Character creation discussion

load previous
Mar 5, 2016 10:54 am
Now you know why mechanically Falryx went, "Ooooo"
May 1, 2016 1:55 pm
Note: y'all can use this thread to track/communicate XP spend if you like.
May 1, 2016 11:37 pm
how much would it cost to get a point in piloting ground craft?
May 2, 2016 3:32 am
well... as it's not a career skill it's 5 * skill level + 5. So Piloting (Planetary) would cost 10 XP to get one level. That same 10 XP could get a career skill from 1 to 2 (if you want to compare value).
May 2, 2016 4:51 am
hmm... piloting or medicine? tough choice. I'll think about it. is there required training times?
May 2, 2016 1:02 pm
Nope. I might imply such a need for force powers but I assume skill training takes place off camera.
May 6, 2016 4:34 am
so guys, I have a dilemma. I don't know how to spend my xp. here's what I was thinking about:

get one point of piloting- planetary
get a talent that allows me to boost a characteristic by one for anyone at the cost of 4 strain
get one point of computer
save it and later boost my medicine

input?
May 6, 2016 4:48 am
Without suggesting a course, it might be interesting if someone had the ability to co-pilot with Lin. Being able to roll an average piloting roll and reduce the difficulty of his next piloting roll seems like a pretty huge win. That said, that'd be Piloting (Space) generally. That said, spending outside of career spec and skills can be expensive.
May 6, 2016 12:47 pm
Whiever has more agility shkd be co pilot. I have 2 but i have space rank 2 already.

Question is it 15 to get 3rd rank in mechanics? I forgot.

****update***

I verified that rank 3 career is 15 pts. Im doing that with my mechanic
Last edited May 6, 2016 2:13 pm
May 6, 2016 3:17 pm
Acaatha has 3 Agility. Not sure if she can lean on computers to 'assist' (+2 Boost), or if falryx would demand actual piloting competency. It *is* outside of career (so I'm unlikely to put more than 1 point into it).
Jun 4, 2016 11:02 pm
Is anyone in the group already competent at Negotiation / Charm? Considering leaning into the 'face' vision of Acaatha and one of her career talents I could grab lets me add 2 skills to her career list. Those are the 'core' social skills she's missing (though with 2 Pres, she's not going to be stellar; but she's already damned good at lying, cheating and stealing so why not some honest stuff to back it up?)
Jun 5, 2016 2:32 am
all I'm good at is charm. I'm pretty good at it, the dice just hate me. that's what I was trying to do with the first dockmaster
Jun 5, 2016 2:47 am
Cool. Then I won't go there :) I'll do what I can to wrangle Skullduggery and Streetwise to support social situations. It's more Acaatha anyway to either lie, or undermine, the person she's talking to than to try and do something honest like Negotiate.
Jun 8, 2016 1:24 pm
Who'se the best co-pilot? (Brw1, Agi3, Cun4; the rest 2) -- I could pick Piloting up as a skill if no one else already went that way (I'm pretty sure last time we were in space, it was determined that Acaatha had the best baseline stats to help Lin since no one else had the skills, but we've got XP since).
Jun 8, 2016 1:33 pm
If there's no reason to be shooting I have a raw ability of 4 green dice to make a check to assist. I thought you were better at assisting people for some reason but I forget how that worked. I figure Lin flies and I shoot if need be but we mostly just float and do what's ever closest to us unless there's a crisis. I'd probably switch out to help out if the ship needed emergency repairs. Same if there was a fire.
Jun 8, 2016 2:40 pm
I am better at assisting yes (I grant 2 boost on assist). If co-piloting is an assist check, I should certainly pump myself up and help with it because Acaatha makes a bigger difference (but I recall falryx ruling that in the case of co-piloting it wasn't, it was something else?).
Jun 8, 2016 2:47 pm
Co-piloting is a specific action. I think it's completely reasonable to pick up some piloting if you want. Although Akhrirar has a high Agility, his expertise is more around shooting at things, so I suspect he'll be occupied when things are hairy. Fuzil and Mala won't be great co-pilots (being more Int-based careers) and Lin's already flying..

Downgrading difficulty on pilot checks is, I think, pretty valuable.
Jun 8, 2016 2:53 pm
With that said I guess it's up to you Candi, it sounds like a good idea but Acaatha's development should be based on what you want I think. There's a lot of things to do and ways to go with Jedi especially if you multi spec early.
Jun 8, 2016 3:14 pm
Remnant says:
With that said I guess it's up to you Candi, it sounds like a good idea but Acaatha's development should be based on what you want I think.
My primary concerns are to (1) be useful and (2) not step into another character's specialization / competency. Hence why I'm always asking what other's can and can't do well.
Jun 8, 2016 3:19 pm
To that end, I've spent my 10XP on well rounded, adding Piloting (Space) and Ranged (Light) to my career skills. Next XP dump, I'll put a rank into each.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.