Chapter 1: Burnt Offerings

load previous
Sep 30, 2017 1:40 am
Ryco's smile returns "Now that, we agree on. Why not take their weapons instead of destroying though? Supply Sandpoint with weapons or the blacksmith with smeltable items. If we find my mule, carrying them will be no problem and looking for my mule may lead to more goblins you can take your anger out on; just food for thought." He gives a playful shrug as he turns and makes his way to the hall.
OOC:
Towards d4a/b.
Last edited September 30, 2017 1:42 am
Oct 1, 2017 2:08 am
Shalelu rolls her eyes at Ryco as she walks back into the room. You realize now that she disappeared for several minutes, "You're pathetic..." the beautiful elf says with a sigh, "But you're right. We could use some rest and take the opportunity to lay our friend to rest."

As Ryco begins to move off, "That's not the way out," she calls after him.
Oct 1, 2017 2:14 am
As Archie makes his way into town, making his way toward the jail, he spots someone that he hasn't seen in quite some time, a gnome by the name of Salzabar Igni.
OOC:
Enter thedandyman!
Oct 1, 2017 5:03 pm
As they prepare to leave, Shadow explains to the goblin women that they are going. She welcomes them to come with, at least long enough to find another goblin enclave or place to stay.
Oct 1, 2017 10:26 pm
"Pathetic enough to receive a pity kiss from you, your highness?" Ryco says with a sarcastic grin and a bow forward. "It's a good thing I'm not looking for the way out then; my mule is still lost and I'm not going to abandon him. Besides, it gives your small friend a chance to smash some heads and relieve some of his stress."
Oct 1, 2017 10:53 pm
In Town

Afforded a view from atop his ursine friend rivaled only be his wagon, Archibald spots his old friend rather easily.

Well I'll be a bearded halfling, Salzabar Igni, you old firecracker! What brings you to these parts, my old friend?
Oct 1, 2017 11:40 pm
Shalelu smiles wickedly, "Sure, you can have a kiss," she says seductively as she moves forward, then wraps her arms around Urthask's arm, "If you want to fight this guy first and prove your worth."
Oct 2, 2017 12:44 am
With Shalelu so near, Urthask nearly faints. Clearing his throat nervously he stammers, "I-I th-think not. There'll be no fighting amongst us." He licks his lips. "Everyone's tired and emotions are high. Rest will do us all good."
Oct 2, 2017 3:25 am
"Please; I'm a lover, not a fighter." Ryco saunters up and wraps his arm around Urthask's other arm "And besides, I think I've proven my worth already by saving the burly man we have our arms wrapped around...so I think I'll take my kiss, riiight," He swings his other arm and gently taps Urthask's cheek on Shalelu's side. "Here. You are good for your word, yes?"
Oct 2, 2017 5:55 am
Urthask is mortified. The half-orc's mouth works but no words issue forth. He finally faints.
Oct 2, 2017 7:32 am
Ryco gasps as the hulking half-orc slips from his grasp and faints. "Oh myy." He drops to Urthask's side and begins to fan his chiseled face "I don't think any of us can carry you, big guy."
Oct 2, 2017 7:43 am
~In Town~

Salzabar’s head whips around at the mention of his name and the "firecracker" comment, his expression a strange blend of surprise, indignation, and perhaps a tiny bit of... fear? When Sal realizes who is speaking to him, his eyes widen and he is momentarily unsure what to say, his mouth agape.. "Ahhhh... Archie?" He asks incredulously. "Wow! I, uh.... I live here- listen, what, what about you, what are YOU doing here? Gods, I haven’t seen you in ages!"

As much as he tries to make the conversation feel natural and jovial, it’s seems like this is the last place he wants to be and the last thing he wants to be doing - like a thief, caught in the act of stealing.
Last edited October 2, 2017 2:45 pm
Oct 2, 2017 8:14 am
Turning to his companion/prisoner, Archibald says "Don't worry my dear, this won't take but a moment."

