Chapter 1: Burnt Offerings

load previous
Aug 27, 2017 7:17 am
Urhask points at the goblin. "We are here to exterminate the vermin..." he glances at the goblin young, a little less certain now.
Aug 28, 2017 1:29 am
"If you intend to slaughter defenseless children, who is the real vermin here? You will not condemn them for the sins of their fathers." He looks over his shoulder to Shadow then back to the half-orc "Let her finish and come to a decision, she is quite skillful."
Aug 28, 2017 5:27 pm
Shalelu, the attractive elf at the rear of the party, lowers her bow and puts her arrow away. She nods at Shadow, agreeing that she should continue her charade.
Aug 28, 2017 8:22 pm
Shadow returns the nod and turns back to the goblin. "Big people agree be friends. Help this one and Grunk with secret mission for pretty lady. Grunk take us to stables now. Need mule for mission."
Aug 29, 2017 2:10 pm
Grunk looks less certain now, but shrugs and nods, "Grunk not know where mule is. Maybe upstairs, maybe lunch? No stable here!"
Aug 30, 2017 4:48 am
Naatkinson says:
OOC:
The black square doesn't exist ;)
Xandak rushes back into the previous room, suddenly feeling they missed something important, and begins vigorously searching for a secret passageway or hidden compartment.

Xandak is a bit taken aback by the sudden appearance of friendly (or so they say) faces, especially ones helping goblin children in the midst of the goblin hideout they came to raid. He is, in fact, momentarily unsure of how to proceed, and looks to his companions to see how they want to handle this.
Aug 30, 2017 7:25 am
Urthask obviously still wants to cut the adult goblin in half. Isn't so sure about the children. He's pretty sure he doesn't want to murder children. Even though the goblins do it all the time, probably did it during the attack on Sandpoint. He wonders what his father would have done.
Last edited August 30, 2017 7:25 am
Aug 30, 2017 9:17 am
"Grunk not go upstairs? Grunk not know? Maybe Grunk not so helpful. Maybe pretty lady needs different goblin to be special helper." Shadow looks doubtful and works very hard not to look at Ryco when 'lunch' is mentioned.
Aug 30, 2017 12:24 pm
Naatkinson sent a note to jabes.plays.rpg
Grunk looks scared, "Grunk can help! Please don't hurt Grunk!"
Aug 30, 2017 12:31 pm
Naatkinson says:
Your mind flies back across the years and the miles

Your father, the mighty warrior, Galazur, sits on the floor, the blade of his sword laying across his lap as he runs a whetstone down it. He looks deep in thought as he recites the oaths of Order of the Bear and teaches you what it means to be a warrior.

"We are mighty warriors, son. We live to fight, and we fight to win. Show no mercy to those that don't deserve it, but stay your blade when the situation calls for it, and NEVER take the life of a child," he says firmly, "That is what separates us from the full-blooded orcs, goblins, and other monsters that the civilized lands will rarely see. There is no crime more vile than to take the life of a child, all of whom are innocent."

Your father sits in silence for a while, giving you a moment to digest his words before continuing your lessons...
Urthask lowers his sword. "Do not give me a reason to." he says to the adult goblin, whose name, he has gathered, is Grunk. He looks at the halfling carrying the goblin young. "The young have nothing to fear from me." Urthask says, and sheathes his sword.
Aug 30, 2017 12:41 pm
Naatkinson sent a note to jabes.plays.rpg
Aug 30, 2017 5:29 pm
Not understanding goblin but realizing that the halfling is trying to persuade him Gongar lowers his warhammer and puts his off-hand hammer back on his belt. As my large friends says, please continue... Gongar bows slightly to the halfling and human trying to look less threatening.
Aug 30, 2017 11:44 pm
Shadow nods at the two men then turns back to Grunk, "We will listen, but Grunk must prove he is helpful. Follow." Shadow turns and leads the group back the way that the strangers came, waving all of them after her, reasoning that they are less likely to run into trouble in that direction.
Aug 31, 2017 2:16 pm
Grunk nods and begins to follow. Before you are able to leave the room, the door in the southwest corner crashes open and a large bugbear steps out, wearing next to nothing, "What in da fuck is goin' on out here?" he shouts angrily, looking around at your group.

Shalelu gasps, "Bruthazmus!" she shouts and he turns to face her in alarm. He ducks back into the room and slams the door, "Ha, finally have him cornered!" she says excitedly.
[ +- ] Shalelu speaking of Bruthazmus back in Sandpoint
Map
Sep 1, 2017 1:22 am
Now things have gotten interesting, I thought we were only going to find goblins in this forsaken fort. Gongar hefts his warhammer and uncoils his whip, then looks to Urthask You think you can break that door down my stout friend? Then looks to the halfling, Goblin and human That bugbear is an enemy of Sandpoint and is wanted for slaughtering innocents. If you interfere it will not go well for you. If you help you will be seen as hero's of Sandpoint.
Sep 1, 2017 8:54 am
Ryco gives a passing glance to the dwarf before returning his gaze back to the elf and half-orc "You can do with him as you please, I won't stop you. He was probably one of the ones responsible of these children's health, if not the main guy; I'd be happy to offer my services in to help you bring him to justice."
Sep 2, 2017 10:05 am
Shadow, ever quick on her feet, turns to Grunk, "This part of secret mission. Pretty lady angry with Bruthazmus. She say, 'Kill Bruthazmus. But don't let him hurt my goblins. Send pale ones to kill him.' This one and Grunk wait here with children. This one and Grunk protect children."

Without waiting for a reply she addresses Ryco, "Here, give me the children and I'll protect them. You go do your Man Thing."
Sep 2, 2017 1:52 pm
Ryco places the goblin children by Shadow then leans in to whisper to her "I don't think it is really the appropriate time for me to go do my 'Man Thing', I think I should use my other talents helping them defeat this Bruthazmus." He stands and draws his lute "If anything goes wrong out here, yell as loud as you can."
Sep 3, 2017 4:51 am
Xandak starts at the entrance of the bugbear and crouches a bit, entering a fighting stance... just before the creature hurriedly ducks back into it's room. He relaxes a little, but maintains his stance, looking to Urthask to see if he will follow Gongar's suggestion in assailing the door.
Sep 5, 2017 12:31 am
Urthask draws his sword, strides up to the door, and attempts tobreak it down with a well-placed kick.

Rolls

Strength check - (1d20+4)

(16) + 4 = 20

load next

Thread locked