Chapter 4: The Light of the Undying

Feb 19, 2020 6:08 pm
https://cdnb.artstation.com/p/assets/images/images/005/618/185/small/soren-meding-illu-15-myxa-web.jpg?1492504434
After a night of carousing, the Kestrel's crew and passengers are up early the next morning. All hands prepare to set sail northwest to the Great Gyre, the entrance to the triton kingdom. Well, almost all -- Captain Valrakas is still asleep in his cabin, leaving Ian and the other officers in charge.

The weather is perfect, and everyone is in high spirits. Then, a curious figure approaches.

Jabes.plays.RPG sent a note to theeyetyrant
Feb 19, 2020 7:17 pm
Nela is well hung over and fairly reclusive at new day.
Feb 19, 2020 10:09 pm
I appear to you, looking like a tailess tabaxi. My armor is black, but my cloak is white. My fur is similar, black with white stripes. Ahoy, friends. The Undying Light blesses thee today!
Feb 20, 2020 1:08 am
Zale makes sure everyone gets a dose of his special "wake-up sauce" to cure any hangovers. The genasi brewmaster knows Captain Valrakas would fly into another one of his rages if anyone besides himself weren't in top form today. He makes sure to send a double dose to Nela's cabin before heading topside.

"Ahoy," he calls back to the tailless tabaxi. "And, uh... bless thee as well."
Feb 20, 2020 1:30 am
Blinks a bit at the brightness of the sun this morning before smiling at the Tabaxi
Welcome and well met. I'm the first mate o this vessel. Ye can call me Ian
Feb 20, 2020 5:55 pm
"Gaah, Wake me up when we get there." Phillip rolls over in his hammock.
Feb 20, 2020 9:34 pm
Nela better with Zale's concoction, she come to deck to look about. Take kitty out for a stretchy on the deck. I hope we are sailing soon. I don't care for this port.
Feb 20, 2020 10:16 pm
I look at Ian. You have a nice face. I blink and my face shifts into his face.
Feb 20, 2020 10:41 pm
Blinks a few times. I used to ken someone who could do that. Sad look. Nae seen him in years though
Feb 21, 2020 12:42 am
I place my hand in Ian’s shoulder. Worry not, friend. As long as the Undying Light shines, there is hope! Even when the Undying Shadow appears, the Light will prevail!
Feb 21, 2020 6:49 am
"If you're here for the party, that was last night," Zale says, picking up a stray tankard lodged underneath a wooden workbench as he speaks to the newcomer. "Or does something else bring you here, mister... I'm sorry, I didn't catch your name."
Feb 21, 2020 12:07 pm
Aye, that. he gestures toward Zale
Feb 21, 2020 12:40 pm
My name is Alecor Thrush! Bringer of Light, Banisher of Darkness! My Patron, the Undying Light himself wishes for me to travel aboard this ship with you all and spread the news of the Light wherever you travel!
Feb 21, 2020 4:24 pm
He's an interesting one. I be the ships surgeon. Nela and this big cat is called Kitty. She motions to the huge sabretooth tiger that occupies the space next to her.
Feb 21, 2020 4:28 pm
Seeing the tiger, I immediately shift back into a tabaxi. I love cats. That is why the Tabaxi is my usual form!
Feb 21, 2020 4:40 pm
Do note this is a very large sabretooth tiger. Nela like the Cap is rather tall and still this tiger doesn't really have to look up to them when standing on all fours. It currently is fairly much ignoring most anything around. This very normal. Having it paying attention to you is probably never good. It paw padded up next to Nela and as she now that speaks to you, it will begin to wander off. It appears to be rather independent of Nela besides the point it was walking up with her and that she called it Kitty.
Last edited February 21, 2020 4:41 pm
Feb 21, 2020 5:32 pm
I have a friend as well, would you like to meet Brojangles? I pull the black swirling orb out of my bag and toss it into the air, having it hover around me. Say hello Brojangles.

In a very monotone, direct voice, the orb speaks. Hello, my owner calls me Brojangles. Pleasure to meet you all.
Feb 21, 2020 11:35 pm
Fascinating, My name is Pelner of the Three Monkeys and I am the ships engineer. Is Brojangles a sentient object or an automaton? Pelner strides up to Alecor and studies the orb as it passes in between them.
Feb 22, 2020 1:34 am
That’s a little bit more complicated. He is sentient, but has no will of his own. But he can speak, read, and write four languages.
Feb 22, 2020 1:46 am
Sentient but no free will? How very interesting... Does he remember how he came to be? Sorry, we should probably talk at a later moment, Ian i'm sure will want to have a more pertinent conversation with you about your current situation. Pelner takes a step back to allow the first mate a chance to ask questions.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.