Chapter 1: Burnt Offerings

load previous
May 31, 2018 4:34 pm
OOC:
Just for confirmation, everyone is present at this meeting including Ryco? Or is it limited to the original party that went to investigate the goblin stronghold?
May 31, 2018 4:43 pm
OOC:
Everyone. Shadow, Ryco, and Sal probably won't have as much weight, but they get to attend since they were there when Nualia surrendered herself
May 31, 2018 4:47 pm
Archibald clears his throat before speaking. "As you are no doubt aware, I've spent a considerable amount of time studying Thassilonian lore with the lady Lyrie. In that time, I have been watching Nualia closely. While I do not fully trust her, I do feel as though she is sincere in her contrition. I suggest leniency, and possibly finding a temple or monastery somewhere that can help cure her of her affliction. Though...with her past, perhaps not a temple of Desna."
May 31, 2018 7:04 pm
Ryco, who has been uncharacteristically silent since leaving Archie's, has spent the meeting time rubbing a blemish on the table, keeping his head down. He exudes heavily of alcohol. After sitting in silence for a little moment longer, he stands and pushes in the chair, his tone abnormally dejected instead of its usually upbeatness "Do what you wish; my only request is to extend her sentence onto me. Come get me when it's time to divvy out the punishment. Bath or bar, I won't be hard to find." He begins to exit.
Jun 4, 2018 5:11 pm
OOC:
Anyone else want to chime in before I move the scene along?
Jun 4, 2018 5:39 pm
Stepping in front of Ryco so the bard can't exit Gongar scowls at him, You are much too dramatic by half. I agree that she was treated poorly but she made the choices that she did. No one forced her to become half demon, as far as we know. The fact that she came to her senses and gave herself up should definitely be taken into account but you my friend can't seem to see that the choices she made have to have consequences and you had nothing to do with those choices, so why do you keep throwing yourself on her fires?
Jun 4, 2018 9:42 pm
"And I'm making the choices that I am." Ryco kneels down to meet Gongar's height "I throw myself on her fires because she's been fighting them alone for far too long. I want her to know that someone actually, truly, cares about her and not just using her to further their gain, stature, or fame; selfless love is what she deserves. I'm not ignorant to the facts of what she's done, I'm also not ignorant to the fact that her own father killed her newborn child; a fact that the lot of you seem to just throw aside, labeling it as 'treated poorly'. She just as much as a victim than this town; she's been kicked and spit on but the second she stands up for herself, now she's a monster. If anyone took the time—a minute, at most—to just stop and ask her how she is doing and offer a shoulder for support, we wouldn't be having this conversation, I wouldn't need to throw myself on her fires. Instead they ignored her; treating her as a piece of pretty art work hanging in a galleria instead of a person."

Ryco stands "I'm not arguing against her receiving consequences, never once have I; I argue against her receiving them alone, that is all. I had nothing to do with her choices prior but you, my friend, can't seem to see that without me, she wouldn't have got the choice to surrender. You all would of struck her down without thought, because she was nothing but a 'monster' so how about you take that into account before you try and lecture me." He makes a shooing motion with his hand "Now if you don't mind, I have a cold bath that needs reheating and ten tankards that need refilling."
Jun 5, 2018 12:00 am
"Let him go, Gongar," Archibald says quietly. "The boy has to learn this one on his own."
Jun 5, 2018 4:53 pm
Gongar takes Archibald's advice and steps aside. His shoulders slump a bit at the stinging words of the Bard even though he knows that Nualia must face the consequences of her actions and fears that Ryco will end up holding the short end of the stick when the piper comes to collect.

After the Bard has departed he turns to the mayor and Sheriff, I would second the suggestion of my friend Archibald. Send her away to a temple that is suited for someone with her affliction and has the resources to contain someone of her power. I would suggest that you do not try her in public, Bring the magistrate here and have him render judgment and do so without the involvement of outside parties. The emotions run to wide and deep for her to receive a fair trial if its done in public. Gongar trails off thinking to himself, As for the bard, Ryco, I do not know how to handle his seemingly blind devotion to her.
Jun 5, 2018 5:18 pm
"The boy doesn't seem to understand that his actions could incriminate her even more than she already is," Archie says to Gongar. "By continuing this blind devotion routine, he merely strengthens the case that she is truly becoming a succubus, as Tsuto's journal says...and I don't know what to do to make him see that he is doing more harm than good..."
Jun 5, 2018 5:43 pm
He is definitely a man of the flesh. Hopefully his bardic training would make him less susceptible to a sucubus but he sure isn't showing any of that at the moment. If she had been fully transformed I would have assumed he had been taken over but he doesn't seem to be doing anything overtly in her favor other than pining.
Jun 5, 2018 11:34 pm
"I wish I could say this is out of character for him, but..." Shadow pipes up.
Jun 11, 2018 8:37 pm
Ryco
As you leave the room, as angry as you've ever been, you see a terrified guardsman barrel around the corner, almost knocking into you. He rushes to the mayor's office and rushes in without even a knock.

Inside the Mayor's Office
A terrified guardsman rushes into the room, panting for breath as he begins to babble, "The jail, woman, glowing!" he sputters, clearly at a loss for words.

Snarling angrily, the sheriff steps up, grabs the man by the front of his shirt and leans in close, "Out with it, man!" he shouts right into the mans face before shoving him back.

The guard takes a deep breath and begins speaking more clearly, though still rather quickly, "We were changing out the guards just a few minutes ago when the building shook. It got really bright and there was a... singing. When the light went away, Nualia and her man, they were gone!"
Jun 11, 2018 8:44 pm
Archibald issues a stream of invectives in Dwarven as he rushes out of the mayor's office, running as fast as his short legs will allow him to do so.
Jun 12, 2018 3:09 pm
Gongar is impressed with the gnomes grasp of the finer points of dwarven swearing but doesn't have to time to share his appreciation as he follows the alchemist to the jail trying to find out exactly what happened.
Jun 12, 2018 3:25 pm
Urthask overtakes Archibald and Gongar with his longer strides bit he knows it's pointless. For better or for worse, Nualia is free. If Ryco is right about her then she can start over, perhaps even find redemption elsewhere. On the other hand if Urthask's gut is right she will simply pick up her evil plans where she left off. Things might actually be worse now, because she will be that much better prepared when they cross paths again.
Jun 12, 2018 5:31 pm
Archibald, seeing Gongar and Urthask head to the jail, swerves toward the inn, looking to see if the gear he took is still in his room.
Jun 13, 2018 9:24 am
Shadow follows her companions to the jail.
Jun 15, 2018 8:09 pm
Archie makes it to the inn as quickly as his little legs can carry him and finds all of Nualia's gear is undisturbed.

As the others arrive at the jail, they see a groups of guardsmen whispering amongst themselves nervously. Everyone appears to want to do something, but no one is quite sure what to do.
Jun 17, 2018 4:16 pm
Archibald sighs in relief, before grabbing the smaller items and placing them in his pack. Then he grabs his prepared extracts and bombs and heads to the jail to investigate.
load next

Thread locked