimble

ABILITY SCORES:
Physique: 14
Agility: 17
Intellect: 12
Willpower: 8

Complication: A bloodthirsty Pirate is after Epi's ass, supposedly for some slight.

Special Abilities: You Can't Hit Me The character can impose a number of Negative Dice on attacks against them per combat equal to their Level.
That's an Easy Target Instead of needing a full combat round to aim a shot, The Nimble can forego their Movement in a round to get the same benefit as someone aiming for a full round.
Luck is On My Side Characters from this Archetype can reroll a number of Luck Rolls per adventure equal to their Level.
I Know How to Do This they learn an additional profession at each odd Level, beginning at first. These professions can be used just like Concepts, granting and imposing Positive or Negative Dice.

Vitality: 15
Sanity: 12
Luck: 3
Credits: 2

Equipment:
Rifle, breach loading up to 6 cartridges, d6+1damage
Stiletto, d6-1 damage, easily hidden
Armor, long heavy leather coat, reduces physical damage by 1 pt.
Mechanical Toolkit

Assume that since we are likely imprisoned that the gear is stored elsewhere.

BACKGROUND:
After an unimpressive youth on his Cyberian homeworld Epi looked to improve his standing by learning to pilot spacecraft. He did this through logic and simple pestering of the right people. As was to be expected he got bored after a couple of years of ferry work between planets and stations and started looking for something more adventurous. A visit to a rather sordid place of entertainment led Epi to fall in with a ne'er-do-well band of pirates who happened to be looking for a hot shot pilot. It didn't take too long for Epi to realize what nasty people these were and for him to decide he had better look elsewhere for his thrills. Opportunity knocked a short time later when the pirates were accosting a small freighter on its way to Tau Ceti 3 with a rather rich cargo. He was told to stay aboard ship and have things ready to go at a split second. He took advantage of the situation and took off while the others were right in the middle of their assault.

Because he had not given any thought to where he would go there was no paper trail to follow. All he meant to do was get as far away as he could.
Last edited January 21, 2020 10:11 pm
Jan 31, 2020 5:55 am
Name: Lurk Shadewalker
Archetype: The Tough
Concept: Angsty Human warrior of an Overlord
Level; Next level:
Statistics: Physique 15(P) , Agility 12(P), Willpower 11, Intellect 10
Recovery roll: 1d6+2
Vitality: 17/17; Sanity: 10/10; Luck: 4; Creds: 2
Equipment:
1 medium laser blade, 1 medium suit of armour, 1 small knife.

Other details: Is 22 years old. Has parents that are aliens that look like humanoid lizards. Has secret desires of freedom.
Complication: "It is my Duty to return home in service to my Overlord as long as I'm still alive."
Special Abilities:
● Too Tough to Die: Once per adventure, upon reaching 0 Vitality, The Tough immediately regains
1d6 + Level Vitality points. This represents the character’s strong resilience and unfaltering
determination.
● Feel the Pain: No one strikes as hard as The Tough. All melee damage inflicted by the character
is increased by 1 (so if the weapon’s normal damage is 1d6, The Tough would cause 1d6+1
points of damage when using that weapon).
● I Can Take 'Em All: The Tough knows how to take advantage of their superior combat prowess.
The character can make a number of extra attacks per round equal to the difference between
their Level and the highest number of HD possessed by an opponent in close range
● That’s my Favorite: The Tough chooses one particular type of melee weapon as their favorite.
When using weapons of that type, the character rolls a Positive Die when attacking.
Backstory:
"My name is Lurk Shadewalker. I am a warrior in training for the local overlord named Seeth. I am a human raised by cunning Reptilian alien parents, who have led me to down a path of desiring to rise in power and rank under the overlord's sorcerous rule. One day, my colleague decided to betray me, which eventually landed me in Skull Prison. I'm bidding my time to find a way to escape... "
Last edited February 4, 2020 12:35 pm

Rolls

Stat rolling. - (3d6, 3d6, 3d6, 3d6)

3d6 : (164) = 11

3d6 : (663) = 15

3d6 : (226) = 10

3d6 : (561) = 12

Feb 2, 2020 1:45 am
How do I decide starting equipment?
Feb 3, 2020 12:08 am
RoAries says:
How do I decide starting equipment?
you can look that up on chapter 3 here
Mar 5, 2020 5:05 am
Is there any more developments of this I did not know of?
Mar 5, 2020 5:25 am
I haven't hears anything from our GM anywhere on this site.
Mar 16, 2020 5:32 pm
hi heres a character i made, just in case i don't want to be a GM.

Character Name
Lance Stargos
Character Sheet
Archetype: Tough

Concept: Lance Stargos is a Trekkat Soldier from the Barbaric Legions.

Complication: Lance has a dark secret. he accidentally killed a family on a mission to stop one of the Galactic Overlords armies. it has haunted him ever since. due to the guilt he allowed himself to be captured and sent to The Skull Prision.

Physique: 15

Agility 7

Intellect 12

Willpower 10

Vitality 17

Sanity 12

Luck 3

Equipment: Light Armour, Medium Vibroblade, Camera, Canteen, Backpack, com device.

Credits N/A

Archetype Abilities : ? Too Tough to Die: Once per adventure, upon reaching 0 Vitality, The Tough immediately regains
1d6 + Level Vitality points. This represents the character?s strong resilience and unfaltering
determination.
* Feel the Pain: No one strikes as hard as The Tough. All melee damage inflicted by the character
is increased by 1 (so if the weapon?s normal damage is 1d6, The Tough would cause 1d6+1
points of damage when using that weapon).
* I Can Take 'Em All: The Tough knows how to take advantage of their superior combat prowess.
The character can make a number of extra attacks per round equal to the difference between
their Level and the highest number of HD possessed by an opponent in close range
* That?s my Favorite: The Tough chooses one particular type of melee weapon as their favorite.
When using weapons of that type, the character rolls a Positive Die when attacking.
Mar 24, 2020 3:03 pm
Professor Myron Blass Human/The Smart - older middle aged scientist, looks even older than he is (and he look pretty rough).

