OOC thread

load previous
Jan 24, 2020 5:24 am
I have to fix my character.. I forgot ARMOR!!! lol.. going to have to dump some stuff to get that 20gp I need now.. arrghh
Jan 24, 2020 5:32 am
checking on your character even now, love the pic btw. All you should worry about is your background and what you've done to now be lvl 3
Jan 24, 2020 5:35 am
CrossFire01 says:
checking on your character even now, love the pic btw. All you should worry about is your background and what you've done to now be lvl 3
Yeah, I didn't have much room to write something up on it.. I'll write it on a different page more detailed.
Jan 24, 2020 5:44 am
What about attribute point exchange? The 2 for 1 method ike in BECMI? Its mentioned in the bfrpg core rule book as an option the DM may allow.
Jan 24, 2020 6:10 am
Let's save that for the 2nd/3rd characters give the players more of a build to. Even though I will change the stat rolls. These first characters wish to keep as close to normal as possible and see how it goes.
Jan 24, 2020 6:16 am
Right on. Earlier you mentioned being able to use the rules supplements from basicfantasy.org, one of the supplements for mages is the inclusion of cantrips as 0 level spells. Can I use this?
Jan 24, 2020 6:17 am
@kbranden I see the following from your first sheet:

- Atk bonus should be +1; it will be +2 for ranged(daggers/spears) +4 for short or longbow, which is very ranger like
- I don't see ranger saving throws or if they are to use an existing chart. I think they should use the thief saves and paladins might use cleric saves. not sure still looking/reading into it. For now use the thief chart. We will use the allocating of points for moving silently and hide and such so please list how you spend them (sry for the extra work). And lastly you need a favored enemy.
Jan 24, 2020 6:41 am
Hmm.. well, I'm confused then. The Ranger Sup says that for all purposes to use everything from a fighter.
Quote:
"The new classes described in this supplement are considered subclasses of the Fighter. As such, they have the same
attack bonus and saving throws as Fighters of the same level.
pg 1 of Ranger Supplement

This would be a +2 to attack at level 3 using the fighter attack bonus. The +1 was the ranged bonus based on my dex.

NOW.. with that, I did forget something from the Rangers Sup.

"Rangers are always expert bowmen. When using any regular bow (shortbow or longbow, but not crossbow), a Ranger adds +2 to his or her Attack Bonus."

if I understand this correctly, I should have an Attack Bonus of +2 because of being a fighter, but whenever I use a shortbow, I get the +2 range bonus for being an expert bowmen as well as a +1 for my dex.

So, I would think it would be +2 generic attack bonus, Melee bonus +0, Range Bonus (+3) Note: i+3 is only if using a short or longbow only, otherwise my range is just a +1.

That would be..
Using a melee weapon: attack bonus +2 (because fighter 3 level) +0 no strangth bonus = +2
Using a ranged weapon that is not a short or longbow (+2 attack bonus and +1 dex bonus) = +3
Using a short or longbow (+2 attack bonus for fighter 3 level), +2 for expert bowman, +1 for dex = +5.

What am I missing?

Oh, and my Chosen Enemy is on my char sheet as Orc. I get +3 damage against them I believe.
Last edited January 24, 2020 7:10 am
Jan 24, 2020 6:45 am
God I feel like I'm talking too much but I'd also like to ask about the necromancer class supplement, seeing as how we are doing Curse of Strahd it seems like it might be very on theme and gothic-horror cool. Like maybe an exiled female elven necromancer; cast out from her people for working forbidden magics or something.
Jan 24, 2020 6:58 am
CrossFire01 says:
@kbranden I see the following from your first sheet:

We will use the allocating of points for moving silently and hide and such so please list how you spend them (sry for the extra work). And lastly you need a favored enemy.
Ahh.. ok, I have them on the sheet, but I just used the chart values. I will do allocation then. I thought I asked you about that and you said just use what's in the supplemental but maybe I misunderstood.
Jan 24, 2020 7:06 am
kbranden says:
Hmm.. well, I'm confused then. The Ranger Sup says that for all purposes to use everything from a fighter.

