Character Creation

load previous
Sep 24, 2017 4:34 am
So, I didn't have to worry much about armor and weapons with Xandak... looking at armor right now, it's a lot more complicated than just boosting your AC, what with movement penalties and check penalties and spell failure chance... I'm not really sure what the best options are for my oracle.

1) Armor suggestions?

2) Weapon suggestions?
Last edited September 24, 2017 4:34 am

Rolls

HP, level 1 - (1d8+2)

(3) + 2 = 5

HP, level 2 - (1d8+2)

(8) + 2 = 10

Sep 24, 2017 1:23 pm
An oracle is basically a spontaneous cleric (a Divine sorcerer, if you will). Since they are Divine casters, they don't have to worry about Spell Failure due to wearing armor. If it were me, I'd go with a breastplate, a buckler, and some kind of one handed weapon. This way, you have a hand free for spellcasting, plenty of AC, and you can still smack someone around if you need to.

irvanovich sent a note to thedandyman
Last edited September 24, 2017 1:23 pm
Sep 24, 2017 6:26 pm
I'll leave the advice to Irvan. He's likely got more experience building characters than I do :-)
Sep 24, 2017 7:14 pm
Naatkinson says:
I'll leave the advice to Irvan. He's likely got more experience building characters than I do :-)
I dunno if I'd go that far, but appreciated :)
Sep 25, 2017 3:28 am
Do bucklers not use your hand?

Also, the more time I spent building this character, the more I realized he's not so much of a fire dude who sometimes casts healing spells, but more of a healing dude who sometimes casts fire spells... lol. If I wanted to play the human torch, Oracle probably isn't the best choice.
Sep 25, 2017 4:24 am
Quote:
This small metal shield is worn strapped to your forearm. You can use a bow or crossbow without penalty while carrying it. You can also use your shield arm to wield a weapon (whether you are using an offhand weapon or using your off hand to help wield a two-handed weapon), but you take a –1 penalty on attack rolls while doing so. This penalty stacks with those that may apply for fighting with your off hand and for fighting with two weapons. In any case, if you use a weapon in your off hand, you lose the buckler’s AC bonus until your next turn. You can cast a spell with somatic components using your shield arm, but you lose the buckler’s AC bonus until your next turn. You can’t make a shield bash with a buckler.
Sep 25, 2017 7:59 am
thedandyman says:
Do bucklers not use your hand?

Also, the more time I spent building this character, the more I realized he's not so much of a fire dude who sometimes casts healing spells, but more of a healing dude who sometimes casts fire spells... lol. If I wanted to play the human torch, Oracle probably isn't the best choice.
HypCo got it in one. And yeah, that's pretty well what would happen as an Oracle. If you want the human torch, or something similar, try the Kineticist, and focus on the Fire element.
Sep 27, 2017 10:16 pm
irvanovich says:
If you want the human torch, or something similar, try the Kineticist, and focus on the Fire element.
*looks at the kinteticist* Whoa okay that's super cool and I kinda wish I had gone with that instead >.>

Ah well, we probably need a healer anyway. I've spent this much time on this character, I'm not gonna ditch him now!
Sep 28, 2017 8:29 am
Salzabar Igni, the gnome oracle, is submitted!

...except I forgot about traits. Doh! I'll add those in... eventually...
Apr 30, 2018 5:59 am
Bing Bong!

Rolls

4th level - (1d8)

(6) = 6

Apr 30, 2018 3:10 pm
come on big hit dice!

Rolls

lvl 4 HD - (1d10)

(8) = 8

Apr 30, 2018 4:07 pm
Don't forget to increase one of your ability scores by 1 at level 4!
Apr 30, 2018 5:37 pm
No whammies, high HP, STOP!
[ +- ] Levelling Up After Work
Last edited April 30, 2018 5:44 pm

Rolls

Hit Die - (1d8)

(6) = 6

May 2, 2018 10:52 am
BAB: 4
Fort: +4
Ref: +1
Will: +1
HP: 36
4 Skill Points: Ride (1), Perception (1), Intimidate (2)

Ability Score Increase: STR (now 20)

Cavalier's Challenge now works twice a day.

Favored Class bonus: Add +1 hit point to the cavalier’s mount. If the cavalier ever replaces this mount, the new mount gains these bonus hit points.

Beast Riders get to pick better mounts at 4th level. I think we talked about upgrading Arktos instead. :-)
Last edited May 2, 2018 10:53 am

Rolls

HP - (1d10+2)

(6) + 2 = 8

May 2, 2018 10:32 pm
HP rolling!

Rolls

HP - (1d8+2)

(3) + 2 = 5

May 2, 2018 10:57 pm
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
Beast Riders get to pick better mounts at 4th level. I think we talked about upgrading Arktos instead. :-)
I'm going to start looking into that for you :)
May 2, 2018 11:15 pm
These are the new stats for Arktos for this level. I haven't done anything so far about your level 4 upgrade in regards to Beast Rider yet. I'm still looking into that.

On top of what's below, Arktos gains a +1 to one of his ability scores.
If it's his Dex, add +1 to AC and +1 to Reflex saves
If it's his Con, add +4 to his HP and +1 to Fort saves

He also gains one additional skill point.

He also appears to only have one trick, when his level indicates he should have two bonus tricks.
[ +- ] Arktos
May 3, 2018 12:04 am
Level 4, here we come!

DEX +1

Rogue Talent: Canny observer

Skill rank increases:
Acrobatics 3>4
Climb 2>4
Disable Device 3>4
Know (dungeon) 2>3
Know (local) 1>2
Perception 3>4
Sense Motive 1>2
Sleight of Hand 3>4
Stealth 3>4
Last edited May 3, 2018 12:12 am

Rolls

HP - (1d8)

(4) = 4

Nov 15, 2018 3:22 pm
You can advance to level 5!
Nov 15, 2018 3:28 pm
NICE!! So taking the necro down and heading out to the farms got us over the edge?

I'll have to do some research today.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.