Character Creation

load previous
Mar 14, 2016 2:49 pm
@thedandyman, my character Gongar could know you through some training he did with the monks. My dual wielding could be the result of that training.

Man, if you take all three vows your will be a Ki master for sure.
Mar 14, 2016 3:35 pm
Sorry about the delays in getting up my character. Things just keep coming up...
Mar 14, 2016 3:38 pm
No worries, I'm still prepping anyway :)
Mar 14, 2016 7:37 pm
Our Characters so far:
Submitted:
Fatenori: Daire, Dwarven Ranger (Witchguard)
Jabes.Plays.RPG: Urthask, son of Galazur, Half-Orc Cavalier (Beast Rider)
JoHoover: Gongar, Dwarven Fighter

In Progress:
Keleth: Some sort of Witch
thedandyman: Xandak Alerteyes, Human Monk (Unchained)
Mar 14, 2016 8:22 pm
...I totally just realized Xandak's last name is "Alert Eyes". When I generated the name, I read it as some funky greek-ish name like "Uh-LAIR-tee-yes". Of course, I could just say that's the canonical pronunciation, but... now I just can't un-see "Alert Eyes".
Now I gotta come up with a different last name lol

@JoHoover I'm down with that! @Naatkinson is there a monastery or the equivalent thereof in the area where Gongar and Xandak would have met?

And also... I may just go ahead and take all three vows hahaha

Vow of Silence - The voices of his family have been silenced forever against their will because of his weakness, so he willingly gives up his own voice as penance.
Vow of Poverty - He will prove himself worthy of redemption without the aid of weapons, magic items, or other material possessions. If he cannot gain the power he needs within his own might, he will have failed to gain true personal strength.
Vow of Truth - He must not shrink from his past, and from his failures. Reconciliation with the truth of himself means dealing only in truths to others. (...I'm mostly just taking this one from a metagaming standpoint. Lol!)
Last edited March 14, 2016 10:06 pm
Mar 14, 2016 9:00 pm
Quote:
Oh shit, I'm not gonna be able to afford all my gear!

Rolls
Starting gold - (5d6)
( 3, 3, 4, 1, 6 ) = 17
Ok, I fixed it by downgrading to scale mail and doing away with torches (I have darkvision anyway). Also switching from heavy flail to (bastard) sword-and-board. I'm all set :-)
Mar 14, 2016 9:54 pm
I would say Xandak was probably taken in by a nearby Abbey, church, or Monastery (or some such place where a group of monks live) after his family was killed. He developed his ideals and vows after living with the monks and watching them train; it would probably be at this time that he met Gongar. Eventually Xandak moved out on his own, seeking wrongs to right, knowledge to gain, and good deeds to do in the hopes of bettering himself and getting ever closer to atoning for his guilt. He also hopes to one day find the bandits that killed his family. He's travelling to Sandpoint to see the opening of the new cathedral.
Last edited March 14, 2016 10:07 pm
Mar 17, 2016 4:42 pm
Just waiting on Keleth's character now :)
Mar 17, 2016 4:58 pm
Oops, dropped the ball here. I'm on it!
Mar 17, 2016 10:41 pm
realizing how melee heavy our party has been I've changed Daire's focus to be more effective at range, he will now be primarily using a crossbow. I used this as a motivation to create more story line for him as well, but I just couldn't bring myself to make a dwarf that wields a longbow.
Mar 20, 2016 3:45 am
Sorry it's taking so long... I keep getting wrapped up in the forum upgrades. I'm nearly done with my character, I'll submit it tomorrow, but had a question about race I should have asked before I worked on the character (I was so intrigued by the idea, I forgot to ask first). Is it ok if I go Sylph with the Breeze-kissed and Secretive alternate traits? As a race, it'd fit in well with my backstory too.

If not, I'll swap out for half-elf (with the Arcane Training trait if you don't mind).

As you can see, it's dangerous for me to read SRDs and options...
Mar 20, 2016 5:50 pm
Sounds good to me
Mar 22, 2016 6:55 pm
Looks like all the characters have been submitted, I will finish up my work and start the game up shortly. You may begin posting in the game forum if you'd like to introduce yourselves and define any other relationships.
Mar 22, 2016 11:35 pm
Also, if you could all post an avatar that represents your character, that would be great :)

I already have one for Jabes.
Mar 22, 2016 11:42 pm
I need to find one! I may need to do some photoshopping.
Mar 23, 2016 1:56 am
I posted mine on page three. Its a 3D render of a character I made on Heroforge.com I make all my characters there.
Mar 23, 2016 3:19 am
I don't really have that artistry :/
Mar 23, 2016 3:46 am
I just use Pinterest for avatars. I could sculpt an avatar, but that's already what I do all day at work! :-P
Mar 23, 2016 11:23 pm
I just need the avatars for Xandak and Malik
Mar 23, 2016 11:28 pm
Until I can find something better, I have a less then ideal one from the PFSRD I'll put up.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.