Pulling the great bear to a stop, Archibald slides down to embrace his friend. "Well, I was having a grand time plying my wares at the Swallowtail Festival when those blasted goblins attacked. They even made themselves at home in the glassworks, putting a serious dent in my future glass supply. I've been aiding a group of adventurers in uncovering a... Say, what's wrong, old chum?" Archibald asks as he finally notices his old friend's discomfort. Archie's eyes squint beneath his goggles as he looks Sal over, concern plain on his face.
Last edited October 2, 2017 8:16 am
Oct 2, 2017 1:13 pm
By the Gods, will you two leave the poor man alone! Gongar strides over and shoos Shalelu and Ryco away from Urthask then give him a sharp slap across the face to wake him up.

As Urthasks eyes pop open, Gongar leaning over him, Don't let these two get you riled up big guy. We have more important business than playing pattycake.
Oct 2, 2017 2:40 pm
"Little woozy..." Urthask mumbles, heaving to his feet. The half-orc is still bleeding. It's unclear if he even remembers the arm wrapping and the kissing.
Oct 2, 2017 2:53 pm
Shalelu chuckles and smiles at Urthask, "Sorry, I may have taken that a bit too far!"
Oct 2, 2017 8:07 pm
Ryco hops a couple feet away with a jaunty skip as he is shooed away by Gongar. His leave doesn't last long though, as Urthask wearily comes to once again voicing his status. With a smile, he beams "I can fix that." passing by Gongar, giving him a wink "No funny business this time, promise, Sarenrae's honor."

Ryco walks to Urthask and reaches up to the towering half-orc, placing a finger on his lips. Then gently lets out a 'shhhhhh' as healing magic flows through his finger and into Urthask. He gently removes his finger after the magic has made its course "Feeling better?"
OOC:
Haha, probably not with that 1.
Last edited October 2, 2017 8:08 pm

Rolls

Cure light wounds - (1d8+3)

(1) + 3 = 4

Oct 2, 2017 8:52 pm
OOC:
Xandak's spirit, hovering over his corpse, rolls his eyes and facepalms.

When Archie dismounts and approaches Sal with a hug, he is close enough to see just how rough the other gnome looks. Gnomes aren't known for having well-groomed hair, but Salzibar's ginger hair looks especially wild - gnomish bed-head is a frightening thing to behold. Dark circles sit under his nearly-bloodshot hazel eyes. He doesn't have a beard, per se, but it's clear he hasn't shaved recently. His clothes aren't dirty, but certainly wrinkled, as though they had been sitting on a pile on the floor before he put them on. And as Archie moves in the for the embrace, he can tell Sal hasn't showered in a couple days.

Sal's discomfort becomes even more apparent when Archie voices his concern for his friend's well-being. Sal begins to blink rapidly and stutters, "Uh, wrong? Nothing. No, nothing's wrong, I just um... I- I need to get back home. I was just out running a, ah, a quick errand. And I wasn't expecting to see anybody, c-certainly not you. Not that I don't like seeing you!" He quickly adds. "I was just... surprised. That's all. You surprised me." He wrings his hands. "Anyway, it was great catching up but I really should be getting back home now, so..." He finishes that last sentence so quickly, it takes a little bit of extra effort to understand exactly what he said. He gestures over his shoulder and begins to take a step backwards.
Oct 3, 2017 8:38 am
"A little better, thank you." Urthask replies to Ryco. Awkwardly with this gutka-stained teeth and tusks, the half-orc returns Shalelu's smile. " Urthask rubs his head, scratching at the congealed blood there. "Wh- where were we again?"
Oct 3, 2017 9:37 am
In Town

Archibald narrows his eyes for a moment, the shrewd gnome recognizing that something isn't right. When Sal starts to step away, acting scared of an old friend, Archie steps forward and grabs Sal by the arm.

Wait, my friend...
Last edited October 3, 2017 9:38 am
load next

Thread locked