Chapter 1, Day 4: Return to Drellin's Ferry

load previous
Mar 2, 2016 5:31 pm
Pawetha finishes her meal, wiping the back of her hand across her mouth and smearing fat along her cheek. "Well met, Ghunril Dragonborn," she says flatly. "I suspect your sensitive news aligns with our reports, but we shall see when we meet the council tomorrow."

She turns and tosses a coin to the bartender. "Another drink for Scales there," she says. "Something strong enough to loosen the staff stuck in his back." The ranger heads to her assigned room to turn in.
Mar 2, 2016 6:12 pm
I show a bit of frustration at the new that the Elders won't be meeting with me today. "Well, since it looks like we have the evening, would you care to join me? You had mentioned several exploits that we could wile away the time with." I relax slightly into my chair and gesture to Xara.

"Your friends are more than welcome as well, though I don't have the pleasure of your name?" I nod at the other table and raise my tankard in a small salute. I look expectantly at Pawetha.
Last edited March 2, 2016 6:15 pm
Mar 3, 2016 3:42 am
"Thank you my boy," Zaris says, bowing slightly. "I'll be at the Inn on the other side of the river for the night."
Mar 3, 2016 3:44 am
I sit down and casually lean back in my chair, waving towards Paws' retreating form. "Don't mind her. We've had a long day. You know what? How about we make this simple. Are you working with the goblins or not and are you here because of the dragon? Because yes, I killed him. I even kept a little trinket for myself." I show him the little bit of bone and tooth dangling around my neck. I should probably have someone properly clean it up. In any case, I watch him carefully to gauge his reaction while subtly meeting Kaiakas' gaze in the hopes that he will understand my intent. I then lean forward and smile, one hand under my chin and the other idly twisting a dagger into the table in front of this mysterious one. "What is that information, to you?"

Rolls

Insight - (1d20+1)

(8) + 1 = 9

Mar 3, 2016 3:04 pm
Seeing Xara's interaction with the dragonborn, I nod slightly to her, approvingly.
Mar 3, 2016 4:25 pm
Chuckling softly at Xara's bluntness, "Thank you for your directness. No, I am not in league with the goblins, they are despicable creatures that should be wiped off the face of the planet for the crimes against my tribe. And it is apparent that you know little about my kind. Even though we were created from dragons we have no affinity for them and much like all races the individual should be judged on their actions not their race. If indeed this dragon was in league with the horde that is approaching it deserved to die in what ever manner you dispatched it in.

The approaching goblin horde is actually the business I must discuss with the town elders, the fact that they had a dragon makes the situation even more dire."
I take a large swig of ale to clear my throat and wait for Xara's reply.
Mar 3, 2016 5:43 pm
Hearing what the newcomer had to say, I cringe, realizing I was doing just what others had done to me and my family. Ashamed, I walk over and introduce myself to home. "Greetings, Ghundril, was it? I am Kaiakas, friend to Xara, the dragon slayer." I give her a sly wink. "Just as we feared you were an agent of the dragons, I have been accused of trafficking with demons." I let out a sigh of resignation. "But no matter. It seems our business is connected. I look forward to our meeting with the counsel in the morning. Now if you'll excuse me, morning will arrive sooner than we might think."
Mar 3, 2016 6:13 pm
I give him a smile and carve a little X into the table before putting my dagger away. "Great! Glad to clear the air! Welcome to this fine town. I'd love to hear more about you and your tribe, but I've eaten and drunk my fill and it's time for some shut eye. I also look forward to our meeting in the morning! Til then!"
Last edited March 3, 2016 8:28 pm
Mar 3, 2016 6:21 pm
"Agreed, Kaiakas, it is easy to misjudge based on appearances alone. I also look forward to our meeting with the elders to hear about your encounters with the approaching horde." I nod to him and turn to Xara as I finish off my tankard "I look forward to exchanging stories." With that I stand and gather my spears and retire to my room.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.