May 27, 2020 10:02 pm
OOC:
Here's my roll

Rolls

Shadow-lore - (1d20+3)

(20) + 3 = 23

May 27, 2020 10:08 pm
OOC:
LOL, 2 natural 20s! OK, turns out we have two experts on Secret Shadows here, I guess. 😂

Oh man, ok, give me some time to put together an information dump.
May 28, 2020 4:40 pm
Caranthiel and Vidar start talking about all the things they've seen and learned here, and you both come to the conclusion that what you've seen and fought can only be what is known to the Free Folk as a "secret shadow".

They are fairly high-ranking servants of the Shadow. Said to be creations of Morgoth, himself. They are generally deployed as messengers - carrying VERY important messages only - or, also as spies as they are intelligent as such creatures go anyway, stealthy, and patient. It is said that in past Ages such creatures had the ability to take on the appearance of Man. But such strong and dark magicks have since passed from the world.

They are known to travel with more mundane, great bats - not unlike the couple you fought here with it. They've been spoke of primarily as residing in places of darkness, like Mirkwood, or refuges of the Shadow, so it's perhaps a bit odd to find one just out here in the Wastes.

Based on the signs which Astrid found that it has been here for some time, it's hard to think it was on a mission as a messenger - due to the fact that it has been in one place for so long.
May 28, 2020 5:43 pm
"This is a terrible omen for he salvaging of this place. But mayhap we have come here specifically to smite the servant of the Enemy?". Vidar goes from being terrified to quite interested at the thought that his dreams have drawn to a clear course of action for once.
May 28, 2020 5:56 pm
This shadow of a beast has been waiting for something. And I have a feeling it wasn't us, but who sent us.
May 29, 2020 1:45 am
"Aye, waiting... or looking, perhaps," said the Ranger as he began looking around the ruined house with a more critical eye to take stock of it's contents, or what the place might have looked like when it was a healthy, thriving homestead.

"I never imagined a trouble like this, running errands for Mr. Leikner. We should get to working off his list of items, and not stay in this place over-long."
May 30, 2020 2:44 pm
OOC:
What's the next step for you guys? What are we thinking?
May 31, 2020 11:04 am
Astrid replies to Finrod "Indeed. I would like to rest for a bit, but it seems my wounds will heal thanks to Winnifred's administrations. I think it unwise to spend the night here, we should try to be away before dark."

Astrid would ready a small meal and begin heating a kettle of water over a fire to dress/bathe the injured strangers wounds. She'll wait for the others to do what they can for him and bring him out to where she's building a fire.

Once he is out in the daylight, Astrid will take a moment to study his features to see if she can identify what people he belongs to - does he share her Barding features or look like he is from further afield?
OOC:
Astrid would basically propose we try to do what we can for this wounded man before searching the ruins for what we can prior to nightfall.

Rolling (Investigation?) to see if Astrid can identify his culture/ethnicity, if you want a roll for that EM.
Last edited May 31, 2020 11:05 am

Rolls

Investigation - (1d20+2)

(20) + 2 = 22

May 31, 2020 2:08 pm
OOC:
Look at those 20s keep comin'...
Despite his wasted state and filthy and tattered clothes, Astrid thinks she's able to say with some certainty that he is definitely a Northman. Maybe a Barding settler trying to reclaim the Waste, or based on his clothes more likely of a more northern tribe. From a people of the eastern Grey Mountains, or people returning to the Withered Heath, perhaps?
May 31, 2020 3:35 pm
OOC:
Vidar is very keen to attack the secret shadow again. Buuut, it's not here. He's also not great at Perception, so he'll assist anyone doing some Perceiving...
"Shall we search this place while keeping a watch for the beast returning?"
Jun 1, 2020 2:45 pm
OOC:
Anyone who wants to search can make a Perception check. Vidar's help will give one PC Advantage on the check.
Jun 1, 2020 10:08 pm
perception check

Rolls

Percerption with advantage - (1d2, 1d20+3)

1d2 : (2) = 2

1d20+3 : (15) + 3 = 18

perception fix roll - (1d20+3)

(1) + 3 = 4

Jun 1, 2020 11:02 pm
While the others do a preliminary search, Astrid will tend to the wounds of the stranger. Having heated some water, she will bathe and wash his wounds.
Should he stir enough, Astrid will give him small sips of water.

"He appears to be a kinsman to my folk, perhaps from further to the North. I shall tend him a bit then join you." She'll say to the others as they head to begin the search.

Can Astrid look to see if he bears any identifying tokens or carries any pouch, satchel, or carries anything that might help identify him in his pockets?

Rolls

Investigation - (1d20+2)

(10) + 2 = 12

Jun 1, 2020 11:05 pm
OOC:
Just to be clear, I'm not looting him or stealing! Just trying to glean what I can about his purpose or background.
Jun 2, 2020 4:40 am
"Is the poor wretch able to speak yet?" Finrod asked with more concern than it sounded as he knelt next to Astrid.
OOC:
Finrod assists with Investigation of items, can Astrid take an Advantage roll?
Last edited June 2, 2020 4:40 am
Jun 2, 2020 7:37 am
OOC:
Rolling with Advantage, if you're happy with that EM.

Rolls

Investigation - (1d20+2)

(7) + 2 = 9

Jun 2, 2020 2:34 pm
Giblets says:
OOC:
Just to be clear, I'm not looting him or stealing!
OOC:
Ha, I did not interpret it that way, but never hurts to be clear.
Astrid goes through his clothes as much as she can without producing groans of discomfort from the man, and there just doesn't seem to be much to find. His woolen, knit shirt and trousers and hide vest may have once been nice. But they are now tattered and caked in... filth. From the smell as it's disturbed, it's likely a mix of dirt, blood, vomit, and excrement. Whatever personal belongings he may have had, even his shoes, appear to be long gone. With the care of the strangers though, he does seem to be maintaining.
Jun 3, 2020 6:42 am
OOC:
So, Astrid and Finrod are tending Mystery Dude, and Vidar and Caranthiel are on guard, right? What time does that take us up to?
Jun 3, 2020 1:47 pm
OOC:
Astrid would probably spend up to an hour resting and tending to Mystery Dude before joining the others to search the Manor properly.
Assuming that's what we're doing?
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.