Chapter 1: Burnt Offerings

load previous
Aug 19, 2017 9:27 am
Shadow quickly creates a sling out of her cloak to carry the infant and keep her arms free.
Aug 20, 2017 4:57 am
OOC:
Wait, did I misinterpret that big black square to the west, then? Is there not a door going west?
Aug 21, 2017 12:37 pm
The goblin looks confused, then points to the children and shrugs. He takes a step back, holding his hands up. It's clear that he doesn't speak Common.
OOC:
The black square doesn't exist ;)
Aug 22, 2017 6:37 am
Ryco looks over his shoulder "Shadow, talk to him before he runs off; ask for my mule, anymore children in deplorable situations, and the way out."
Aug 22, 2017 9:24 am
Shadow pushes past Ryco and glares at the goblin. "Children sick. Need mother. Why in cages?"
Aug 22, 2017 5:50 pm
Pointing at the giant depiction of the goblin with his hammer That doesn't look promising, though it definitely could be a fun time to bring him to his knees and crush his skull. Waving everyone forward, lets keep moving, but keep your eyes and ears open.

Gongar will listen at the next door and open it if he doesn't hear anything.

Rolls

Perception (listening) - (1d20+2)

(11) + 2 = 13

Aug 22, 2017 6:18 pm
Urthask stands in front of the door, ready to stride through as soon as Gongar opens it.
Aug 23, 2017 4:22 am
Main Group
You hear no noise beyond the door, so Gongar opens it. Two large stone doors sit in the western wall here, their faces carved with images of horrific, deformed monsters clawing their way out of pregnant women of all races. From the small chamber here, there are hallways leading east and south, both of which end in doors.

Escapees
The goblin stutters, but finally finds words, "Make young ones strong, like Grunk! Me Grunk! Why you here? Pretty lady bring you?"
Aug 23, 2017 9:00 pm
With Urthask and Xandak close by Gongar continues south and listens at the door for anything on the other side. And will continue the search for anything to smash with his hammer.

Rolls

Perception (listening) - (1d20+2)

(15) + 2 = 17

Aug 24, 2017 2:55 am
Listening at the southern door, Gongar can hear voices coming from within. He can't make out what they are saying, but they appear to be speaking goblin.
Aug 24, 2017 9:26 am
"Of course pretty lady brought us." She looks Grunk up and down and nods, "Grunk is strong. And Grunk is smart too? Grunk help with secret job for pretty lady?"
Aug 24, 2017 12:05 pm
Grunk puffs out his chest, "Grunk very strong and smart, Grunk help. What you need Grunk do?"
Aug 24, 2017 8:11 pm
Be ready goblins on the other side of this door. Gongar whispers to his companions then bursts through the door.
Last edited August 24, 2017 8:11 pm
Aug 25, 2017 12:58 am
Urthask busts in right behind Gongar.
Aug 25, 2017 12:11 pm
As Gongar and Urthask move through the door, they come into a room (D1) with a door on the east and west walls, three doors on the south wall, and a staircase on the north wall.

Standing at the south door are a human and a halfling, each holding onto goblin children, and a goblin through the southern door.

Shadow and Ryco notice a dwarf and half-orc enter the room through the north door.

Map
Aug 25, 2017 3:02 pm
"More goblin-allies!" the half-orc, snarls.
Aug 25, 2017 3:55 pm
"Sorry to disappoint you love but I'm not allied with you and nor will I after seeing the way you treat children here. Explain yourselves. Why malnourish and let them sit in cages in their own excrement?"
Aug 25, 2017 8:13 pm
"Ryyyco, he thinks WE are goblin allies. You know, because we're carrying around goblin children."

She turns to Urthask and holds up her empty hands, "Stand down, big and toothy. We just escaped their prison, so we are definitely not friends."
Aug 27, 2017 12:28 am
Grunk looks confused, "Grunk do job or no? These friends or no?" he asks in goblin.
Aug 27, 2017 12:35 am
Shadow keeps her eyes on the newcomers while she answers the goblin, "This one not know yet. Maybe friends. Trying to be friends. Grunk can still do job. Grunk is friend. Pretty lady will be proud."

She returns her attention to the others, "I'm trying to convince this strapping fellow to guide us out of here. I don't know why you are here, but if you want to escape with us you are more than welcome."
load next

Thread locked