"The new classes described in this supplement are considered subclasses of the Fighter. As such, they have the same
attack bonus and saving throws as Fighters of the same level.

This would be a +2 to attack at level 3 using the fighter attack bonus. The +1 was the ranged bonus based on my dex.

NOW.. with that, I did forget something from the Rangers Sup.

"Rangers are always expert bowmen. When using any regular bow (shortbow or longbow, but not crossbow), a Ranger adds +2 to his or her Attack Bonus."

if I understand this correctly, I should have an Attack Bonus of +2 because of being a fighter, but whenever I use a shortbow, I get the +2 range bonus for being an expert bowmen as well as a +1 for my dex.

So, I would think it would be +2 generic attack bonus, Melee bonus +0, Range Bonus (+3) Note: i+3 is only if using a short or longbow only, otherwise my range is just a +1.

That would be..
Using a melee weapon: attack bonus +2 (because fighter 3 level) +0 no strangth bonus = +2
Using a ranged weapon that is not a short or longbow (+2 attack bonus and +1 dex bonus) = +3
Using a short or longbow (+2 attack bonus for fighter 3 level), +2 for expert bowman, +1 for dex = +5.

What am I missing?

Oh, and my Chosen Enemy is on my char sheet as Orc. I get +3 damage against them I believe.
Probably me missing things then. I may need another read through. Use the supplements over my bad judgement.
Jan 24, 2020 7:07 am
dominion451 says:
God I feel like I'm talking too much but I'd also like to ask about the necromancer class supplement, seeing as how we are doing Curse of Strahd it seems like it might be very on theme and gothic-horror cool. Like maybe an exiled female elven necromancer; cast out from her people for working forbidden magics or something.
You meta gamer you! lol
Jan 24, 2020 7:07 am
dominion451 says:
Right on. Earlier you mentioned being able to use the rules supplements from basicfantasy.org, one of the supplements for mages is the inclusion of cantrips as 0 level spells. Can I use this?
Use what you find just reference it for me so as I check up on it I know what to look at. Your elven necromancer sounds a great add in.
Jan 24, 2020 7:24 am
lol.. I started thinking. 'Wouldn't it be better for someone who just wants to be a fighter go ahead and choose ranger instead. Still put his high ability roll to strength for the melee bonus, but then carry and extra short bow for the range bonus. Then, I started looking at the 2 Ranger charts... Rangers level much slower. So, there is where they are trying to balance it somewhat.
Last edited January 24, 2020 7:27 am
Jan 24, 2020 12:17 pm
kbranden says:
Yeah, from what I am reading, you just roll another Hit die and add it to your HP. If you keep adding them up like your suggesting each level, you would end up having a MASSIVE amount of HP by 20th level potentially. Wiki also has a good read on how Hit Dice are used via all the systems AD&D 1e seems to parallel this method.

But, also remember, if you start out at level 3, your roll your Hit Dice that many times and add your Con Bonus 3 times as well. (One for each HD added)

Also, after the 9th level, you just add the 'constant number' EDited: with NO con bonus actually.
Ahhh! I'm really fudging that up then. lol. I gotcha. I know it was mentioned earlier and I still failed to follow exactly. Cool! Thanks.
Jan 24, 2020 12:19 pm
OOC:
Here goes an HP roll.

Rolls

Level 3 HP Roll - (3d4)

(313) = 7

Jan 24, 2020 2:50 pm
A_True_Believer says:
OOC:
Here goes an HP roll.
And you sir rolled just as bad as I did. :)
Jan 24, 2020 2:53 pm
Indeed! lol. Please...don't hit me. haha
Jan 24, 2020 6:38 pm
I was way past school when I started playing D&D in 1978. Once I read the book I got up in church at announcement time and invited anyone who wanted to play to talk to me after services. I got 3 couples to join me right away. I've never looked back since. Now it's time to relive those good old days. And, no my church was not Satanic, it was Unitarian.
Jan 24, 2020 6:39 pm
By the way, here is my gold roll.
OOC:
That's worse than everyone else. Good thing I'll be playing a Cleric. Maces are cheap.
Last edited January 24, 2020 6:40 pm

Rolls

Gold - (3d6)

(211) = 4

load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.