Character Creation

load previous
Jul 15, 2017 2:17 am
Hey everyone!

What roles does the party need?
Jul 15, 2017 2:23 am
The two people who left were the healer and the trapfinder. I'll leave it to you and HypCo do determine who takes which role, though if someone wants to skip one of those roles, we'll deal with it then :) I won't force a role on anyone
Jul 15, 2017 4:29 am
I made a bard, marithyme, so we have some healing.

Jabes looks to be a tank.
JoHoover looks to be a tank.
Naat's sheet is a secret.
Irvan looks to be damage.
Dandy looks to be damage.
Last edited July 15, 2017 4:35 am
Jul 15, 2017 4:34 am
Don't forget to also pick two traits from the list here

Remember, though, that you can't pick two from the same category
Jul 15, 2017 4:39 am
My traits are under Human.
Chose Calistrian Prostitute apparently it is called Divine Courtesan and Rich Parents.
Last edited July 15, 2017 4:48 am
Jul 15, 2017 9:39 am
You, a bard? No way! :)

That is awesome...rogue is my favourite class. I'll build one up. Do I level her to 3?
Jul 15, 2017 10:36 am
Heh, did I say bard? I meant uh...totally not bard.

Yup, 3rd level. I'm also guessing you get the 1,000 gp, as well.
Jul 15, 2017 12:54 pm
Marithyme, yes, you will level her to three and get an extra 1,000 gp
Jul 15, 2017 2:10 pm
Naatkinson sent a note to marithyme,HypCo
Jul 15, 2017 6:41 pm
Rolling wealth and HP for levels 2 and 3

Edit: Taking level two as half (4)
Last edited July 15, 2017 6:41 pm

Rolls

wealth - (4d6)

(1153) = 10

HP level 2, 3 - (2d8)

(17) = 8

Jul 16, 2017 1:17 am
HypCo, since we're both captives of the goblins, do you want to set it up that we already know each other? My little halfling rogue could easily be your sidekick. She even plays the flute.
Last edited July 16, 2017 1:17 am
Jul 16, 2017 2:13 am
Be still, my heart; a halfling rogue! I'm fine with knowing each other prior. Without knowing your character, besides race/class/flute-playing, I'll give you a gist and you can work off that and see if your character plugs in anywhere.

Ryco started being a courtesan, pretty much out of boredom and an easy lay. Being from a wealthy family, he was able to offer discounts and gained many a customer, paying out of his pocket for the money lost. When his mother, a woman of faith, finally learned of what he did with his free time, she instantly didn't like it and requested him to stop. While he saw nothing wrong with what he was doing, to appease his mother, he stopped and set out on adventure.

When he had no "customers", he'd wait in the lobby fine-tuning his lute skills or practicing his dancing performance to attract potential customers.
Maybe your character learned to play the flute from him or maybe he learned music from your character (going off my perform skill though, it'd probably make more sense to choose the former). If you want a more recent relationship, Ryco maybe employed your character when he set out for adventure.
Last edited July 16, 2017 2:13 am
Jul 16, 2017 10:47 am
I think it more likely they would have met afterward, and hiring her would make sense. Her survival and combat skills would be exactly what he needs to survive. I think its more likely she is self-taught with the flute, since Ryco doesn't play one, and it was just a happy coincidence that they found something they both love in music.

Shadow is a serious little thing. She grew up on the edge of poverty her whole life, and learned to fight, scrounge, and steal because she had few other options. Her one joy in life is her flute, though she is pretty shy about playing it, she's actually not bad. Since she became an adventurer she's done quite well for herself, completing short jobs with competence. She's a bit bored, though, and wants to find something more meaningful than breaking into small places and stealing things.
Jul 16, 2017 7:01 pm
Depending on how you want the hiring process to be dealt with, in the event it's gold, he probably would of offered some lovin' instead because, to him, that is a better bargain. Upon decline, he would of gave the gold (let me know the amount) and wouldn't of gave any other advances during their travel leading up to their capture. Depending on the weather or if Shadow's sleeping setup is poor, he'd insist that she take a spot in his tent and his second bedroll and offer to share his blanket. If questioned if this was some attempt to get her in to his bed, he'd inform her the initial offer was mostly business and that he actual has little interest in laying with the smaller races.
Quote:
[...]Her one joy is her flute, though she is pretty shy about playing it[...]
Would this be ooc or would Ryco know about this? If so, any ideas of why she'd open up?
Jul 16, 2017 11:33 pm
She most definitely would not take service in lieu of payment, and would have been terrified by the very thought. I have no idea what the going rate for guide/protection would be. Since you have a mule, I'll have her bring her own little tent, which solves that problem (in her mind) as well.

I had assumed they'd been traveling together for some time; long enough to get to know one another and for her to feel comfortable playing accompaniment to him.
Jul 17, 2017 10:36 am
If the terror showed, Ryco definitely would of apologized. How about 15 gold, use of my mule, and a smile :).

I had it thought out as him leaving pretty recently but I like the two-man band type deal better. If that is the case, you'd know the holy symbol he wears was given to him from his mother in hopes that he'd better himself. While he sees nothing wrong with what he does, he still wears it in hopes to make his mother happy. A couple days after the first time Shadow joined to play music with him, he would of offered a wooden cross to her.
Sep 11, 2017 10:01 pm
Trying to decide what kind of character our party needs right now... somebody with magical proficiency, probably. I don't know much about Alchemists so I'm not sure what kind of party make-up niche they fill, but we have a Cavalier and a fighter for melee damage and tanking, a Rogue for stealth, sneak attacks, and general skullduggery, and a bard to buff. Seems like we need another spell caster. Wizard? Druid? Cleric?

Ooooor something a little more unusual like a Magus or Oracle? Or a Hybrid class like Arcanist or Shaman?

...also looking at the hybrid classes it looks like I should have made Xandak a brawler. That's a bit closer to the combat style I was aiming for. Oh well!
Sep 11, 2017 10:08 pm
Shoot for an arcanist: they're a blast
Sep 12, 2017 1:17 am
Arcanist looks awesome! Only thing I don't like much is that they are a prepared spellcaster, rather than spontaneous, but that's ok!
Sep 12, 2017 1:25 am
Naatkinson says:
Arcanist looks awesome! Only thing I don't like much is that they are a prepared spellcaster, rather than spontaneous, but that's ok!
Whoa... After reading it again, it appears to be a mix... That's awesome!
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.