Chapter 1: Burnt Offerings

load previous
Oct 12, 2017 1:27 pm
The stack of papers appears to be detailing plans for an attack on Sandpoint. Anyone who has seen Tsuto's journal will recognize his handwriting and also that the plans are from the original attack on the town that you helped fend off.
Oct 12, 2017 1:29 pm
OOC:
Is there anything about timing on the next attack? Or only the one that has already happened. Is there any information about another stronghold or troop rallying location?
Oct 12, 2017 1:43 pm
OOC:
All of the info in the notes is about the previous attack
Oct 12, 2017 3:32 pm
"So these were Tsuto's quarters." Urthask muses, picking up and studying the obsidian. "I wonder how many others were involved in these plots?"
Oct 12, 2017 10:56 pm
Ryco's eyes light up "That is definitely possible. Urthask's mount was too big to bring down here, perhaps the same goes for my mule." With a renewed sense of excitement, he takes off for the stairs.
OOC:
The stairs in D1.
Oct 13, 2017 1:18 pm
Heading upstairs, you find yourself at the entrance of the goblin "castle". As you enter the room, you see a group of seven goblins, three goblin dogs, and a rather annoyed-looking mule.

Map
Oct 13, 2017 1:47 pm
Well, we found your mule. Gongar turns toward the Goblins, and in his most threatening voice Leave or Die! he says as he brandishes his warhammer and whip.

Rolls

Intimidation - (1d20+4)

(20) + 4 = 24

Oct 13, 2017 2:23 pm
Seeing your large group standing there covered in the blood of goblins, the goblins panic and flee, leaving the mule behind.
Oct 14, 2017 6:42 am
Salzabar collected himself as soon as he realized people had started to stare, red in the face from both yelling and embarrassment, and returning to his hunched and meek posture. He followed alongside Archie as they returned to the sheriff's office.

"I dunno, Archie..." He says with a look of skepticism. "This doesn't feel the same as your average... gnomish curiosity. There's something otherworldly about this fire in my head. I really don't know how to properly explain it." He says, frustrated. "I've spent all this time trying to minimize my obsession, hoping that I might be able to ignore it away. If I give in to it now..." He shudders. "Well, it may consume me. It may never go away. And I don't know if I could live with that." He finishes, not fully convinced.
Oct 15, 2017 1:18 am
The mule moves forward and nuzzles its head in Ryco's chest.

Shalelu gives a slight smile and nod, "If your animal is so fond of you, perhaps you are not so bad."
Oct 15, 2017 3:31 am
Ryco stands shocked, paralyzed with emotion, as they come upon his mule. He watches as the group pestering his mule runs off, thanks to his new small friend. He opens his mouth to give thanks but finds no words surfacing, he attempts to move forward but his legs refuse. He is released from whatever binds him as his mule nuzzles against him, his arms wrap around the mule in embrace, a tear falls down his cheek as he nestles into the animal. "Thank Sarenrae, you're alright." he whispers into her fur through sobs of joy.

Ryco releases his hug and begins petting her mane, turning to face the rest of the group, his face red and smeared with tears. He returns Shalelu's smile and, instead of replying in his usual rebuttal, he simply responds "Perhaps." He uses his other arm to wipe and dry his face as he turns back to face his mule "I would not ask this of you, all things considered, unless it was truly important. My new friends have lost someone close to their hearts, and I do not know how infested with goblins this place is, but it would be of great ease if you could carry the fallen. I will not think less of you if you refuse."
Oct 15, 2017 1:19 pm
In town

After delivering the prisoner, Archie walks with Sal back toward the gates.

If it starts to consume you, then I'll be there to pull you out of the fire, so to speak. But I do insist that you come along, my friend. It will be good for you, I think. It not... If it appears to do more harm than good, I'll personally see to it that you'll be well cared for in whatever form of solitude you so desire. You have my word upon my craft that I will do everything I can to aid you.
Oct 16, 2017 7:35 am
Sal is silent for a while, pondering his old friend's words. After a long period of silence, he finally sighs and speaks up.

"Fine. I guess it's worth a try, though I don't know how helpful I'll be. It's not like I'm doing anything else, anyway. If I feel like it's starting to get to be too much, though, I'm out." He says firmly.

"I'll need to swing by my place first and pick up a few things, if we're gonna go gallivanting off on some adventure." He adds, gesturing his unarmed an unarmored body.
Oct 16, 2017 12:13 pm
The mule listens to Ryco, but doesn't respond. You can only assume that the mule is agreeing to what's being asked of it and you are able to load Xandak's body onto the mule and strap him to it within a couple of minutes.
Oct 16, 2017 4:04 pm
Archie agrees with Sal, and follows him home, waiting outside with Arktos until his old friend is prepared for the journey.
Oct 16, 2017 4:13 pm
Helping to secure his fallen comrade to the willing mule Gongar nods as the task is accomplished. We still need to gather or destroy the weapons and armor but that should only take a minute. he waves for their new companions to stay put. We will be right back, hold this door for us.
OOC:
Do we need to role-play the return to the armory or can we say Urthask and I with shalelu's help retrieved everything from the goblin armory?
Oct 16, 2017 4:20 pm
OOC:
We can skip it, since it's done easily enough
With the armory trashed, you make your way back to Sandpoint, a journey of just a couple hours. It's getting to be evening by the time you get back.
Oct 16, 2017 5:06 pm
OOC:
When will Archie and Sal meet with the party?
Oct 16, 2017 5:42 pm
As Archie waits for Sal, he notices that Arktos is sniffing the ground. The great bear begins to move toward the city gate as Sal emerges from his home. A few minutes later, you see the rest of the party moving down the street.
Oct 16, 2017 6:00 pm
"Well, Sal, it looks as though we won't be adventuring after all! There are my friends now!" the little gnome said as he notices the party.

Approaching the party with a smile and a wave, it takes the gnome a moment to realize the somber mood and reason for it. "Hail, friends! I was finishing preparations to rejoin you, but it appears that I've missed...oh...oh gods, no. What's happened?"
Last edited October 16, 2017 6:00 pm
load next

Thread locked