Chapter 1, Day 4: Return to Drellin's Ferry

load previous
Feb 20, 2016 3:34 am
"Monetary incentive," explains Pawetha. "I think the scales will suit you."

Pawetha lowers her eyelids at Xara and says, conspiratorially and with a slight smile, "Eh, dragon slayer?"
Feb 22, 2016 4:00 am
I grin. "That was fun, wasn't it?? Not every day you kill a dragon, I always say. So glad you were able to share in that moment with my team. You know what, let's go see this armorer of yours. How much you need? Maybe I'll come across some full pockets along the way..." I've already forgotten what I set out to do.
Feb 22, 2016 12:33 pm
Returning to the smith, he is impressed by the quality of the scale, hide and bone. "This will be a pleasure to work with. If speed is what you want, though, I'll need to put other work on hold. How about 100 gold per item you'll have me make. Also, if you want the armour swiftly, I'll need a suit to modify that is already fitted for whomever this scaled hide will be for."
Feb 22, 2016 2:22 pm
Upon seeing Kaiakas enter the Inn, Zaris waves slightly to him.
Feb 22, 2016 3:50 pm
Taking the wave as an invitation, I sit with Zaris for the evening.
Feb 22, 2016 8:02 pm
"A little bit more perilous then the time you saved me from those orcs, isn't my friend?" Zaris says, recounting the time the two first met. "I personally don't see how we have enough to stop a force like this."
Feb 22, 2016 8:25 pm
I wearily rub my chin when Zaris brings up our initial meeting. "Aye. It is worrisome. I find that my faith can do a great many things, but I am still only a small conduit of Tyr's mighty righteousness." I let out a long sigh and ponder for a moment. "If forces to combat the coming tide cannot be raised here, then we must find then elsewhere. The problem lies in if we will be leaving Drellin's Ferry defenseless. For the greater good, we must."
Feb 22, 2016 8:47 pm
"That seems reasonable, friend. Paws- what sort of pointy are you in the mood for? You think Z, Kai, or Jorr want anything? I mean, they kinda stood there and watched you gut that dragon and didn't say anything, so maybe not...?" They don't seem to care much about coin OR glory, so what makes them tick exactly? Hard to say.
Last edited February 22, 2016 8:48 pm
Feb 23, 2016 5:56 pm
"Short swords are easily portable and useful," says Pawetha. "Jorr deserves something; his knowledge of the area proved invaluable and saved us a lot of time."
Feb 24, 2016 2:29 pm
"Jorr you say, that ol' woodsman? Seen him by this way a few times. The man rarely comes into Drellen's, but when you need a blade sharpened you need a blade sharpened. I can't say I'd expect him to want a bit o' dragon, but who'm I, I barely know the fella'. It'll take me some time to work the armour and short sword, so if you leave me your studded leather and the material I can get started. Then, tomorrow or the day after, you can check up on the progress and let me know what else you'd like me ta' make with the rest of it." He smiles, "Course I'll also be needin' the incentive for the first two pieces." You can tell the smith is eager to get to work on this.
Feb 24, 2016 5:17 pm
Pawetha takes a subtle step backward, allowing Xara to make the call.
Feb 25, 2016 1:14 am
"To the greater good," Zaris says, raising his glass for a toast. He downs the rest of his drink, packs his books up into his bag and turns towards the door. "I need to find a shop dealing in the Art, if one exists in this town." He frowns slightly. "I'll be back in awhile."
OOC:
Any magic shops in town??
Last edited February 25, 2016 4:13 pm
Feb 25, 2016 6:27 am
"Alright, so 100 upfront for the 3 items, and the rest when they're done? Or maybe another hundred when we see how you're progressing and the rest when it's done? How does that sound?"
Feb 25, 2016 1:05 pm
The smith nods, "That sounds agreeable. Come back in three days and I'll have finished the short sword."
OOC:
Zaris, you had visited with the local dealer in the arcane on your way through town. You sought information from Sentiern the Wise about the holy symbol you found on the goblin ambushers. He, as it also turns out, is a quite capable wizard. There is also the druid Avarthel, who people say can brew a cure for any ailment.
Feb 25, 2016 1:33 pm
"Great!" I hand over my armor and 100 gold, and ask for a dagger or two to be made in addition to the short sword, assuming there are enough materials to do so.
Feb 25, 2016 1:34 pm
The smith nods, "A dagger? I'll see what I can do. Should be able to get two with the bone after I finish the sword."
Feb 25, 2016 4:14 pm
Zaris walks through town greeting those he passes and thinking to himself how blissful ignorance can be. I wonder when they will find out what is happening around them he muses to himself as he approaches the building belonging to Sentiern the Wise. He knocks firmly on the door and awaits an answer.
Feb 25, 2016 4:27 pm
Not Sentiern, but a young boy, opens the door. When Zaris asks after the home owner, the boy informs him that he is out speaking with Norro. He asks if there is anything he can do, as he is both familiar with the goods Sentiern stocks, and can also take orders on behalf of the wizard to relay to him when he returns.
OOC:
Available here are 1st and 2nd level spell scrolls - one use instances of any 1st or 2nd level wizard spell usable only by a Wizard. Scrolls costs is spell level*75. A mixture of potions, such as a potion of invisibility (as the spell, 150 gold), levitate (as the spell, 75 gold), growth (as the spell, 50 gold), and energy resistance (choose acid, fire or electricity when you purchase, 75 gold each). No potions of healing.
Feb 25, 2016 4:33 pm
"Need anything else while we're in town, or should we take a break? A little relaxation never hurt anyone."
Last edited February 25, 2016 4:34 pm
Feb 25, 2016 4:36 pm
"I'm fine," says Pawetha. "You were going somewhere across the water?"
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.