Rolls

Motivation - (1d10)

(10) = 10

Specific - (1d100)

(72) = 72

2nd specific - (1d100)

(79) = 79

Mar 1, 2016 9:56 pm
Ok i guess this works for my guy. You all are right. It will give more idea for a background.

Wanderlust / Novelty:

Droid Rights:

Sometimes i just get lazy when I create some guy and I think these are rescrictions when they can be hilarious.
Mar 1, 2016 10:17 pm
So is that two party members who have bounties? - You folks must be real useful for us not to turn you in (or, maybe, the hutt or whomever wants your head isn't friendly with us, so there's no way we could cash you in anyway. The enemy of my enemy and all that).
Mar 1, 2016 10:26 pm
or maybe both of our characters had a bounty put on us by the same person? and we're at odds with that person?
Mar 1, 2016 10:38 pm
darthoingoboingo says:
or maybe both of our characters had a bounty put on us by the same person? and we're at odds with that person?
And the Captain and I are likewise at odds with that person, and that's why you can trust us not to turn you in. Maybe, for one of you perhaps, the story that brings you into the crew involves the bounty hunters in the crew saving you from getting 'turned in', just to spite the person who has the bounty on your head?
Last edited March 1, 2016 10:39 pm
Mar 1, 2016 11:01 pm
Or maybe the bounty was set excessively low for some reason... 10 credits??? For the BOTH of them? Man I'll spend more just to get there. *throws hands up in exasperation* and doesn't bother turning them in.

Mutters, wish I was a Hutt, just walk around all day butt nakkid' doing whatever...
Mar 1, 2016 11:50 pm
I think i maybe got a bounty because i "liberated" some droids on one of my visits through the world/galaxy. I didnt stay long enough for them to get ny name but just semi blurred picture maybe?
Last edited March 2, 2016 2:57 am
Mar 2, 2016 2:46 am
I would like to put in a request that if we have an astromech droid at any point in the game, it's designation is R2-D20
Last edited March 2, 2016 2:46 am
Mar 2, 2016 5:35 pm
We can build it if we have the parts, money, and know how... how good he is at his job. Meh. (fyi I'll lose it if he screws up badly like he's doing it purposely. "You have one job. One!" XD)
Mar 2, 2016 6:11 pm
that reminds me, how useful is everyone in ship combat? I think it's a huge part of star wars and it would be cool to have a few space fight scenes and narrow escapes.

so Kj is a pilot, that's a no brainer... I think my character could be a co-pilot or work the scanners or something, I don't have the book in front of me at the moment. do we have anyone with gunnery? I know we have an engineer.
Mar 2, 2016 6:18 pm
I am useless in ship combat (unless you can get me onto the enemy ship...)
Mar 2, 2016 7:44 pm
KJ is the engineer, my character is the pilot. There's a lot everyone can do during ship combat. The EotE core book has a table listing available non-pilot actions and their difficulties.

Anyone with a decent agility can take a gunnery seat. Please note, my character will make fun of you if you fail at anything ship related.
Mar 2, 2016 7:45 pm
Part of my motivation for playing a pilot is that I have yet to participate in real ship combat in a PbP game. I'm curious to see how it goes.
Mar 2, 2016 7:51 pm
Starting we probably have a cargo/transport type ship versus a combat ready armored personnel ship (Multiple gun banks, missiles? Stealth cloaking, Etc.) really no? Starting off it's probably something we wouldn't have setup yet and if we invest in a ship it becomes more like our 'home' in which case we don't want to get into that much combat since we might get our 'home' heavily damaged, destroyed.

That said I have no idea how the system would handle that. I know for Space Opera settings in Savage World we threw around a lot of F-Bombs due to space combat because if you can hit them...
Mar 2, 2016 8:15 pm
The system itself handles ship combat as a largely cinematic thing. Your maneuvers and actions revolve around changing speed, firing on opponents, but also on the fly ship repairs, gaining the advantage over enemies, pushing the limits of your ships speed. I've played it out in face to face groups, but never over PbP.

We can have a discussion about what ship, but our pilot here fancies himself a hotshot, and is pretty likely to put the ship in risky situations just for the thrill of it.
Mar 2, 2016 8:17 pm
There are three starter ship options in the EotE core book. One is more of a luxury transport (home), one is the YT-1300 (Millenium Falcon-transport/cargo), the other is a low level fighting ship.
Mar 2, 2016 8:32 pm
I think with GM approval we could get the YT-2400. it's just like the YT-1300 but it has one more point in maneuvering and one more in speed armor I think.
Last edited March 2, 2016 8:35 pm
Mar 2, 2016 8:33 pm
A suped up luxury ship lol. Classic.

Yeah im the mechanice that gives the ship extra boost. Would be a good copilot also however I dont think my character would like drive fast personally.

Im been to busy to write back ground but the gist is:

-has the travel bug
- one planet saw a bunch of "aquired" droids with restraining bolts
- removed all the bolts and released the droid
- on the run for past "owners"
- hooked up with a gang on different planet
- knew about the rift woth friartuks guy and the boss
- was knocked out during friartuk acquisition of a vessel
- after showing how to remove the tracker on the ship, a friendship was formed
- sold ship to buy a p.o.s. That has a hemmy and nitro under the hood after modifications

how the rest of the group came to be with us i am open to suggestions. We would beed a ship to fit all of us. So at least as big of the Ghost but not bigger. Need to be able to go fast.
Mar 2, 2016 8:42 pm
my character would be able to help out in just about any way, but would have more dice to roll for rolls that require intellect like slicing, so she could slice the enemy ship's computer, jam their communications, or be plotting the hyperspace calculations... I guess that last one would be what's most important
Mar 2, 2016 8:47 pm
Well GM is busy workwise I believe do we want to pull from other systems on who people know each other?

@Darth Astrogation for hyperspace plotting; As for the others Computers or maaaybe Skullduggery but for on a ship to ship situation I don't know haven't ready up.

Maybe I know the Doctor or the Jedi sneaky guy.
Last edited March 2, 2016 8:48 pm
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.