OOC thread

load previous
Jan 22, 2020 5:03 pm
3rd lvl now there is an ideal. You could be established adventurers or even a troupe.
Jan 22, 2020 5:15 pm
Love it. Local small town heros make good. Let you dig into some more complex adventure material as well.
Jan 22, 2020 5:25 pm
I’m down with it. Let me know if you need any supplement suggestions
Jan 22, 2020 5:30 pm
dibs on the Fighter. Straight up - Fighter. :)
Last edited January 22, 2020 7:03 pm
Jan 22, 2020 5:55 pm
Thinking maybe I'll be an elven wizard if we are using the BFRPG version of BECMI. Gives me a bit more utility what with infravision and secret door detection...
Str 9
Dex 13
Con 9
Int 15
Wis 11
Cha 11
Jan 22, 2020 7:03 pm
MIND Change - how about me... a Thief instead! :D
Jan 22, 2020 7:04 pm
Every party needs a good thief ;)
Jan 22, 2020 7:20 pm
Curse of Strahd is one of the best rated modules of all time, often number 1. I also like Out of the Abyss as it starts play in the Underdark which is full of cool environments and monsters, a major deviation from the usual above ground play.
Jan 22, 2020 9:21 pm
Man, this BFRPG system really helps the thief class out by allowing demihumans to pick their classes (unlike regular becmi). A dwarven thief would not only have infravision but also a double chance to find traps in dungeon corridors due to the dwarfs innate ability to do so.

As a human thief in regular becmi I always have the problem that since I cant see in the dark I am either sneaking around blind or carrying a torch/candle/lantern... all of which give away my position!
Jan 22, 2020 11:01 pm
Yasss. Lol. I’m really digging BFRPG
Jan 22, 2020 11:21 pm
Ok then since Strahd wants heroes to help "save him" a little reknown wouldn't hurt.

Let's say for this so I can start some prep is:
Adventure - Curse of Strahd
Starting Level: 3rd

Now to see if there is a player's guide.
Jan 22, 2020 11:47 pm
Oh boy, dark days ahead! The demiplane of terror never disappoints...
Jan 22, 2020 11:57 pm
Not yet for me either, I have found no player's guide but dozens of supplements and adventure ideals.

So I guess you need to decide if your character is a native of Barovia or from some other D&D plane.
Jan 23, 2020 12:41 am
I was thinking of maybe being an outcast Vistani... but it might be better for group cohesion if we all got sucked into the plane together as outsiders.
Jan 23, 2020 12:43 am
Doesn't matter to me what level we start with as long as I can do the levels right. BTW.. I call Ranger
Jan 23, 2020 1:29 am
It's a modified version of Basic D&D (BECMI) called Basic Fantasy RPG and unfortunately there aren't rangers :( only fighters, clerics, thieves, and wizards.

You could make a fighter, put your best stat in Dex, and focus on archery... just a thought
Jan 23, 2020 1:31 am
OR, maybe even more on point, you could make an elf fighter/thief so you get that mix of martial ability and stealth that the ranger champions...
Jan 23, 2020 2:06 am
There are loads of supplemental classes/races available! It just depends on if the GM wants to allow any of them.

Rangers & Paladins

Basic Class Focuses

The basic class focuses is really cool without dumping loads of other classes into the mix but adds enough balanced variety.
Jan 23, 2020 3:14 am
Oh what? Game changer! I only have the core manual, with the basic 4 classes. I've got some reading to do ;)
Jan 23, 2020 3:18 am
yasss, loads of pdfs on there. great content.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.