Physique: 4

Agility: 12

Intellect: 14

Willpower: 12

Vitality: 5
Sanity: 14
Luck: 4

Complication: Secret - Forbidden Knowledge

I'm fine with having the Forbidden Knowledge being something that can spur the plot, or be used in some other creative way - I don't have to know what I know.

Equipment: I'm also fine with being put through the ringer and being on the run, or starting with nothing if this helps the game in any way. If possible being in the prison under another identity, so they're unaware of whom they've really got.
Last edited March 24, 2020 3:08 pm
Mar 25, 2020 11:48 pm
oldschoolfool says:
Professor Myron Blass Human/The Smart - older middle aged scientist, looks even older than he is (and he look pretty rough).

I'm fine with having the Forbidden Knowledge being something that can spur the plot, or be used in some other creative way - I don't have to know what I know.

Equipment: I'm also fine with being put through the ringer and being on the run, or starting with nothing if this helps the game in any way. If possible being in the prison under another identity, so they're unaware of whom they've really got.
ok so why was he imprisoned at Skull Prison?
Mar 26, 2020 2:07 am
bigfootRULES says:
oldschoolfool says:

ok so why was he imprisoned at Skull Prison?
He's broke and his Forbidden Knowledge is quite dangerous and quite valuable, he can't leverage that knowledge to right himself - it's just too dangerous. He was swept up in a mass bust under an assumed identity, using some basic science to make rather illegal powders and pills. Now he's really in deep, he figures it's just a matter of time before they (the powers that be at the prison) figure out who he is, and his secret also get him into even more trouble.
Apr 6, 2020 12:40 am
ok now that everybody's here we can begin the adventure, this is my first time being a game master or Overlord so i might make some mistakes on the way. so here is the setting for this adventure of Solar Blades and Cosmic Spells

The Skull Prison is a dark brooding prison administered by a private independent security force. It sits in the vacuum of space in a secret location, making it almost impossible for anyone to try to get to it, unless they are security agents themselves. They accept prisoners from Galactic Overlords, Crime Lords, corporations and anyone who can pay their prices or can provide other kinds of favors.

Guards are corrupt, violent and unconcerned with the prisoners’ security. As long as they stay within the prison and do not harm the prison property, they can do whatever they want to each other.

Prisoner life is rough. Not only are the guards extremely violent and careless, food is scarce, hygiene is terrible, and you even have to fight to have a bed to sleep upon. Major criminal factions dominate sections of the prison, making the mere act of talking to the wrong person a perilous task. That means unaffiliated prisoners need to keep their eyes open and find others to help them survive.

to sum it up. life sucks for all of you. you are all in your cells in the circular cell court , doing what you always have been doing since you where incarcerated when suddenly the lights go out, and the doors to your cells open. you all step out and it is chaos! the prisoners are rioting, Skull Sentinels are trying to maintain order, ect ect
Apr 6, 2020 2:12 am
In the days preceding this has there been any indication of trouble, other than the normal terrible stuff that goes on?

Myron will stay near his cell, carefully trying his best to protect himself.
Apr 6, 2020 3:12 am
oldschoolfool says:
In the days preceding this has there been any indication of trouble, other than the normal terrible stuff that goes on?

Myron will stay near his cell, carefully trying his best to protect himself.
nope this has never happened before in your time here in the prison.

you decided to stay in your cell for now while the chaos is ensuing. two inmates (hd: 1) are beating the crap out of each other while a Skull Sentry (hd: 3) is yelling from the security tower to cease and desist before he fires at the inmates.
Apr 6, 2020 5:57 am
It seems the guards didn't really know what to do with Epi as he was known to his friends of which there were very few in this forsaken place. They didn't know how to disarm him because they couldn't figure out if there were any weapons concealed within his 'body'. None of the oldtimers in the prison wanted to have anything to do with him because they thought he might be able to burn them to a cinder just with his 'eyes' which was just fine with him. He couldn't understand how he even got here. He thought he had gotten clean away from the pirates who had hired him to pilot their ship. Apparently they rigged it somehow to track it. And they must have called the authorities to report it stolen. Whatever it was, it didn't matter now. The place seemed like it was about to go up in flames but what could be a disaster could also be an opportunity. From the bars of his cell he calculated all the permutations of any possible escape plan.
Last edited April 6, 2020 11:52 pm
Apr 6, 2020 6:53 am
Lurk remains in his cell while still in meditation. Eventually he opens his eyes to witness the chaos infront of him. He calmly picks himself up and check again what he has on him...
OOC:
Let me know what he has with him and his cell. And also, if he could have a hidden dagger/makeshift shiv.
Apr 6, 2020 12:20 pm
Myron looks to hit the deck if the guard are going to open fire, he's not going to rush from the frying pan into the fire without a good reason.
Apr 6, 2020 4:33 pm
RoAries says:
Lurk remains in his cell while still in meditation. Eventually he opens his eyes to witness the chaos infront of him. He calmly picks himself up and check again what he has on him...
OOC:
Let me know what he has with him and his cell. And also, if he could have a hidden dagger/makeshift shiv.
i don't know if you even have the weapons in the beginning of this adventure like i said this is my first time RP-ing.
Apr 7, 2020 9:02 am
Lurk will also remain in his cell as he watch the inmates get gunned down. He waits till either the guard at the tower is distracted, or that a guard comes into the room that he could wrestle a weapon out of.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.